Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 104

Author Topic: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED  (Read 287431 times)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
Re: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED
« Reply #1290 on: September 28, 2017, 07:37:45 am »

Thanks, NullForceOmega :D

Great to finally be taking the next step here, and still so much fun stuff to be done with it so I hope the reception is good enough to enable all the extra dev time!
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:15 am »

And wishlisted, congrats on the steam release, Cogmind is now on my Christmas must-have list.

Ditto! Looking forward to playing this one. :)

I will be sure to post a review on steam once I've put a few hours in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 30, 2017, 05:25:16 am »

Just great, Cogmind has finally come to steam. Been waiting for this since 2015... Wishlisted, instabuying on release.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:27:39 am by RoguelikeRazuka »

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1293 on: September 30, 2017, 05:47:41 am »

The support is appreciated :D. And yeah it's been quite a wait, but hey now you get a full game! The 2015 launch was a complete core game, but now there's an entire world to explore :D

It'll feel great if we get some more players here in the thread, considering all the great folk in Cogmind's Bay 12 7DRL thread are why I picked it up as a project to work on for the past four years xD
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1294 on: September 30, 2017, 12:51:57 pm »

Hmm, I was going to wait for 1.0 to play. However since the major stuff is in I think the release on Steam EA should be good enough for me.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 30, 2017, 04:19:55 pm »

I'll be buying this or putting it on my Christmas wish list once it's released on Steam. I've been waiting to play this for so long...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1296 on: September 30, 2017, 06:49:27 pm »

Hmm, I was going to wait for 1.0 to play. However since the major stuff is in I think the release on Steam EA should be good enough for me.
Hey Akhier, yeah I've been waiting for you to join us :). I know you got it and were waiting for 1.0, but yeah this is basically the time to start. I could have called this 1.0 but decided to just use EA instead. There are a few incomplete things, but it's mostly extras and unnecessary stuff that I'll continue working on (like challenge modes). The good thing about joining now with the Steam release is everyone can have a say in what other extras get added!

I'll be buying this or putting it on my Christmas wish list once it's released on Steam. I've been waiting to play this for so long...
I'm quite curious how many have put it off specifically for the Steam release--I guess we'll know in the coming weeks! Thanks.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1297 on: October 01, 2017, 03:33:14 pm »

Since I already have it what will I need to do so I have it on steam? Also I must admit I have at some point misplaced whatever email told me how to download it in the normal method, what do I need to do to get that again?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1298 on: October 01, 2017, 07:23:59 pm »

Once I get enough keys I'll send out emails. (And to get the original DRM-free download email you'll need to email my gmail gridsagegames account--just any short message, all I need is your email address to resend.)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1299 on: October 02, 2017, 08:06:55 pm »

Behold, a long blog post about the process of preparing a game for Steam.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1301 on: October 03, 2017, 06:01:26 pm »

And such good timing, too! Dominic has been following Cogmind for a while, but hadn't played it until last week. Great to see that he already really "gets it" (and the other games, too!).

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1302 on: October 08, 2017, 11:34:07 pm »

Aavak has started playing some Cogmind as we get ready for the Steam release :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T-rz38X6xA&feature=youtu.be&a

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1303 on: October 16, 2017, 07:45:29 pm »

It's finally happened. After over four years and more than 8,000 hours of work, Cogmind has just been released on Steam :D

Spoiler: Details (text+gifs) (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 16, 2017, 08:07:07 pm »

Heh, just got the email from Steam letting me know. Picked it up and looking forward to trying it out!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 104