Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 157422 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game): Signups ending!
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 05:20:34 pm »

((OK sorta Rushing this but should end up ok))
Add your aptitudes and weaknesses, it looks okay.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2013, 05:22:24 pm »

Nyeh. I'll PTW. The only hero I can think of is hideously game-breaking.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2013, 05:38:29 pm »

((OK sorta Rushing this but should end up ok))
Add your aptitudes and weaknesses, it looks okay.

Done
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2013, 06:12:58 pm »

Nyeh. I'll PTW. The only hero I can think of is hideously game-breaking.
Oh?
(Bear in mind that the power you "choose" is not final, it is merely a suggestion.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »

Damein Greig
Description: 5' 4", with grey hair, Daniel has very pale skin, with brown/black eyes. He wears his hair shoulder-length, and wears practical clothes, with a penchant for avoiding shorts.

Personality: Seems to be outspoken and quick to temper but actually cool-headed.
Background: Born in Los Angeles, Damien grew up in a middle-class family, with both parents (one a police officer and the other a clerk) out working most of the time. This led him to form a tight bond with a group of friends, and he stayed busy out of the house.
Trigger Event: Damien was out with his friends one day when they were suddenly caught in the crossfire between two villains, both using lethal force. One of his friends- the one driving- died outright, and with the others, including him, seriously injured, they  were in bad shape.

And then thugs of one of the villians came out following the fight to come loot, robbing both the stuff from smashed stores and dead bodies- including Damien's friend. In an outburst of rage, Damien stepped out of the wreckage of the car, bleeding and broken, with a crushed chest, and went after the thief.

Suggested Power: I could think of a gamebreaking one- creates bubbles/spheres of kinetic energy, but I think I'll let you take a shot at it.
Aptitudes: Protectiveness, Brave/Stubborn. (Not sure on bonuses here- do your thing.)
Weaknesses: Hand-to hand combat, Guns, Not very strong. (Same as Aptitudes- help me out, please.)
Quirks: Chivalrous

Scenario: Alternate universe, with similar-type entities (PRT, Endbringers, etc.), but different heroes. And Brockton Bay still gets hit, maybe?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:12:41 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2013, 06:58:15 pm »

Hmm. GWG, I thank you for getting me into Worm. I'll post a sheet sometime in the next week or so; feel free to start without me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2013, 07:00:27 pm »

I'm the one who showed him worm. You should thank me for bringing it to attention >.>
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:10 pm »

I'm the one who showed him worm. You should thank me for bringing it to attention >.>
Okay then thanks too.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:18 pm »

Then I thank you for introducing GWG to Worm.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »

Scenario: Alternate universe, with similar-type entities (PRT, Endbringers, etc.), but different heroes. And Brockton Bay still gets hit, maybe?
To clarify: Do you mean that this universe would have the PRT, Yangban, Endbringers, ω, etc, but all staffed differently; or do you mean that this universe would have organizations much like these, but rather distinct?

Hmm. GWG, I thank you for getting me into Worm. I'll post a sheet sometime in the next week or so; feel free to start without me.
You are welcome. The waitlist will be kept open.

Thanks for that, by the way.

Two hours left...
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »

Name:Selina Nox
Description:About 5'8 with brown hair and hazel eyes. She has a small chest and is quite thin. Her arms have many long cuts on them, as if she were sliced up by knives, she usually tries to hide them under the sleeves of her shirt.

Personality:Incredibly shy and nervous, has a very bad stutter around people she doesn't know... and people she does generally. She tries to be nice but never makes any friends. Shes also [redacted].
Background:Selina was abandoned at birth and raised as an orphan. She was always picked on and taunted, never being treated well, even by the staff at the orphanage. When she turned 10, she was adopted by a family who actually did love and care for her! They helped her in school, taught her everything they neglected to in the orphanage, and gave her everything she had ever dreamed of. She was still shy and nervous, getting bullied at school sometimes too, but she always knew she could go home and feel love and comfort. She struggled in school, only really doing well in art due to her massive attention to detail, but she always needed help to keep passing. And then... it happened.

Trigger Event:When she was just 13, Selina was in a car crash with her adopted parents. They both died and Selina barely escaped with severe injuries. Someone came and got her out of the wreckage, she thought it was someone trying to save her, but it wasn't. She was taken by a cruel, sadistic woman, who tortured her for days before Selina was saved by some capes. (If I understand them correctly) She was never the same after that, both physically, and mentally. She almost never spoke now, and it seemed like she never would. She was put into another orphanage and has been going to school, seeming very secluded and away from everything until the present day.

Suggested Power: Your choice here.
Aptitudes:+5 Drawing, +3 Running and Sneaking(She has to hide from the bullies somehow) +1 Cooking, Singing, and Cuteness that shes oblivious to.
Weaknesses:-3 to pain tolerance. -1 to staying calm and strength of any kind.
Quirks:She has a C average in every normal class in school, making her RL applications of those skills very bad. ((The second will be sent by PM as a secret you can probably guess))

Scenario #Wormverse

((Done and... 7 new replies...))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:09:27 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2013, 07:12:55 pm »

1. "Cape" is a generic term that encompasses both superheroes and supervillains, leaving out rogues (parahumans who use their superpowers for business or industry rather than crime-fighting, crime, or whatever, including Parian and Canary.)

2. For the scenario, do you mean 2 or 3?
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2013, 07:14:00 pm »

Number 2, sorry. And superhero capes, not villains. :P
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »

Number 2, sorry. And superhero capes, not villains. :P
((Though to be fair, there are probably a lot of villains in the Wormverse who would have rescued her had they found her.

If for the wrong reasons.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 07:23:06 pm »

Or the right ones, in at least one notable villains' case.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 137