Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 104

Author Topic: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED  (Read 286875 times)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
Re: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike in development)
« Reply #630 on: May 18, 2015, 07:13:42 pm »

Haha technically because you're in the US it launches earlier than the stated May 19th. Just got up. Let me get my bearings here, probably eat something, and then we launch. Most likely within an hour.
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #631 on: May 18, 2015, 09:20:31 pm »

10... 9... *never mind*... Trailer! Website! Buy Page!
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 18, 2015, 09:29:47 pm »

"assigned their own unique personal item"

would you please elaborate?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 18, 2015, 10:38:20 pm »

Cogmind Release Schedule
-snip-
[Item/Art Collecting
Introducing the ASCII Art Gallery and Item Compendium! The game menu Credits page now includes access to a new area where you can browse the many hundreds of pieces of ASCII art from the game. But, you can only view art for those items you've discovered so far. Art and names for items never seen before are listed as "unknown."

The art gallery also keeps track of an interesting piece of meta info: the total number of times you've attached an individual part across all your plays combined. So there's a reason to open it other than just to look at art.

Where do supporters come in?

Everyone* who joins the Alpha Access program is randomly assigned their own unique personal item from among Cogmind's huge selection. One supporter per item. Your name (or a name of your choosing) is then forever listed with that item in the gallery (you can of course opt out of this if you prefer). Consider this "adopt a component drive" a chance to be immortalized in roguelike history :D.

I wonder who will get Matter, the most basic and common item in the game, or any of the many rare items that could take a while to discover. Some of you may embark on a "personal quest" to find your item ;). Or perhaps you could enlist help from others...
-snip-
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 18, 2015, 11:40:45 pm »

Hey i saw there was key pack and stuff, if somebody get a spare one, could you throw one in my way? :D.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 19, 2015, 02:14:54 am »

Kind of got stuck at home. I'll grab my copy in the morning.

ps. Forum registration confirmations are going to the junk folder under Hotmail, just so everyone knows where to look for them.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:26:43 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - ALPHA RELEASED
« Reply #636 on: May 19, 2015, 06:56:01 am »

The trailer is pretty sweet.

When I get home I'm going to look for mha monies.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #637 on: May 19, 2015, 07:34:36 am »

The trailer is pretty sweet.

When I get home I'm going to look for mha monies.
Trailer made specifically to encourage this action =p

...perhaps overkill for a niche game like Cogmind, but maybe the trailer's production value will help it reach a wider audience.

Looking forward to seeing what our Bay 12 regulars think years after having had fun with the 7DRL :D

And to those who read it and were waiting, sorry about my first post today when I said "launch probably within an hour"--after an hour I was all ready to launch and at the last step, YouTube decided it wouldn't let my trailer embed anywhere, nor tell me why. I had to delete it, reupload, and relink everything from scratch. Delayed launch by an hour :/

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 19, 2015, 07:36:20 am »

We're did you get the background music in the trailer (and what I assume is the bgm in game)?

I like it

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #639 on: May 19, 2015, 07:38:16 am »

Purchased, installed, promptly died 3 times before getting out of the first hallway. A+ roguelike, 10/10 would play again

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 19, 2015, 07:42:49 am »

Maybe your being to agressive?

My plan for when I get it-

1.find data jack
2.hack robots
3.repeat hacking attempts until I manage to assimilate some bots
4.raise robot army
5. ???
6.profit

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #641 on: May 19, 2015, 07:47:30 am »

Purchased, installed, promptly died 3 times before getting out of the first hallway. A+ roguelike, 10/10 would play again
Thank you for the box quote, forsaken1111 :D.

We're did you get the background music in the trailer (and what I assume is the bgm in game)?

I like it
Composed professionally by Alex Yoder. He did the trailer music for the famous Crawl trailer, too ;). He's into roguelikes also, found Cogmind, and asked if he could do the music :D

The game has no BGM yet, only a ton of sound effects and occasionally some background sounds. BGM will come later, and is something I'll want to discuss with alpha backers when the time comes.

I'd like to ask Alex to do it because I think he's really good, but he's pretty expensive (not by industry standards, but for my budget) so it depends. There are a couple of other options and certainly many interested composers.

Maybe your being to agressive?

My plan for when I get it-

1.find data jack
2.hack robots
3.repeat hacking attempts until I manage to assimilate some bots
4.raise robot army
5. ???
6.profit
Haha, that seems to be what a lot of players who've been following development are trying to do. I saw the first LPer try that. Datajacks are tough to use for assimilation in the early game, unless you have a Hacking Suite as well. There are better ways to raise an army (and yet more ways to lose one...).

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 19, 2015, 07:53:46 am »

Hence the "repeat until" clasue of my plan.

Hack until I get familiar enough with it.....to assimlate....

Of course by then all my hacking is probbly going to get the AI after me....

Oh well... Losing is fun.

Edit- wait....other ways? :o
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:02:59 am by endlessblaze »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #643 on: May 19, 2015, 08:06:17 am »

Just rounded a corner, 4-5 pests shot at me. They blew my weapons off in the first volley.

Equip a new weapon, they shoot that off too.

I feel like I'm in a western and they keep shooting weapons out of my hand. Lesson learned, retreat before you rearm.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #644 on: May 19, 2015, 08:11:55 am »

I leave for a couple weeks and suddenly its in Alpha. Luckily it seems there is a pay by money order option which makes everything so much easier for me.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 104