Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McAptitude: a Google Docs spreadsheet for analyzing dwarven potential.  (Read 3692 times)

tejón

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been fiddling with this for the better part of a year now. My intent has always been to share, but I keep putting it off because I want to toss on just a bit more polish. Well, today I did that. Here you go!

The shared link is read-only; to use it, go to File -> Make a copy. That will duplicate to your own Google Drive.

Personally, I keep a clean copy with 7 tabs (named simply 1..7) and make copies of that for each embark, renaming the file to match my fortress, and the sheets to match my dwarves. On each migrant wave I add new tabs for the incoming dwarves, and every few waves I'll check for skill improvements among the old citizens. (Why yes, I do think I might be obsessing too much over the details.)

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't Dwarf Therapist do all this internally and automatically...?
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

yeah, what gives, everyone gives 0?  Is this a template?  Am I supposed to load into this manually?  Or should I use dfhack and xml export import into this?

Or... just use Dwarf Therapist which already (although maybe not perfectly) does this?

tejón

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf Therapist came up in discussion on reddit... bottom line, I'm not touching it until the vampire name reveal issue is fixed.

Thistleknot, after making a copy you can select attribute descriptions from the drop-downs on the right.