Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vanja Zorion Rutten  (Read 4346 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanja Zorion Rutten
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 11:34:40 am »

Fall off the cliff.
Climb down the cliff.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »

Our goal is obviously to light the torch - walk off the cliff backwards, then strike the torch against the wall while falling - that should light it!
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 03:25:23 pm »

That wouldn't light it at all, because wood and pitch doesn't make sparks when struck. Its not a strike-anywhere match, we already tried that.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 04:30:48 pm »

>Climb down the cliff.

You turn around and begin to edge your way down the cliff. Finding stable footholds is tough in the inky blackness but you are strong and agile enough to feel your way down. Glancing backwards over your shoulder you get a better look at the scene unfolding below you. A great, roaring fire is burning in an island of darkness, unnaturally so. The light isn't hitting the walls, simply surrounding the flames and only bathing the ten feet or so around it in light. Listening closely, you can make out a sound, almost like whispering, coming from the people surrounding the flame. You listen intently, trying your hardest to make out what they are saying when your foot slips and the wall falls away from you.

Your descent feels as though it takes much longer than it actually does, and you have time to contemplate what, exactly, is happening.

>Strike the torch against the wall while falling

You come to the conclusion that you have slipped and fallen. This seems a good opportunity to light your torch by striking it against the wall, so your reach around for your backpack. Unfortunately, being mid-air, reaching around your back is more difficult that you expected and you merely flip mid air and land with a loud crunch on the floor. You let out a cry of pain and feel a liquid seeping from your back. You scramble to get up as fast as you can manage and find that, while you can stand, it takes much effort. Glancing up reveals a hooded man standing near you, holding a knife. He hands it to you and says,

"Kill yourself."

After you take the knife from him he turns his back on you and begins to walk back to the fire.

What?

>
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 04:35:19 pm »

not what. What is not the ultimate question.  - "Why?"
also: hold the blade in a proficient way - one hand on the hilt, the thumb ready to give an aditional push to the side of the hilt. the other hand, the thumb and fingers on the non sharp sides of the blade, giving you opportunity to strike faster by tensing your muscles and striking by just releasing the grip on the edged side.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:52:30 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 05:01:34 pm »

Crawl towards the fire.

Light torch.

Crawl away from fire.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 08:11:03 pm »

Crawl towards the fire.

Light torch.

Crawl away from fire.
+1
Don't kill self.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 11:27:00 am »

>Don't kill self

Upon careful deliberation, you come to the conclusion it might be best not to kill yourself. In fact, you are quite proud of this conclusion and think you deserve some recognition for it. Perhaps they will erect a statue of you in the village.

>Hold the blade in a proficient way - one hand on the hilt, the thumb ready to give an additional push to the side of the hilt. the other hand, the thumb and fingers on the non sharp sides of the blade, giving you opportunity to strike faster by tensing your muscles and striking by just releasing the grip on the edged side.

You try your best to follow the instructions, but gripping the blade like this feels unnatural to you. Still, you hope that it will work when you have to use it.

>Crawl towards fire

You allow your legs to give out from under you and begin to drag yourself towards the fire. The hooded man walks slowly back to the circle and fits in with the rest of the figures. Hoping that perhaps they will ignore you, you crawl between two of them and towards the fire. Upon breaking the circle the whispering abruptly stops, all eyes fixed on you. The closer you get to the fire the greater the heat it becomes, and by the time you're at torch lighting distance it is almost unbearable.

>Light torch.

You pull a torch out of your rucksack and hold it to the fire, allowing it to burst into flames. Having successfully lit your torch, you feel as though you have achieved something great. Your story could be over here, but you continue on anyway.

>Crawl away from fire.

You promptly turn around and crawl back away from the fire, towards the circle of hooded people that are now staring at you and whispering in hushed tones to each other. When you try to crawl past them, they step in front of you and block your path.

"I said, kill yourself"

>
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 12:45:40 pm »

Stand up and hit them with the flaming torch until they move out the way.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 04:03:36 pm »

Stand up and hit them with the flaming torch until they move out the way.
+1
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 04:15:08 pm »

name the guy who spoke to us "Yourself" and kill him.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2013, 06:01:53 am »

>Name the guy who spoke to us "Yourself" and kill him.

You name the man in front of you 'Yourself' and decide that you will kill him. Oh how clever you are, what a delightful pretext for murdering another human being.

>Stand up and hit them with the flaming torch until they move out the way.

You quickly move to your feet, feeling the pain in your back intensify under the extra weight you are putting on it. A lunge forwards with the torch plants it firmly in Yourself's stomach, a pang of shock streaking across his face. His robes catch fire and you manage to pull your torch back out before the man is engulfed in flames. He screams out in anguish and charges at you, his hands grasping for your clothes. With a graceful sidestep you dodge his grab and he lands face down on the floor, writhing and rolling as if he were trying to escape the flames surrounding him.

Looking back up and around you it is evident that most of the others are simply standing there in shock, while one or two have blades out.

I can't believe I just did that.

>
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2013, 06:48:31 am »

Feel guilty and kill yourself
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2013, 06:54:43 am »

Run away
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2013, 08:29:08 am »

Feel guilty and kill yourself

Leg it while they're still in shock.
Pages: 1 [2] 3