Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 157824 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #390 on: October 12, 2013, 02:35:00 pm »

Selina glanced around the corner and started to watch what was happening. What was the hero doing? ...Or was he even a hero, could he be a villian!?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 12, 2013, 03:36:05 pm »

well Kevin supposed he did look the part at least, he stopped and folded his arms and his blood runes writhed on top of them and his chest in suppressed anger.
((Reminds me, which ones is he using right now?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 12, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »

((Pretty sure he's using all of them except increased weight. Is that okay? oh and I meant the runes were moving on his own arms and chest not anyone elses.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:45:30 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 12, 2013, 03:52:41 pm »

That should be fine.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 12, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

"I said listen to me when ieeem speakin'" The drunk man slammed his bottle against the counter top and it exploded in a fit of glass and alcohol.
Kevin ducked out of the way of the shotguns sight while the shopkeeper was distracted. The shotgun went off, The wall behind him was covered in shotgun pellets and the only one with a bleeding chest was the shopkeeper.

Kevin turned around and saw one of the customers with a hood over his face and a silenced pistol in the process of adjusting its aim from the shopkeeper, to the most dangerous threat in the room.

Kevin jumped behind the counter and dragged the drunken man with him who just kind of flopped around. Another customer jumped on top of the assailant ruining his aim enough to miss Kevin by a hair. He could feel the heat of the bullet rush past his arm. The hooded figure shifted his weight and flipped the everyday hero onto the floor and shot her three times before she managed to get up.

Kevin got up from behind the counter holding the dying store owner's shotgun to aim it at the hit man.

It hit the bullet proof glass as the hit man closed the exit behind him and continued walking briskly but with a certain amount of calm and reloaded his weapon.

The shotgun had no more ammunition. ((dammit))

He placed his hand on the bullet wound and stopped the bleeding by clotting it up. There was something other than blood mixed in with it that made it harder to control, A kind of poison. It probably came from the bullet. He couldn't do anything about that. He the jumped over the counter to the other injured to check her pulse. She was dead.

Fucking moron.

He kicked the door open

Immediately he heard the screeching of tires and the get away car turned and nearly broke off a chunk of building at the same corner that one of the onlookers he noted earlier were hiding.
If Kevin had to guess that person might have gotten hit.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:13:09 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 12, 2013, 06:20:15 pm »

Selina screamed when the first shots went off then screamed again when a stray shot hit her arm. She clutched the wound, trying to staunch the bleeding, but she was never good at dealing with pain. She tried to get away, but she was struggling with the pain. She heard the tires screech and then looked over at the cape. She look at him pleadingly, needing help. She didn't know what to do, she had to hope this wasn't bad. Selina felt something warm going down her side, but she wasn't sure what.
[/quote]

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #396 on: October 12, 2013, 07:14:47 pm »

((Looks like you've got a perfect opportunity to bring most of the party together (Cause we all know you Never Split the Party, mostly because it makes things harder for the GM and leaves some people with nothing to do).

Kevin can help the injured Selina. Then they can ask help from the PRT for the poisoned Selina, when the poison turns out to be of parahuman origin, which will probably lead them to Tabitha. Then the poison can be connected to The Rat's Gardner so that they have a reason to go after them. There they can come across Steven under attack by the others and have him join the party.

Just got to find a way to bring Mathew and Elena into this and you're set. EDIT: Oh, wait, Elena is still waiting for Bullhit to answer her question about shakers, which could lead her to Kiln. So this leaves only Mathew.
This is my PTW.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:00:28 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2013, 07:34:04 pm »

((Looks like you've got a perfect opportunity to bring most of the party together (Cause we all know you Never Split the Party, mostly because it makes things harder for the GM and leaves some people with nothing to do).

Kevin can help the injured Selina. Then they can ask help from the PRT for the poison when the poison turns out to be of parahuman origin, which will probably lead them to Tabitha. Then the poison can be connected to The Rat's Gardner so that they have a reason to go after them. There they can come across Steven under attack by the others and have him join the party.

Just got to find a way to bring Mathew and Elena into this and you're set. EDIT: Oh, wait, Elena is still waiting for Bullhit to answer her question about shakers, which could lead her to Kiln. So this leaves only Mathew.
This is my PTW.))
((...Awesome. And thanks for reminding me of that.))

"Not that I'm aware of, though the reports say that they have been recruiting.  Why? What happened?"  In their line of work information was key. Every new enemy was an unknown quantity that they had to account for, and an unrecognized Shaker with the Bones would make taking them out that much harder.
"Well, short version, I got hit by a big clump of dirt. Weird. It, like, got up and started hitting the heroes down. Damn near suffocated me."
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2013, 07:46:34 pm »

Still a little confused as to what I'm supposed to be doing. I put in the RP but nothing happened? Am I waiting for something?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 12, 2013, 07:49:11 pm »

((I think we're just doing flavor at this point...))
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 12, 2013, 08:18:33 pm »

Still a little confused as to what I'm supposed to be doing. I put in the RP but nothing happened? Am I waiting for something?
((Mostly, for me to remember and find it.))
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending :A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #401 on: October 12, 2013, 08:19:52 pm »

Perhaps the combat super-stimulants she had been brewing were ready for demonstration.
Hm...Tabitha heads to the machine she had mixing them. Yup, they're ready...now, what was her plan with these again?
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2013, 08:47:55 pm »

((haha Selena was supposed to get hit by the car, but this is even better. I'll post in a bit my imagination is running wild and it needs to settle down.))
...............___@@@__                  

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2013, 08:50:40 pm »

((Wasn't sure when the polite time to remind you was.  I was going to do it at midnight tonight, so thanks to Parisbre))

"So... we may be looking at a Master Shaker situation.  With the Masters they already have, Skull with his osteokinesis, Spine with his robots, Humerus with her people copies and whoever this new guy is," Elena sighed, "it's like they are trying to build an army."  The implications were horrifying, especially if this new guy happened to continue the ridiculous naming theme of the gang.  "Thanks Bullhit.  I would offer to relieve some of the stress you're feeling, but Sliver has been in that bathroom way too long, and I'm not allowed to use my powers in non-combat situations."  Elena gave him a smile, a wink and put a finger to her lips .  She watched as the emotional spectrum around his body softened marginally, not enough that sometimes a placebo was all that was needed.  It was times like this that Elena loved having powers. 

She strode over to the bathroom door and shoved it open to find Sliver, fully suited, in the middle of one of his personal pep talks to the mirror.  She had been hoping for slightly more embarrassment and slightly less fear, but it would do.  "Look," Elena said as she tilted her head and rubbed her eye in a way that exuded agitation, "I understand that you are the team leader, but I do wish that you were a bit more focused on the team.

She spoke quickly, upset, knowing that her own feelings on the matter were affecting her mannerisms, but this was a waste of time, "Bullhit just returned early after he defended a country club against the Bones and what sounds like a Shaker/Master with control of dirt.  If you want to continue to debrief him, that's your prerogative, but I think that his time would be better spent showering off and not dirtying our couch anymore."  She could hear a chuckle in the next room as she said it.

((how does Sliver react?))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 12, 2013, 09:06:47 pm »

Perhaps the combat super-stimulants she had been brewing were ready for demonstration.
Hm...Tabitha heads to the machine she had mixing them. Yup, they're ready...now, what was her plan with these again?

(((Am I literally going to have to transcribe what everything/one in the PRT building is/looks like? It seems like you're expecting me to do worldbuilding for you.)))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 137