Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 159833 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!
« Reply #750 on: November 22, 2013, 09:09:47 pm »

Once during the game you may choose to attempt to convert the target rather than sacrifice them.

A kill and convert in a single night would have been ungodly...
I really think it was listed as a (Mafiakill) action, on my convert.

Wait, I'll edit it in, checking back.

Here it is, + my PMs.

Spoiler: In Order (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:12:37 pm by Tiruin »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 22, 2013, 09:10:15 pm »

Tiruin
Alright, back to panic case. Imp is certainly our wallflower (if I get the metaphor right, it means weak link), and is our downfall is she inspects me. Otherwise, I can easily claim Wizard/Illusionist/Thief in order of preferability in order to explain our (the) lack of kill N1.

Newp.  Wallflowers are shy people who hang on the sidelines and don't dance at dances, don't speak in conversations, and don't do anything interesting (but may or may not wish they were brave enough to).

Basically, real-life lurkers at social events.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 22, 2013, 09:14:38 pm »

Huh, I recall thinking about the wallflower (..or context-clues?) that it weakens the integrity of the wall and if anything happens to it, then the whole thing is compromised.

...The more you know :D
I think that's me..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 4 brings dark news
« Reply #753 on: November 22, 2013, 09:15:35 pm »

spoiler=Role PMs]
-----------------------
------- Cult ----------

Culture shifts over time. Views change, customs shift. Even religion becomes twisted from its original form. So it was with the religion of this land. A younger god rose to prominence, and the elder fell into disgrace. His name besmirched, his rites no longer practised. For far too long has this being tolerated such disrespect. But no longer. The three of you can feel his power, his anger. It is up to you to set things right.

And to do that, you must shed blood. Each night you must attempt to capture and sacrifice one of the townsfolk that stand against you. When the power of this new order is shattered, then shall the old arise again. And you shall reap the benefits of being his true followers.

Tiruin - You are a Charismatic Cultist, and the one who drew the others into your confidence. You who dusted off the ancient tomes, and spoke the forgotten truths of your faith. Once during the game you may choose to attempt to convert the target rather than sacrifice them. Note that you must be the one to approach them for this to work. With the ancient power behind you, there are few who could possibly resist such an offer.

Caz - You are a Priest whose eyes have been opened to the perversion of your faith over the years. It is just and right that this ancient being be brought once again to the forefront of the pantheon. By virtue of these ancient powers, you may attempt to resurrect a dead player once during this game. There is no guarantee that it will work, but if it does you could gain a new ally. One properly loyal to your cause.

Max White - You are a Knight. Long fed up with the weakness you see in society, you've longed for a way to return your people to their former strength. You see this return of the old god as the perfect way to regain your old strength, and with it perhaps new glory. You are strong and well-trained in combat. You cannot be night-killed by any normal foe.

In addition, the three of you have a secret form of communication that allows you to speak in safety away from the prying eyes and ears of others.

In the initial post that describes your night kill, the use of you there is plural.  It doesn't single out Tiruin or any of you.  On the very night that Tiruin converted someone, that Caz ressed someone (or tried), Max could have done that factional kill, yes.

This is probably balanced by the 'surely they'll be greedy' factor - I suspect (whatever that's worth) that Caz would have summoned 'the missing piece', some previously unseen (Meph's promises about no new roles was about -starting- roles) role which had -everything it took- to wipe out the Scum team, singlehandedly in case that was needed.

*Level gaze at Meph*  Right.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 22, 2013, 09:17:40 pm »

Hrm.  Feels like the right time to share a song - this is what Mafia games are to me.  I rather thought... before and slightly after this game ended, that I was wrong, and only -some- Mafia games felt like this.  But nope, this is Mafia to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKQOm_iJug

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 22, 2013, 09:22:09 pm »

Looking at what you suggested, Max, that's 'just another anti-Town role'.  While the game may genuinely have a 'need' for monster hunter kills to be confusable (huh?  Why do we need that?) I'm feeling a bit pressed right now at the idea of suggestions that simultaneously make it harder for Town to win (investigators make it harder for Scum...  so a third party role who's only goal is to kill Town investigator is.... a good suggestion?)
While in this game the town was out gunned, that isn't true of all games, especially when in the future Monster Hunters will be assured town. A Hunter flavored kill shows up, you claim, and bam you are confirmed town. Nobody else really gets that sort of privilege, inspects can be fake claimed and priests can be either role and so on. There is normally that little bit of doubt, just to keep it sporting. You can't fake claim a kill, it shows up in the morning.

Another role that might be useful for town, though, might be a Squire, who can choose to protect somebody that night with their own life. So less powerful than a wizard, but still useful if Meph wants to give the town a little more defensive measures without anything too powerful.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 22, 2013, 09:25:20 pm »

I don't think I want to play mafia ever again.
If it's any compliment you played a pretty good town game.  If there wasn't that suspicion about your position in Night 1 I had you pegged as town.

I can remember at one point claiming Toaster and Tiruin were definitely scum, but I never ended up staying with that...I thought at least one of them was bussing, who would have thought it was both.

Mafia had enough members and kills to bus and be totally fine.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 22, 2013, 09:28:33 pm »

Is that why you're asking about the date I joined, you were surprised that name was free for me to use at that time too?
I...really loved that story that you don't even know.
And..erm, yeah? I guess? I forgot why I asked the relevance of the date and your username, but was interested in the username. I was thinking something lightly mischievous, yet all around creative and crafty. One who is playful and possess intellectual acumen. :P

Hrm.  Feels like the right time to share a song - this is what Mafia games are to me.  I rather thought... before and slightly after this game ended, that I was wrong, and only -some- Mafia games felt like this.  But nope, this is Mafia to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKQOm_iJug
I..I hope NQT is ok though. I sent him a PM and he hasn't replied and I'm getting to conclusions. Really worry-d conclusions. :S

PPE: Fully agree with Toony.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 22, 2013, 09:29:33 pm »

If it's any compliment you played a pretty good town game.  If there wasn't that suspicion about your position in Night 1 I had you pegged as town.

I can remember at one point claiming Toaster and Tiruin were definitely scum, but I never ended up staying with that...I thought at least one of them was bussing, who would have thought it was both.

Mafia had enough members and kills to bus and be totally fine.
We also had the roles to bus.
Past night 1 we decided not to resurrect, so Caz was pretty much vanilla, and we converted the guy with a kill so I was very unlikely to ever get attacked, and Tiruin used her one shot power, so she was vanilla. Frankly as long as Toaster lived any bus was doing us a service.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:23 pm »

Tiruin:

>.>
<.<
Well you could've noticed that one thing on Imp..but the thing that /did/ irk me was that you..played something else away :s

And didn't notice that thing on Imp..much.
Town me would see that as a throwaway..
Sorry!! DX

What's the one thing on Imp?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 22, 2013, 09:34:17 pm »

Once during the game you may choose to attempt to convert the target rather than sacrifice them.

A kill and convert in a single night would have been ungodly...
I really think it was listed as a (Mafiakill) action, on my convert.

Wait, I'll edit it in, checking back.

Here it is, + my PMs.

Spoiler: In Order (click to show/hide)

Aha.  I understand now, and see that it was clarified that you were indeed using the night kill to perform a conversion.

I want to say something about that and about how things were explained to Town by Meph about that 'accidental role' and about how the Scum team power was not changed, but I can't find a word I'm happy with, so I guess these words are it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 22, 2013, 09:37:12 pm »

Scum team, there's a lot of talk about killing the other Witch.

The other witch, if there was one, would have been a mason with a now-dead partner - essentially a completely vanilla Towny who -only- got to know that one other person was Town before everyone else did (when that person flipped).

I read that as a useless person to kill.

Why were you guys so interested in that other Witch?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 22, 2013, 09:39:24 pm »

What's the one thing on Imp?
I think that was in relation to the previous posts there and that we totally didn't expect your claim to completely unhinge Max.

Well..we knew every role except TOony or Jim so...
I don't think I ranked the order of valuability there when I discussed that.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 22, 2013, 09:40:19 pm »

Because once again, somebody with the powers of a vanilla townie is still safer to attack than an unknown who could be a werebear or some other nasty. We have some good roles, and we expected town to have equally good roles, so the prospect of a werebear was looming over our heads every night, and a witch ain't that. In a game with unknown roles, vanilla townies become targets.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 22, 2013, 09:41:02 pm »

Toaster/Tiruin, why'd you lynch Caz?

I voted him D2 mostly as a one-off thing to get started, but he never really fixed the issues I found to the point that Town Toaster would back off.  Second, I was being pretty lazy that day and didn't have a lot invested into the game.  Knowing I was first-in on a scum lynch would leave me looking great anyway.

I'll say what I said again- 11p with 3 scum, one of whom can convert, is heavily scumsided even without getting a great role.  Whatever Charismatic Cultist is weighted, it's not enough.  Compare it to Advanced Dopp, which is both sacrificial and causes the convert to lose its role- the CC does neither.  Even with the town vig, it would have been balanced if the scum team had started with two players.

Also, scum killing replacement-needing players is a meta tell that you have a nice scumteam that wants a fun game.

I don't think I want to play mafia ever again.

And I was complimenting your play in scum chat!

I..I hope NQT is ok though. I sent him a PM and he hasn't replied and I'm getting to conclusions. Really worry-d conclusions. :S

He lives in the UK- he's almost certainly just asleep.

Because they could claim, not get counterclaimed, and be almost certainly town.  It would have been a safe claim for Tiruin.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 56