Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 156247 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game)
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 08:52:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 08:53:29 am »

Spoiler: Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 08:54:22 am »

Spoiler: Spoilers (click to show/hide)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:52 am »

Oh this is a huge mistake! Reserved and reading the story now.. this is going to be so difficult to keep track of everything. :P
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 10:22:42 am »

Don't worry. I expect that I'll be the one keeping track of most of the things in the game.

And if you're talking about Worm, don't worry. Aside from a few character confusions (Nyx vs. Nix, Othalla vs. Othello), it's pretty easy to avoid losing track.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 11:21:25 am »

^Filthy lies.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 11:28:51 am »

Signed up just for this.  I apologize if this is too dark.

Name Elena Hargrove
Description: Well proportioned, apart from her surprisingly large yet feminine hands, and considered to be exceedingly beautiful while clothed.  She always wears a long sleeve shirt, and either pants or a long skirt out in public.  Underneath her clothing, she is a mess of crisscrossing brutal scars, none of which are visible on her face, neck or hands.
Personality: Surprisingly sunny and usually very helpful with regards to other people's, particularly other powered individuals, problems.  Any mistake that she makes, tends to make her mentally unstable, even after extensive therapy.  Quick to trust, unforgiving if betrayed.  Sleeps well at night.
Background/Trigger Event: Elena, like her older half-brother, has incredible talent with music.  She started taking various musical lessons at five years old and quickly grew to love the piano.  At age six, her mother, a twice divorced psychopath, saw her daughter's talent, like her brother's before her, and decided to use her to become wealthy.  By age eight, she would receive a beating until she bled for each missed note and for any unnecessary flourishes she may have added to the music.  At age nine she turned to her nineteen year old brother for lessons and that is where things got really fucked up.  When she was fourteen years old the critics began to do as they always do to a child star, and began to point out her flaws, her music was too formulaic, there was no expression or life in her music.  For this, her mother would beat her so that she wouldn't be able to move for days at a time and her brother would continue to whisper terrible lies in her ear.  During this, "time off" she spent time analyzing and attempting to understand what was wrong with her.  One day this analysis led her to both the correct conclusion and her trigger event. Her mother and brother died the same day.

Suggested Power: A sort of synesthesia based analysis of power and intent, along with a power generated keyboard that, when played, can bolster or hinder one targeted person's biological and certain powers based abilities.
Aptitudes: +5 Performing, +3 Driving, Recovery, +1 Reading, Talking, Sleeping
Weaknesses: -3 Athletics, -1 situational awareness, -1 electronics
Quirks: Power associated synesthesia causes her to see non-powered individuals as exceedingly bland and comes off as aloof towards them.  Intense criticism causes extreme damage to a fragile self esteem.

Scenario #1 or 2
2 set either during the early phases of parahuman introduction, or way after the story as it stands has ended.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:38:04 am by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »

Signed up just for this.
Greetings and hallucinations!

I apologize if this is too dark.
For a Worm-based game? On Bay12?
It's perfectly fine.

Scenario #1 or 2
2 set either during the early phases of parahuman introduction, or way after the story as it stands has ended.
I'd prefer to start this before Worm is over, and we still don't know how the story ends. That is somewhat important, don't you think?
So, it would probably be in the early days.
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 01:17:07 pm »

Name: Kevin Stringer
Description: A 5’11’’ tall man with short black hair that is jelled into a small fohawk a relatively long face with hazel eyes, a nose with a small round tip and a slight downward arch with a mouth that has a thin upper lip, and a jaw that is only pronounced because of a very particular way he shaves his face to give the illusion. He’s not particularly muscular and you might even say he has some fat on him even if he isn’t overweight.

Personality: very intelligent, pessimistic, and closed off. Can be condescending.

Background:

Kevin had a small metaphorical box. He had his breakfast lunch and dinner at precisely the same time every day and read books whenever he wasn’t working on schoolwork. When he ran out of story books he browsed through old college textbooks. being as young as he was, He usually flipped through until he saw a picture that caught his interest. At which point he would proceed to read a good majority of the information pertaining to that image. It came at a cost of social interaction. He made few friends. he didn’t understand why at the time.
when his eyes were weary of deciphering various  texts he went to bed. He did this everyday while vehemently resisting any temptation or coercion to do anything else. It was a shell of sorts. A safe, well explored, territory. That is until his box started to fall at the age of 11.
His father went missing and 2 years later his older sister confided to him that she was a parahuman at around the same time his mother went insane. His sister had to fight to legally become his guardian due to suspicions of her involvement in the peculiar happenstances of their parents. It was eventually successful and Kevin started to live with his sister. A month later his best friend moved away. 
His sister had a tinker/thinker power that was well suited for artistry. her creations had appearances, holographic light patterns, and caused psychic sounds that changed based on who was observing them. No one had quite the same experience with her work. People who owned these pieces usually had others that envied them. Thus her creations were in high demand.
   Some time later she gave him a device in the rough shape of a handgun. The grip was a smooth transparent crystal. There were complex structures that were etched into the surface that framed non-repetitive fractals within. It had ribbon like glass that extended the butt of the weapon there was a wing-like brace for his had to slip through. The rest changed shape as he tried to move it around in his hand. It was jagged from one view, blocky in another, Took the form of a bird in a third but was generally recognised as the barrel. After messing with some of the thinner extrusion he noted it was surprisingly durable for something that looked so fragile, also a bit too girly for his taste. When asked if it does what he thought it did she responded with a no and was just about to explain it’s functions when she was interrupted by the doorbell. They had called for pizza earlier. It wasn’t the pizza guy and kevin had left the device in the other room.

Trigger Event: He was forced to watch his sister impulsively tear her flesh from her bone at the hands of a master class villain and then once all the flesh had been picked clean had to defend himself against the bones of his sister. He sometimes has nightmares about it.
side note:
The gun shoots a white beam with dancing colored ribbon and sparks extending from the edges. The beam makes a low thrumming sound that resonates with the voice of anyone speaking it’s an odd feeling for the speaker. The beam has no affect on inanimate objects or animals. He has not used it on a human.

Suggested Power: I’ll let you decide what the power is.Makes it more true to the worm series. I expect it to have some similarity with his sister but isn’t really a rule as it is a guideline.

Aptitudes: observation +5 , sleight of hand +3, bluff +3,  first-aid+1, dodge+1, melee +1
Weaknesses: negotiation -3, marksmanship -1 , sneak -1

Quirks: berserk button on master capes with capability of controlling humans.
Slight PTSD-like symptoms.

setting: option 2 at around the same time of the bank heist in cannon. The city should be Los Angeles or something I actually don't care where.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 01:30:22 pm »

Still space in this? I might join in.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 01:32:38 pm »

Still space in this? I might join in.
If everyone who reserved posts a sheet I'll be cutting some folks, but yeah, you can still apply. Try to be in the better half of the ones that actually get posted.

Some time later she gave him a device in the rough shape of a handgun. The grip was a smooth transparent crystal. There were complex structures that were etched into the surface that framed non-repetitive fractals within. It had ribbon like glass that extended the butt of the weapon there was a wing-like brace for his had to slip through. The rest changed shape as he tried to move it around in his hand. It was jagged from one view, blocky in another, Took the form of a bird in a third but was generally recognised as the barrel. After messing with some of the thinner extrusion he noted it was surprisingly durable for something that looked so fragile, also a bit too girly for his taste. When asked if it does what he thought it did she responded with a no...
side note:
The gun shoots a white beam with dancing colored ribbon and sparks extending from the edges. The beam makes a low thrumming sound that resonates with the voice of anyone speaking it’s an odd feeling for the speaker. The beam has no affect on inanimate objects or animals. He has not used it on a human.
I don't really get this. What is it, and why do I let you start with such a magical-seeming Tinker device when no one else starts with so much as a free pistol?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:36:31 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 02:23:19 pm »

I had to go somewhere for an hour so I didn't have time to pm you Ill do that now
Edit: sent tell me if you didn't get it. Or if you still don't like my Char and ill fix it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:48:03 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game): Signups ending!
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »

I got it. I suppose I'll allow it.

Anyways, I'll be ending signups in about 4 hours or so, barring objections, so I can select characters. Anyone who has reserved a spot, please submit a sheet soon.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 04:58:13 pm »

I'll give you one in 2 as soon as I get home.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2013, 05:18:05 pm »

((OK sorta Rushing this but should end up ok))

Name: Matthew Oceans
Description: Almost exactly two meters tall, Matthew is not a small man, however he is built wiry. He keeps his dark brown hair long enough to reach his tailbone, and makes a daunting figure when he chooses to, which is rarely

Personality: Curious, Impulsive, Stubborn
Background: Matthew's father was convicted of 20 cases of domestic assault 6 months before he was born, and is still serving his sentence and his mother died from complications in his birth; so it was fortunate that he had a Sister, 15 years his elder, who could look after him.  They had a relatively good life, few luxuries but they also knew that it could get worse.  After school, he wanted to further his education, but they could not afford to pay for it, so he found a job as a busboy in an Italian restaurant and started saving.  He managed to pick up some cooking skills working there, and a year in the Chef saw he had some talent and sponsored him for culinary education. He had just started when he accidentally noticed a trio of men violently raping a woman, and it was against his nature to ignore such things.  Matthew was dialing for the police on his mobile, when the gangbangers decided he needed to be taught a lesson.
Trigger Event: Was held under water after being witness to a violent crime

Suggested Power: Eh I think I will let he fates decide this one (although I am not sure whether the trigger would be physical or environmental)
Aptitudes:+5 Evasion +3 Cooking +3 Grappling +1 Intimidate +1 Diplomacy +1 Listen
Weaknesses: -3 Shooting -1 Lying -1 Stealth
Quirks: Can't leave well enough alone, gets depressed when people talk about their parents

Scenario # Other universe
(Not America, it's always in America)

((aaaand done, hope it's ok))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:38:17 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 137