Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Dino Arena - Round 2 Turn 19 - Denoument  (Read 41474 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Dino Arena - A Roll To Raptor Game (6/6) - Waitlist Open
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 11:15:16 am »

((FYI, really throwing us at the deep end XD))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 11:16:22 am »

((is the jaws/legs attack a +2 on top of its attack stat +2?))

((Nope, sorry that unclear. I'm gonna go tweak the listing, I think I know how to state it more clearly.

You'll probably never see anything with a +4 basic attack, that's a 91% hit rate. The intent is that it's base attack, which by preference is biting or kicking is +2. The Special Attacks section is intended to list variations of that. Modifiers listed there are absolute, not cumulative with it's base stat bonuses.))
((thought so, just making sure. Can environmental effects like tripping over logs deal damage to large creatures?))

((oh and guys, were missing 2 bits of possibly crucial information on this enemy, if anyone left has cunning id suggest helping me "remember" them.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:29:40 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 01:04:42 pm »

((We are the least-organized pack of raptors ever.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 02:55:59 pm »

RunehideTooth

Attack: 1
Defense: -1
Senses: -1
Cunning: 1
Stealth: 1

Too much time hiding and not enough time seeing and defending.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:21:01 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 03:37:00 pm »

((We are the least-organized pack of raptors ever.))
((Maybe it'll all work out due to rule of funny. Now, when we ACTUALLY start working together THEN it is the time to be scared!))

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 03:56:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Squidgen mcRaptor, reporting to the least organized group of raptors ever!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 04:17:47 pm »

Squidgen you're on the waitlist.

RunehideTooth

Attack: 0
Defense: -1
Senses: -1
Cunning: 1
Stealth: 1

Too much time hiding and not enough time seeing and defending.

Coolrune, your on it too. It looks like you were going for character build option 2, in which case you can also have a +1 Attack. That option gives three pluses and 2 minuses.

((thought so, just making sure. Can environmental effects like tripping over logs deal damage to large creatures?))

((oh and guys, were missing 2 bits of possibly crucial information on this enemy, if anyone left has cunning id suggest helping me "remember" them.))

Yes that's a reasonable assumption. But the RNG Gods chose to hide the details from you. Apparently none of your characters has ever seen an Acrocanthosaurus fall down before so you don't know how serious an injury it would be. That tidbit will only be revealed if you can make it happen.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 05:20:55 pm »

((It didn't go beyond my notice that the RNG Gods have reminded me they hate me with that roll of 2 for info :P. Does not bode well for moi.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 07:00:38 pm »

((It didn't go beyond my notice that the RNG Gods have reminded me they hate me with that roll of 2 for info :P. Does not bode well for moi.))

[[Consider it an excellent role playing opportunity. You may now role play the mindless killing machine that we all wish to be. You my friend have been granted a gift by the RNG Gods. They have seen fit to unleash your primal urges. Rend, kill, and maim to your hearts content. Squander not this greatest of gifts.]]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 08:26:10 pm »

((I... REALLY want to sig that... but that'd make 3 sigs in a row that had me in it... I certainly don't want to come across as some self-loving... weirdo...
So, I'll just state to me, that was sig-worthy. It just... epitomises Bay12 mindset, I feel :P.
In other news, whilst that MAY be a good thing, I was more concerned that the roll was indicative of what was to come: Ergo, a bloody, horrible, meaningless death, once an important roll or 3 comes up. But hey, who knows! :P))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 10:32:27 pm »

While the others distract it, try to get behind it without being spotted/targeted.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 02:00:04 am »

Sneak away from the pack so when it attack, I can run up the tail and start biting the head
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 12:04:45 am »

Sneak away from the pack so when it attack, I can run up the tail and start biting the head
i predict this ending hilariously.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 01:56:07 am »

i predict this ending hilariously.
Not as much as my secret plan.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Dino Arena - A Roll To Raptor Game (6/6) - Turn 1
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 08:28:48 am »

Ironhide glances around.
"Watch it! There's a Big-Tooth!"

Look around the arena and determine two things:
1. Is there a ceiling?
2. Are there trees around which could be climbed fairly easily?

If 2 is Yes, climb up a nearby tree, out of the Big-Tooth's reach. If not, try to find some place to get out of its line-of-sight.

(Initiative 5+1, High for this combat, you'll act before Bigtooth)

Whatever is above is a little puzzling, it might be a roof, it might be a sky. If it's a roof it seems to be a long way away.

(Luck 2) There is not a nearby tree that seems big enough to climb right where you are. (Sense 3) And a rapid glance around doesn't reveal any better ones within one move.

But there are smaller things that can block line of sight. (Stealth 5) You move off a little way's and crouch behind some ferns. You think it lost track of you for now.

Bigtooth moves to Medium range.

"i changed my mind, can i go back in the water cave?"

Taking care not to attract the large predators attention prematurely Pariah follows Dwarmin a steady pace and tries to keep himself in the edge of the big-tooth's vision ready to distract it by hollering at the top of his lungs and flaring his feathers aggressively should it gain too much ground on his pack mate.

move to maintain a far distance from the Acrocanthosaurus and medium from Dwarmin, do not exert myself unless im forced to manipulate the creature.

if it gets too close to Dwarmin, manipulate creature: Trick the Acrocanthosaurus into charging at me (as in flavor text above) and try to lure it past McDreich if he is unnoticed.
otherwise, try to discern or remember any other details about this creature or its attack patterns.

((is the jaws/legs attack a +2 on top of its attack stat +2?))

(Your Initiative is for this combat is 5+1, High.)

You start moving to maintain distance from the Acro...man that's a long name...from the Bigtooth but not too far from Dwarmin. ((Minor action)) And watch for a few seconds to see what it does. Dwarmin and the others are still together in a little group and it's running straight for them.

You scream loudly trying to get it to look in your direction (Cunning 1+1 vs 2) but it doesn't seem to notice. Instead it snaps at Mastahcheese.

Bigtooth is at Far range.

(Initiative 4+1, High, for this combat)

You move away from the pack (Stealth 2+1) You're not quite sure you did it unseen, but at least you're now off to the side. After it runs up and snaps at Mastahcheese you run behind it and try to scamper up it's tail as it swings by. (Cunning 2+1 vs 6+2) You misjudge though and the tip of the tail hits you painfully as the creature pivots, doing 10 damage.

You are Close to the Bigtooth.

Quote from: Bigtooth
So Hungry! Say Hello to TINY MEALS.

(Standard NPC Initiative, locked between High and Low)

Thump Thump Thump

You move to Medium Range with most of the little guys. Where there more a minute ago? (Cunning 1-1) You guess not.

You charge trying to bite the closest meal, which is arbitrarily...Mastahcheese
(Bite 3+2vs5. Luck 3) Your jaws snap shut just a little off target.

Close:
Mastahcheese
Scrapheap

Medium:
Dwarmin
Maxinum

Far:
GreatWyrmGold
UnholyPariah

Toehook does a battle squall.

"Yyyyark! Lemme at em! Bet you can't catch me, you...big...mouth...full of teeth!"

Action: Run around, and goad the big tooth to chase me around a bit so he gets a big winded. I'm much faster then he is!

(Initiative 4-1. Low. You will act after the Bigtooth for this combat)

The bigtooth runs up to it's striking (Medium) distance and tries to kill Mastah.

(Cunning 6-1vs3-1) You shriek loudly and snap at it. The Bigtooth reorients itself to attack you next turn. You scuttle away regaining Far distance.

''Why am I the one thinking of ambush?''

Hide: Staying close to Dwarmin and Pariah, hide behind a log or high shrubbery.

If hiding succeeded, but big dino is in medium range: remain hidden.
If hiding succeeded and big dino gets into close range: Ambush the belly and grab it.

((Mmm, belly nice and soft... ish. I dread the idea of facing an anklosaurus.))

(Snipped non-relevant sections of decision tree.)

(Initiative 3, Low. You Will act after the bigtooth in this combat.)

The Bigtooth dashes up to your group. It attack someone else and you dive off into some nearby shrubbery. (Stealth 4-1) (Luck 3) It doesn't come quite close enough to your hiding place. So you hunker down and wait.

Bigtooth is at Medium range

While the others distract it, try to get behind it without being spotted/targeted.

(Initiative 1+2. Low)

It charges up and tries to bite you, but after it misses it turns away for some reason. You move behind and try to stay out of sight. (Stealth 5-1) You are Hidden, currently at Close range, though it might move before your next action.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:03:49 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23