Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vanja Zorion Rutten  (Read 4352 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Vanja Zorion Rutten
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:39:57 pm »

In the early days of your world, there were people. Some speculate that there were things before that, but there was no one around at that time to see so most people just shrug it off and continue with their work. People like to work, it's what keeps you sane. A man who doesn't work to keep himself occupied can easily be led astray and end up committing heinous crimes. That would be bad, people don't want that.

And despite all that, here you stand. Vanja Zorion Rutten, a humble farmhand quite clearly not working and about to enter a dark cave. Oh boy, you sure hope you brought torches!

>
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Vanja Zorion Rutten
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 05:09:16 pm »

>Examine Inventory and Stats
I need to put something interesting here.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 05:27:20 pm »

>Examine inventory...

You look down at what you have with you. You are holding a pitchfork in one hand and the other is free. On your back you are carrying a backpack with some food, an empty wine skin and two torches, conveniently. Boy would it suck if you didn't have any torches

>...and stats

Stats? What are stats? This isn't some game!

Regardless you look back up and into the darkness of the cave.

What do you want me to do now?

>
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

Go into the cave until its dingy, but you can still see. Light a torch and hold in spare hand, pitchfork in the other. Enter further into cave.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 05:49:50 pm »

Go into the cave until its dingy, but you can still see. Light a torch and hold in spare hand, pitchfork in the other. Enter further into cave.

Good as anything else, I guess. +1
I need to put something interesting here.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 09:48:19 pm »

Er, we did bring something to light the torch with, right?
Right?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:48:07 am »

>Go into the cave until its dingy, but you can still see. Light a torch and hold in spare hand, pitchfork in the other. Enter further into cave.

You carefully edge your way into the cave, watching the cold stone walls close in around you when the passage narrows. When you notice that going any further in would render you blind you pull a torch out of your rucksack. After staring intently at it for a good few moments you realize that you, in fact, did not bring anything to set it alight. Oh well, I'm sure you had a good reason for coming here without anything to light the torch.

So here you are, in a narrow passageway that is nearly pitch black with no light source.

>
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 12:02:38 pm »

Look for A rather dark rock in the walls, then struck the wall where the rock is with the torch
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 12:31:11 pm »

Look for A rather dark rock in the walls, then struck the wall where the rock is with the torch something metallic. Try to use the resulting sparks to light the torch.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »

Oh shiii, GreatWyrmGold has agreed with me, happiest day of my life.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 12:56:18 pm »

>Look for A rather dark rock in the walls, then struck the wall where the rock is with the torch something metallic. Try to use the resulting sparks to light the torch.

You take your torch out of your rucksack once more and begin battering the walls with it. After coming to the conclusion that that won't work you try striking your pitchfork against the wall. Unfortunately, no sparks form and you are simply left with a slightly bent pitchfork. The great clanging noise you made couldn't have been good either, as you hear footsteps from behind the rocks.

>
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 12:57:30 pm »

Go deeper

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 02:36:06 pm »

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 10:02:14 am »

>Go deeper

Worried by the sound of the footsteps, you continue deeper into the cavern. After a minute of carefully traversing the narrowing tunnel the light is completely gone and you can't even tell which way is which. You stumble over small rocks, ropy plant-like things and potholes in the floor before you feel an odd tingling at the top of your spine, slowly descending. Realising that there is a creature of some sort in contact with you, you lose your composure and bolt. You scramble faster than you could have imagined through the tight passageways, trying to escape from this horrendous creature attempting to sit comfortably on your back. Before you're quite sure what's happening, you realise the tunnel has opened up and you are teetering precariously on the edge of a cliff of some sort. Peering down into the thick darkness ahead of you you spot a great fire burning down below, surrounded by people wearing red cloaks.

>
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:35 am »

Fall off the cliff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3