Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 156250 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game):Characters nearly done!
« Reply #330 on: October 09, 2013, 08:07:09 pm »

((gotta go, brb 2 hours))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game):Characters nearly done!
« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2013, 08:11:53 pm »

"Matthew walks off"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
I Really Need A Name: 2012-7-14-12-00
« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2013, 08:25:22 pm »

2012, July 14, 1200

Matthew and Selina meet in a park by chance. After Matthew purposefully trips in front of Selina, they talk. Selina backs off; Matthew takes his cue and leaves.

Tabitha glares at the stoplight. Soon enough, it changes, and a few minutes later she reaches her workshop.

Steven is hiding in the sewers. He doesn't get hungry much anymore, and thirst is usually dealt with by absorbing water from ground he passes through, but he still feels boredom and fear.

Fear is strong today. Toronto's sewers have been augmented and altered by a gang known as the Rats, composed primarily of warped parahumans and lead by the strangely-creatively-named Kiln, who combines terra- and pyrokinesis. The Rats could be coming by any minute...did he just hear something?

Elena puts on most of her costume, becoming Delphinium. She will be going on patrol with Sliver at one, but that leaves time to get lunch and perhaps mess around in the Wards HQ before then.

Kevin bangs on a vending machine, trying to get a snack. He is unsuccessful for a bit, then he finally frees it.

2012, July 14, 1203
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:36:58 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending :A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #333 on: October 09, 2013, 08:33:30 pm »

((... Am I supposed to RP now? You're not giving me anything to work with.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 09, 2013, 08:33:53 pm »

((Elena not Tabitha for the Delphinium.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:42:40 pm by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 09, 2013, 08:36:33 pm »

((... Am I supposed to RP now? You're not giving me anything to work with.))
((You could enter the building and describe what you're working on?))

((...Maybe trying to keep everyone at the same time is doomed to failure.))

Elena not Tabitha for the Delphinium.
((D'oh.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 09, 2013, 08:38:17 pm »

"heh" Kevin grunts, picks up the snack packaging and starts munching on its contents. He finds a nice comfortable place to sit and starts people watching while he waits for the end of the drying cycle.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:08:44 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 09, 2013, 08:38:43 pm »

Matthew finishes his walk through the park
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 09, 2013, 10:08:24 pm »

With a little 'chink', the door to the Protectorate building swung inwards, and in slouched forth the parahuman known as Tabitha.

"Hannah." She called for her assistant, eyes shut and sluggishly weaving through the small maze of walls and desks. "Coffee."

Hannah, a mousy woman who had been standing by the wall, quickly fell into step behind Tabitha. "The, uh. The machine-" she said, but was interrupted by a hefty sigh.

"Can't you people refrain from stuffing the grounds into the superconductor? One week? Just one week I ask."

With an almost audible whip crack, Tabitha about-faced and marched straight into the break room, where a small gathering of people were swiftly backing away from a screeching and glowing 2 foot tall machine on the counter.

"The flesh is falling off of my hands!" cried a distressed coworker.

"I think that's just filth, Dirty Dan."

"NOOOOOOOO-"

"I swear you people just shouldn't be allowed near these things." Tabitha said as she marched straight up to the shaking machine. Grabbing a strategically placed set of tools inset into the wall four months ago, she pulled a pair of pliers out, opened a panel on the back of the machine, and twisted what some might have called the fourth dimensional representative of a lug nut cast onto a mobius strip.

The machine stopped glowing, made a hellish grinding noise, then shot a soccer ball sized pile of wet, clumpy coffee grounds at the wall at twenty miles per hour, the resulting splatter reinvigorating Dirty Dan immensely.

It beeped. Tabitha shut the flap, opened a hinge, poured in a generous amount of coffee material into the opening, and stormed out a half minute later holding two cups of tinker brewed hyper caffeine.

Ignoring the sudden influx of office workers rushing to get their fix, Tabitha continued onward to sub level five, handing Hannah the spare cup as she fell back in line. Perhaps the combat super-stimulants she had been brewing were ready for demonstration.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:50 pm »

Selina walked into a soup kitchen and joined a long line of others without money for homes or food. After a couple minutes she was given a few slices of slightly stale bread, and a bit of cheese. Fortunately, the soup was good today, or chowder as it was, being Cheese Burger Chowder and quite hot. She was lucky today, often the main meal of the day was already long gone, but it seemed like there would be plenty today, even giving out small containers of the chowder for later consumption after eating your fill here. Selina sighed as she slowly ate. What if that man had actually been sincere with his offer? Would Selina finally be able to get out of the world she was so desperately trapped in?

No... She just couldn't know... She sat alone as she contemplated why she bothered to still try and survive... And hoped desperately she was not recognized from the news reports that had happened day 1. The reports came less frequently now, the last one about her airing on day 36. Maybe she had been forgotten now... Maybe that was how it should be... She ate quietly in her corner, hating her life and what she had become.
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 10, 2013, 12:27:14 am »

((no worm update tonight  :'( oh well the last one had a cliff hanger so big i could just touch the canyon floor if I stretched my toes a bit.))
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 10, 2013, 01:58:57 am »

Steven lets out a low growl and turns to flee, while confident that kilns powers would be unable to affect him it is not a hupothesis he was willing to test at the moment.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #342 on: October 10, 2013, 11:39:49 am »

((Should I just continue flavor posting or are you planning on some NPC interaction Gold?))
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 10, 2013, 11:48:24 am »

((...NPC action works. Hm...))

Selina sits down next to a middle-aged woman.
"Hello, miss. What's your name?"
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 10, 2013, 11:53:01 am »

"er... h-hello... um... I... I'm s-s-sarah..." Selina's eye twitched slightly when she said the name. She had used several different names while she was hiding, trying not to be recognized. Despite this, she always had some little tell that a trained eye could pick up on.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 137