Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 156272 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 06:56:29 pm »

I'm tempted to join, since I found this story a few days ago and am intently reading it, but I found this story a few days ago and am too intently reading it.
It's so good!

But yeah, I'm tempted. Very tempted.

... Fine. Reserved.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 06:59:55 pm »

...but it's apparently Scion now So i have to whip out a character quickly
Where are you in the story? Caught up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 07:01:18 pm »

For those of you who don't know, this story is well over a million words long. So yeah.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 07:11:19 pm »

I just passed the conclusion of the slaughterhouse 9

The thing panacea did with the cats was unexpected... i suddenly have a new respect for her power...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 07:14:31 pm »

Shame she got so much psychological damage over the arc, she could have been really awesome for everyone if she was willing to use her powers to their full extent.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 09:21:53 pm »

Challenge met.

Name: Kurt
Description: Most frequently appears 12-13, medium height, thin build, fit, tanned.

Personality: Somewhat reckless, physically active, prone to gluttony.
Background: Grew up with little parental attention, so spent most of his time running around, swimming, and exploring. Had several siblings, some he got on well with others not so well.
Trigger Event: Went exploring in a local dump/landfill area/whatever, ignoring warning signs. Younger brother and sister followed him, despite protest from older sister and twin brother who did not follow. All three exposed to lethal radiation from improperly-disposed-of waste. Siblings did not survive.

Suggested Power: At-will reset of physical body to pre-irradiated state.
Aptitudes: +5: Fitness. +3: Running, unarmed combat. +1: jumping, climbing, swimming.
Weaknesses: -3: Interior decorating (kidding, kidding. Driving). -1: Writing, dirst aid/medicine in general.
Quirks: Nightmares of dying siblings. Hates being in authority.

Scenario #
Option 1.
Fictional city, country optional.

Note that the age is because I'm not sure of the timing of the game compared to whenever Powers started showing up in whatever universe we use, I'd prefer him to be a fair bit older.

Shame she got so much psychological damage over the arc, she could have been really awesome for everyone if she was willing to use her powers to their full extent.
Could be worse, though, if I were in her position Hilarity would Ensue extremely rapidly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:24:59 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 09:29:09 pm »

Spoiler: Continuing Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 09:42:35 pm »

Spoiler: theory spoilers (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 09:45:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 02:52:29 am »

filling out the CS now. will probably have it ready before noon today.

Name: Kevin Stringer
Description: A 5’11’’ tall man with short black hair that is jelled into a small fohawk a relatively long face with hazel eyes, a nose with a small round tip and a slight downward arch with a mouth that has a thin upper lip, and a jaw that is only pronounced because of a very particular way he shaves his face to give the illusion. He’s not particularly muscular and you might even say he has some fat on him even if he isn’t overweight.

Personality: very intelligent, pessimistic, and closed off. Can be condescending.

Background:

Kevin had a small metaphorical box. He had his breakfast lunch and dinner at precisely the same time every day and read books whenever he wasn’t working on schoolwork. When he ran out of story books he browsed through old college textbooks. being as young as he was, He usually flipped through until he saw a picture that caught his interest. At which point he would proceed to read a good majority of the information pertaining to that image. It came at a cost of social interaction. He made few friends. he didn’t understand why at the time.
when his eyes were weary of deciphering various  texts he went to bed. He did this everyday while vehemently resisting any temptation or coercion to do anything else. It was a shell of sorts. A safe, well explored, territory. That is until his box started to fall at the age of 11.
His father went missing and 2 years later his older sister confided to him that she was a parahuman at around the same time his mother went insane. His sister had to fight to legally become his guardian due to suspicions of her involvement in the peculiar happenstances of their parents. It was eventually successful and Kevin started to live with his sister. A month later his best friend moved away. 
His sister had a tinker/thinker power that was well suited for artistry. her creations had appearances, holographic light patterns, and caused psychic sounds that changed based on who was observing them. No one had quite the same experience with her work. People who owned these pieces usually had others that envied them. Thus her creations were in high demand.
   Some time later she gave him a device in the rough shape of a handgun. The grip was a smooth transparent crystal. There were complex structures that were etched into the surface that framed non-repetitive fractals within. It had ribbon like glass that extended the butt of the weapon there was a wing-like brace for his had to slip through. The rest changed shape as he tried to move it around in his hand. It was jagged from one view, blocky in another, Took the form of a bird in a third but was generally recognised as the barrel. After messing with some of the thinner extrusion he noted it was surprisingly durable for something that looked so fragile, also a bit too girly for his taste. When asked if it does what he thought it did she responded with a no and was just about to explain it’s functions when she was interrupted by the doorbell. They had called for pizza earlier. It wasn’t the pizza guy and kevin had left the device in the other room.

Trigger Event: He was forced to watch his sister impulsively tear her flesh from her bone at the hands of a master class villain and then once all the flesh had been picked clean had to defend himself against the bones of his sister. He sometimes has nightmares about it.
side note:
The gun shoots a white beam with dancing colored ribbon and sparks extending from the edges. The beam makes a low thrumming sound that resonates with the voice of anyone speaking it’s an odd feeling for the speaker. The beam has no affect on inanimate objects or animals. He has not used it on a human.

Suggested Power: I’ll let you decide what the power is.Makes it more true to the worm series. I expect it to have some similarity with his sister but isn’t really a rule as it is a guideline.

Aptitudes: observation +5 , sleight of hand +3, bluff +3,  first-aid+1, dodge+1, melee +1
Weaknesses: negotiation -3, marksmanship -1 , sneak -1

Quirks: berserk button on master capes with capability of controlling humans.
Slight PTSD-like symptoms.

setting: option 2 at around the same time of the bank heist in cannon. The city should be Los Angeles or something I actually don't care where.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:51:55 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 06:20:46 am »

Spoiler: More Spoilers (click to show/hide)

filling out the CS now. will probably have it ready before noon today.
Excellent. That's another player.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 06:39:12 am »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 07:10:37 am »

Should probably make a thread for worm in gen.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 08:03:14 am »

Should probably make a thread for worm in gen.
Probably.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 137