Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game  (Read 9409 times)

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2013, 07:07:38 am »

Well, I'm officially confused... ::) :P

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2013, 02:27:58 am »

didn't I use my turn?

You did XD, okay, everyone but Felix sparks post a turn. pensword is the one person I know for sure we've lost, and i'm officially auctioning off characters.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2013, 04:25:20 am »

I'm offering some epic music
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2013, 06:28:10 am »

I'll split up from Thomsen, going West one tile - and I'll search that one. I'll go North one and then East one, provided that that's possible. I'm a little confused now as well.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2013, 05:25:25 am »

If it isn't already clear, this is probably ending for the time being. I just felt like I owed it to you guys to give a proper explanation.

This is the first multiplayer game i've ever run and I guess I needed the experience of being in charge of one falling apart to properly understand the challenges inherent in such a game. I let myself be too easily discouraged by difficulties, which sapped some of my enthusiasm. It was also a pretty budding idea, and intended to be a board game rather than a forum game, and not all of the mechanics translated over very well.
If I do do this again, I might just hand-draw a map and scan it, and it would probably be a lot easier for me to roll all of the tiles ahead of time. As it was the difficulties of using another host for a map just made the game difficult to understand and visualize when it didn't always work.

I might take this up again, but if so I need to put more effort into creating a workable forum version, rather than just tossing the rules for my boardgame onto a forum and hoping it works out. For now i'm going to focus on Prince though, it's just more rewarding for me, and I have a much better grasp on it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]