Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 36481 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #510 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:38 am »

so robin, when are you gonna champ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 13, 2014, 10:43:32 am »

Oh I forgot about it. I hadn't expected people to give me Pokemon until I asked for them! Umm, maybe this afternoon? Like 3ish hours from now?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 13, 2014, 10:44:55 am »

sure. new mons, or just take the one already listed?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 13, 2014, 10:46:25 am »

I'll use the ones people gave me, there are some good team options there.

Edit: I really want to find a use for Dedenne, but... it's so mediocre.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:01:10 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 13, 2014, 11:04:21 am »

lies!

it's actually below mediocre :3

it can be used to spread paralysis around I guess

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 13, 2014, 11:09:13 am »

Yeah, it's fast and it has sort of decent special attack, Nuzzle, Volt Switch, and Thunder/Discharge. I guess Entrainment could be useful in a gimmicky sort of way?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 13, 2014, 12:01:33 pm »

I've decided. Once I finish the current tournament, I'm leaving the League.

It's not just that I suck. It's that, overall, I'm not enjoying this. Pokemon battling just isn't that much fun, and it certainly isn't worth the time spent figuring out if my builds suck or not and hopping over to Showdown in hopes that something works.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 13, 2014, 12:06:58 pm »

awwwww

you don't have to power through the last rounds if you are nto having fun. It would be really awesome if you would go and find a replacement player through your delinquent player thread, or just by asking around people you think might be interested

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 13, 2014, 12:52:00 pm »

Aww, sad to see you go GWG. If you're having any fun then it defeats the purpose of playing a game though, so I definitely understand.

On another note: d'awwwwwwww

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 13, 2014, 12:52:46 pm »

it's only cute when you see anime screenshots of how incredibly tiny it is. this thing is actually hamster sized

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 13, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

I've decided. Once I finish the current tournament, I'm leaving the League.

It's not just that I suck. It's that, overall, I'm not enjoying this. Pokemon battling just isn't that much fun, and it certainly isn't worth the time spent figuring out if my builds suck or not and hopping over to Showdown in hopes that something works.

I'm sorry to see you leave but if you aren't having fun it's the best decision
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]