Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 159836 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!
« Reply #735 on: November 22, 2013, 07:51:06 pm »

I don't think I want to play mafia ever again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 22, 2013, 07:54:26 pm »

DX

Sorry!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 1 Wakes the Sleepers
« Reply #737 on: November 22, 2013, 08:26:51 pm »

I'm still slowly reading through the Scumchat (and very glad I get to read it, I want to read it very much).  I've reached the part where Caz is sees the bus coming and you guys are talking about how to get him out of the street without getting anyone else caught.

So if it looks like I'm ignoring stuff that's been said in Scumchat, that's just cause I haven't 'caught up' yet.

I wonder where you got your name..seeing the date of creation. It's rather fascinating speculating on it...I'm always thinking mischievous little cute imp
...May I know Imp? :))

Spoiler: Why are you Imp, Imp? (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 22, 2013, 08:28:14 pm »

notquitethere, I am desperately sorry for my part in that.  I hope your feelings about that change.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 22, 2013, 08:35:02 pm »

Tiruin why did you just claim sexton?
Whhhhyyyyyy? What are you doing? I don't even...

EDIT:
Tiruin why did you just claim cultist?!?!?
Ok look I have to ping on that. No choice.

Max, them be your words, you Scum.  Linx me the post that made you say that in your Scary-chat?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 22, 2013, 08:38:06 pm »

It was as a reply to a hypothetical you presented reguarding scum sextons, somewhere lost to the many pages of the game. Tiruin explained that and I never pressed it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 22, 2013, 08:39:11 pm »

NQT, these be Toaster's words about you in the ScaryChat:

Also, NQT's analysis post in reply #406 lists the entire original scum team in the lower-vote count category. For some reason he hits on Imp instead of Tiruin, though- but if Imp turns up third party, NQT deserves a medal.

yeah, you do deserve a medal.  And I deserve some metal, beating me about the head.

From Tiruin: 
...NQT, you don't know how much I'd like to hug you and tell you you're right. You're right for the right reasons, and on the wrong team.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:43:51 pm by Imp »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 22, 2013, 08:44:42 pm »

NQT Was pretty awesome, truly. It's just that we blew up a minor case when none presented themselves at the time. :)

...Nice going Max :D

And I detailed that note on cult somewhere in the scumchat. It was not a Freudian slip or something.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 22, 2013, 08:48:30 pm »

Oh h-
I just noticed Imp did the scumteam..and can't make it out!

Tiruin. Shame on you.

Explain to me, given the results of Survivor, from cup bread cloth... and Converter, from leaf wind rain

wtf.  Explain how you read -Scum- from that.  Explain to me, oh goddess, how -you- would have gotten those results and made it out to mean Scum.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 22, 2013, 08:54:21 pm »

Oh h-
I just noticed Imp did the scumteam..and can't make it out!

Tiruin. Shame on you.

Explain to me, given the results of Survivor, from cup bread cloth... and Converter, from leaf wind rain

wtf.  Explain how you read -Scum- from that.  Explain to me, oh goddess, how -you- would have gotten those results and made it out to mean Scum.
Nononononooo I mean that's what I was..well...I...

I'm an evil person and didn't mean that literally or mockingly! I mean..I..I didn't fully understand the Fortune Teller at that time so it was partly an act out of (shameful) ignorance! D:

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 22, 2013, 09:00:19 pm »

Actually there is one other thing that this game has shown. At this point monster hunters are pretty much confirmed town, because we all know the flavor and they aren't going to be scum, so another type of role that has similar flavor text for their kills would at least make the town have to work for it.

Perhaps a third party Anti-Mage, whos wincon is to kill a player with a specific role (Such as killing the town mystic to win) and uses the same weaponry as Hunters?

The other thing to consider is the possibility of a townie role with the same kill flavor as the ghoul. Maybe a kennel master who can have their dogs protect somebody for the night, and anybody who visits them gets followed home by said dogs then mauled in a similar fashion to the ghoul.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:51 pm »

Factional kill or one-shot conversion. We totally couldn't do both in the same night, if it is any consolation, and it isn't really.

Wait.  I've reread the role PMs again.

Your group shared a night kill.  You chose to have Tiruin do it, but any of you could have.

Tiruin had a one shot.

Why do you say that when she used her one shot no member of your team could have killed?

Quotes please, bold stuff please, I'm feeling really dumb or something because I don't see this restriction at all.  And you guys never talk about it so clearly it was obvious to all of you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 22, 2013, 09:05:54 pm »

Once during the game you may choose to attempt to convert the target rather than sacrifice them.

A kill and convert in a single night would have been ungodly...

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 22, 2013, 09:06:20 pm »

Actually there is one other thing that this game has shown. At this point monster hunters are pretty much confirmed town, because we all know the flavor and they aren't going to be scum, so another type of role that has similar flavor text for their kills would at least make the town have to work for it.

Perhaps a third party Anti-Mage, whos wincon is to kill a player with a specific role (Such as killing the town mystic to win) and uses the same weaponry as Hunters?

...  Looking at this, I... have trouble thinking that it needs new specifically anti-Town roles added to improve the balance.

That same suggestion, with someone with a one shot kill, who wins or loses based on killing any member of the Scum team - now that might be a type of third party whose addition moves towards balance.

Looking at what you suggested, Max, that's 'just another anti-Town role'.  While the game may genuinely have a 'need' for monster hunter kills to be confusable (huh?  Why do we need that?) I'm feeling a bit pressed right now at the idea of suggestions that simultaneously make it harder for Town to win (investigators make it harder for Scum...  so a third party role who's only goal is to kill Town investigator is.... a good suggestion?)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 22, 2013, 09:07:32 pm »

Once during the game you may choose to attempt to convert the target rather than sacrifice them.

A kill and convert in a single night would have been ungodly...

Reread your role PM.  There is -nothing- in that to explain that you could not do so.  Now, -Tiruin- could not use her one shot and do the kill.  Nor could Caz.  As a Knight, Max - there was nothing but you stopping you in what I read there.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 56