Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 157795 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2013, 09:39:37 pm »

Perhaps the combat super-stimulants she had been brewing were ready for demonstration.
Hm...Tabitha heads to the machine she had mixing them. Yup, they're ready...now, what was her plan with these again?
(((Am I literally going to have to transcribe what everything/one in the PRT building is/looks like? It seems like you're expecting me to do worldbuilding for you.)))
((No, just your research plan and goals.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2013, 10:03:02 pm »

-snip-
She spoke quickly, upset, knowing that her own feelings on the matter were affecting her mannerisms, but this was a waste of time, "Bullhit just returned early after he defended a country club against the Bones and what sounds like a Shaker/Master with control of dirt.  If you want to continue to debrief him, that's your prerogative, but I think that his time would be better spent showering off and not dirtying our couch anymore."  She could hear a chuckle in the next room as she said it.

((how does Sliver react?))
"Thanks for letting me know. I'll go speak with him." Sliver turns to head out the door, but turns.
"And this leadership stuff...it's tough. You probably know I'm stressed, buy I don't think you get why. Imagine for a sec that every little failure we've had as a team weighed down on your shoulders, and on top of that you had to fill out paperwork for pretty much any time anyone on the team steps out of line, and schoolwork and stuff, and all of that. You start cutting out sleep, personal time. And you start to doubt yourself. Am I doing all I can? Can I do more? Could I have saved Bullhit that whatever it was if I had [aid a bit more attention to reports? Heavy is the head that wears the crown, Elena...and this crown doesn't come with a lot of side benefits. Or ability to delegate, for that matter."[color]

She sighs. "Sorry, it's just...stressful, you know? And I let it build up, because it's all there, there's no one to vent to unless I book one of the PRT shrinks, and this all just seems so petty for them to deal with. So then I lash out at people trying to be nice. I'm sorry."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2013, 10:05:31 pm »

((haha Selena was supposed to get hit by the car, but this is even better. I'll post in a bit my imagination is running wild and it needs to settle down.))
((Well, you mentioned someone getting shot, so i just played off of that :P ))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »

((last one of the day I'm getting tired))

He was about to go out and check on the hit and run victim when he heard shaky breathing. He turned around and spotted the third customer. with a bloody arm. The thought occurred to him that he was letting the hit man get away but if anything the poison might provide a way to nab him or her by other means.

He never saw the hit man actually shoot anyone. just heard the shots. The woman that was dead on the ground only had 2 bullet wounds. He noted she kind of resembled the shop keeper and that she was already starting to smell like shit and piss.

He jogged to the alive customers aid while the drunk man was looking around the store trying to figure out what the fuck just happened.

He placed his hand on the bullet wound. It had gone clear through to the other side of the arm taking out a good chunk of flesh with it. there was some of the same poison that he saw in the shop keeper albeit less of it.

"Your going to die. probably painfully." He said while working on stopping the bleeding. He didn't like the idea but he was beginning to think he may need the assistance of the protectorate for this. They have a damn good healer that could probably identify the poison.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2013, 11:05:52 pm »

"Pl-please... N-not now... I d-d-don't want t-to... D-die..." Selina looked terrified and in shock, as well as unable to move due to the pain. It hurt so much.
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2013, 06:54:44 am »

The way she stated it made it sound like he had complete control of the situation. He buried the thoughts that stemmed from this. Kevin didn't go for the grim reaper look for a reason.

"hmm, I suppose you don't."

He finished up with the wound. He had found some alcohol in one of the refrigerators to use as a disinfectant earlier.

"Tell, me your name." Kevin said.

The drunken man was sulking over the shop keeper.
...............___@@@__                  

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2013, 10:50:29 am »

"S-s-seli... Sarah... Pl-please... D-d-don't l-l-let me die..." Selina sounded desperate, she wanted to live! She still had hope! Small though it was, it was still there, and she couldn't lose it now... Not now...
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 13, 2013, 11:42:15 am »

"s-s-silly Sarah... Pl-please... D-d-don't l-l-let me die..." kevin mis-heard

and then Kevin laughed. It started low in one or two bursts and then in full force. He hadn't laughed like this in years. The irony! no one else would understand how funny this situation was.

"All right 'Silly Sarah', I'll save your god damned life, but you have to promise me something."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:58:37 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2013, 12:15:34 pm »

((A half naked man covered in blood and energy blades who was just seen leaving a crime scene is standing over and holding a whimpering teenage girl while laughing. Yep, that's going to look good on the witness reports or when the police arrive.

Speaking of which, how long does it take for the police to arrive in a city like that when a crime like that one (gunshots with possible wounded and possible parahuman involvement) is reported? Judging from personal experience, in a high crime area like that one response times are going to be 5-15 minutes or less if there happens to be a nearby police car, unless there's something more important going on elsewhere or the police officers are afraid.
Just thinking in case the PCs need to wait for human reinforcements. Or run away, if they decide to be villains...
EDIT: Except if the police move at the speed of the plot...))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:18:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 13, 2013, 02:40:19 pm »

"Right." Tabitha said, arriving at the fifth floor. "Any major changes in the vats?"

"None that I could tell. It's still pretty blue-greenish." Hannah stated. She sipped the coffee and then shuddered. "Oh yeah, that's the stuff."

"Hm." Swiping an access card on the fifth door down, Tabitha entered her workshop. A large cluster of tables dominated the center of the room, absolutely covered in odd gadgets and equipment. A rather alarming number of notebooks and boards covered the north wall and tables near it, and were filled with a array of scribbling.

What really caught they eye, were several industrial sized vats lining the east and south wall. A majority of them were filled with a slightly glowing pinkish liquid, but the one occupying Tabitha's attention was the aforementioned blue-green vat.

She checked a wall of instruments imprinted into the wall next to the vats and frowned. Twisting a nob slightly, the vat started to bubble.

"Hannah, dropper fifteen and three, second table." With ease that spoke of many long nights, Hannah deposited two of the cherry red containers into Tabitha's outstretched hand. Keeping an eye on the readings, she squeezed out the contents of one into the vat. A few meters swung wildly and a beeping noise rang through the lab. With another press, a rod came from the ceiling and slowly stirred the pot. The other dropper was emptied, and the mixture turned a dark orange.

"Okay. That should stir for another five minutes, and it'll be ready by two." Tabitha said, looking pleased.

"So that's it then? Super speed in a bottle?" Hannah asked, leaning back over a desk.

Tabitha shrugged. "Yep. Took a long ass time to do it too. It'll only work for a while, and I can't take it too often or muscles start to break down. Still, it's a big step forward." She walked around, absentmindedly checking the pink vats.

"But it will only work for you." Hannah stated, glancing at the bloody liquid.

"Yep. Like I've said, it's really hard to get these things usable by everybody without having to carry it myself. There's a million little things that could make someone have an allergy attack, or have their body turn on itself. You know how long these market regeneration fluids took me."

Hannah smirked. "About seven months if I recall. You kept making the rats turn into big ol' piles of goo. And there was that one time where-"

"Oh, don't even get me started on the cat. You forget to close the door one time and then 'Oh no, my cubicle is filled with a sprawling mass of mewling flesh', 'Oh no, it's escaping into the sewers.', 'Oh no, the great lakes are spawning cats. It's a cute, furry apocalypse!'" Tabitha yelled, throwing her hands up.

Hannah poked Tabitha as she walked by. "You're the one who didn't fully clean out a vat. Also, I don't think those last two happened."

"Embellishment, look it up. Back to what I was saying, I made these-" She banged a pinkish vat. "-things usable by everybody. It took fuckin' months, they break down after a two or three weeks, and they work much slower than they could."

"Still, you've saved hundreds of lives by making that. All I hear on the streets is talk about the 'miracle salve' that you supply the hospitals." said Hannah.

"Can't stop a cut throat. Cant mend a severed major artery. Not that fast." Tabitha sighed, making a small adjustment to an instrument. "My personals could repair a crushed bone in seconds, could regrow a severed limb in minutes. Yes, yes, I know, its an exaggeration." She said at Hannah's raised eyebrow. "Still, nobody else can possibly figure out how to use them, so I have to make the dumb and weak version."

"Which is why you're making the super serum. To stop that kind of thing from happening at all." Hannah said. "Prevention and cure, and all that."

"Yeah, and it's been a lot faster in the making than the goop over here. I only took, what, two weeks? It's true what they say, Tinker shit just can't be mass produced."

"Hm." Hannah said. She walked over and leaned against the north wall at the end of the vat line. "Thought you said you weren't going to be a cape, when we first met."

"Sometimes a girl gets tired of hearing that people are dying, and that she isn't doing anything about it."

Hannah pondered this. "Do you think super speed is all that you'll be needing?"

Tabitha snorted. "Hell no. I'll need to start on some super strength serum soon. Maybe some tranquilizer shot."

There was a beep from the speed vat.

"Should I go alert the higher ups for a review, then?" Hannah asked, already halfway to the door.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Hannah. In a half hour, if you would."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:59:28 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2013, 03:23:08 pm »

((A half naked man covered in blood and energy blades who was just seen leaving a crime scene is standing over and holding a whimpering teenage girl while laughing. Yep, that's going to look good on the witness reports or when the police arrive.

Speaking of which, how long does it take for the police to arrive in a city like that when a crime like that one (gunshots with possible wounded and possible parahuman involvement) is reported? Judging from personal experience, in a high crime area like that one response times are going to be 5-15 minutes or less if there happens to be a nearby police car, unless there's something more important going on elsewhere or the police officers are afraid.
Just thinking in case the PCs need to wait for human reinforcements. Or run away, if they decide to be villains...
EDIT: Except if the police move at the speed of the plot...))
((All of that is very true. However, the law is a bit distracted elsewhere...and I kinda lost track of in-game time.))

[quote authoer=Derm]
Assorted RP
[/quote]
((Alright, I see what you're saying. I might tone down that stuff a little, especially the bit where her serums have an order of magnitude more effect on herself*, but overall not too bad.))
((So...you're planning to test it on lab rats? That's the stage you're at?))
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2013, 03:40:48 pm »

No, this is the finished stage. Self testing. And again, embellishment.

Also its less that the serums work for her better, than that they work for everyone else less.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:02:35 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2013, 03:51:06 pm »

Matthew is going to be melancholy for a little while, he does not like leaving people to their problems.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 13, 2013, 03:51:23 pm »

"s-s-silly Sarah... Pl-please... D-d-don't l-l-let me die..." kevin mis-heard

and then Kevin laughed. It started low in one or two bursts and then in full force. He hadn't laughed like this in years. The irony! no one else would understand how funny this situation was.

"All right 'Silly Sarah', I'll save your god damned life, but you have to promise me something."
"A-a-anything..." Selina looks to be in a lot of pain.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2013, 04:24:04 pm »

No, this is the finished stage. Self testing. And again, embellishment.

Also its less that the serums work for her better, than that they work for everyone else less.
((Same difference, really. The only question is which is the baseline, and that's academic at best. I wouldn't put the difference at more than a factor of two or three for most things.))

[??+5-10]
Tabitha injects the serum. She feels a bit off; everything moves just a little slower.
What will Tabitha do now?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 137