Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 156241 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #345 on: October 10, 2013, 12:03:08 pm »

"Hello, Sarah. Come to these kitchens often?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 10, 2013, 12:06:40 pm »

"N-not th-th-this one... no..." Selina was trying not to seem rude, but also didn't want to fully make eye-contact.

((Just incase someone doesn't know what a soup kitchen is, its basically a place where homeless people can come to get a meal or two for free. They usually run during holidays, but its easier to RP something like this when I don't really have a lot of locations I can try to describe.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 10, 2013, 12:10:30 pm »

"Hm...so, if you don't mind me asking, what changed?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 10, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »

"I... I w-w-wander... h-haven't b-b-been to... th-this part of town... i-i-i-in awhile..." Selina seemed nervous, she always tried not to talk too much to people, but she was still a nice person... she had to be... right...?
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 10, 2013, 12:56:01 pm »

((Not sure about GWG's GMing methods regarding pregenerated NPCs. So I don't know if this is okay, putting events in motion and all that.))

Elena, foregoing her mask until she was actually on patrol, was boooooored.  Apart from Silver, whose daily routine apparently involved copious amounts of time in the Wards bathroom, she was alone in the HQ.  Not that she minded Silver leaving her alone, his presence reminded her of things that she would rather forget and made her think of her future.  Particularly the future once she was off probation and out on her own.  She wouldn't be joining the Protectorate, that was for sure.  As nice as the Wards had been to her, the rest of the Protectorate tended to keep her at arms length, apparently human related Masters were a public relations nightmare. 

As Elena mused on this for what felt like the hundredth time, the door to the common area slammed shut and Bullhit entered the room three hours before his patrol was supposed to end.  The reason why was obvious, his already brown suit was covered in what she hoped was dirt and he smelled like his namesake.  "Bullhit, what..." she gagged as a draft pushed his odor her way, "what happened?"
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 10, 2013, 01:42:35 pm »

"I... I w-w-wander... h-haven't b-b-been to... th-this part of town... i-i-i-in awhile..." Selina seemed nervous, she always tried not to talk too much to people, but she was still a nice person... she had to be... right...?
"Ah...well, before I keep asking questions, anything you'd like to know about me?"

((Not sure about GWG's GMing methods regarding pregenerated NPCs. So I don't know if this is okay, putting events in motion and all that.))
((I don't have lots of ideas for this first bit. Let's see what you did.))

Elena, foregoing her mask until she was actually on patrol, was boooooored.  Apart from Silver, whose daily routine apparently involved copious amounts of time in the Wards bathroom, she was alone in the HQ.  Not that she minded Silver leaving her alone, his presence reminded her of things that she would rather forget and made her think of her future.  Particularly the future once she was off probation and out on her own.  She wouldn't be joining the Protectorate, that was for sure.  As nice as the Wards had been to her, the rest of the Protectorate tended to keep her at arms length, apparently human related Masters were a public relations nightmare. 

As Elena mused on this for what felt like the hundredth time, the door to the common area slammed shut and Bullhit entered the room three hours before his patrol was supposed to end.  The reason why was obvious, his already brown suit was covered in what she hoped was dirt and he smelled like his namesake.  "Bullhit, what..." she gagged as a draft pushed his odor her way, "what happened?"
((Sliver, not Silver. Named after these, although that is mainly a testament to Sliver's nerdiness.
And let's say a bit over one hour early. Patrols from 1:00 to 4:00, or from 9:30 to 1:30 seem to make better sense than any patrols ending around 3:00 and some starting around 1:00.))
He grunts a bit, removing the helmet.
"Nothing much. Those bone guys were making trouble at the country club, and I was closer than the Protectorate. Piasa and Phantasm showed up, though, and they sent me off. I'm fine, thanks for asking, but I think I might have strained or broken something."
Bullhit sits down. "Can't complain too much, though. I get lunch an hour early...weirdest thing, though. Any Shakers with the Bones?"
((I haven't really finished the villains, but no they don't.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 10, 2013, 02:33:44 pm »

"Um... wh-why are y-y-you being s-s-so friendly...? M-most p-p-people... d-d-don't talk to me... i-i-in a nice... m-manner...?" Selina is a little worried right now.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 10, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »

"Can't imagine why. You seem like a nice enough girl."
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 10, 2013, 07:42:34 pm »

"*sigh* S-s-sorry... I... I'm u-u-used to the c-cold shoulder... a-a-a-at these pl-places..." Selina gives a tiny smile for half a second, maybe things were starting to look up.

"Um... m-m-may I a-ask your name...? y-y-you never t-told me..."
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 10, 2013, 08:03:24 pm »

"Sorry, where are my manners? My name's Andrea. Yours?"

-snip-

Ignoring the sudden influx of office workers rushing to get their fix, Tabitha continued onward to sub level five, handing Hannah the spare cup as she fell back in line. Perhaps the combat super-stimulants she had been brewing were ready for demonstration.
((Are you intending to try starting a demonstration?))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 10, 2013, 08:05:18 pm »

"Se... Sarah... I... I t-t-told you already..." Selina is a little bit suspicious now. How had this person forgotten so quickly?
[/quote]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »

Ignoring the sudden influx of office workers rushing to get their fix, Tabitha continued onward to sub level five, handing Hannah the spare cup as she fell back in line. Perhaps the combat super-stimulants she had been brewing were ready for demonstration.

((Yyyyes? I'm just throwing stuff at the wall, kinda. I'm sort of treating this like a tabletop game and you're the GM. Describe what I have and give me a quest dammit, I can't sandbox.))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:15:47 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2013, 08:51:23 pm »

"Se... Sarah... I... I t-t-told you already..." Selina is a little bit suspicious now. How had this person forgotten so quickly?
((...I really need to work on this sleep problem.))
"Sorry, sorry, force of habit."

((Yyyyes? I'm just throwing stuff at the wall, kinda. I'm sort of treating this like a tabletop game and you're the GM. Describe what I have and give me a quest dammit, I can't sandbox.))
((Ah. Well, I'll do my best...although you didn't choose a prime position for adventure. And, um...yeah, I'm not in a good GMing headspace right now. I'm in a much better "napping" headspace, actually.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »

"I-its okay..." Selina isn't sure what to talk about now, and she'd almost slipped up! That could be very bad...
[/quote]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2013, 08:54:20 pm »

You're the one that gave me medical stuffs. Any other power and I would have been out there kicking ass from day one in a vengence fueled blood rage.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 137