Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 159772 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!
« Reply #825 on: November 24, 2013, 10:04:33 pm »

Yeah, but we did miss some obvious clues. Like the fact that Tiruin said she got a no action flavor, something that doesn't normally happen, and that she was getting defensive about being an illusionist.

I didn't miss it.  I assumed she didn't bother to give it.  I realize reading in Scum chat that she felt she missed it - but I thought she simply was explaining what happened.  We didn't bother to ask either - in fact what they interpreted was asking was NQT challenging that we were fine with it not being given and me answering -why- I was fine with that.  Namely that the game was about to end and that we'd soon read the PMs and stuff.  All we needed to decide was 'did we believe her'.

And what I did was make a 'tree'.  That tree had every possibility, including there being 2 cultists left after removing NQT.  What are the odds of that?  How do you prepare for that?  NQT did look the scummiest to me by miles.  My answer to that branch of tree was 'if that's the case, we die'.  My tree even had a branch of there being 2 cultists, not including Toaster, and Toaster being SK (that means I'm the only lonely Town around with NQT gone, be NQT a mislynch or not), and again, the answer to that is 'Town's already dead, it's played out to see if SK or Cult win.'

I made a fine test for Tiruin - assuming she wasn't one of a pair of cultists.

It even had a way to test Toaster, be he SK or Town.  The plan even allowed for a -chance- of survival for Town if there was one Cult and one SK around.  There -was no way to test for or save us from them both being Cult at that point-.

Bah.  Point being, I didn't miss the lack of flavor.  Tiruin talks weird, and I interpreted her weird talking -that time- to mean that she didn't think it necessary to talk about flavor.  It wasn't necessary for me to read it because the 'real puzzles' didn't need flavor anymore to solve.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 24, 2013, 10:17:20 pm »

I was talking about the fact that she gave flavor for a non-action night.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:47 pm »

This was indeed an error that I missed- probably because I was barely reading her posts at that point due to no real need.  At LYLO, once two townies start going after each over, the game is pretty much over.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 24, 2013, 11:03:07 pm »

That is a good point.  She's been rping periodically through the game though.  I still thought she described what she imagined she did instead of taking an action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 25, 2013, 04:56:56 am »

Nobody listens to me when I say that I asked Meph for flavor. Guess what, he does that thing. >_>
Bleh. Whatever.
I killed Jim with a battleaxe.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 25, 2013, 05:06:34 am »

I can just imagine asking for flavor as a knight...

You sit at home tonight, slowly nursing a jug of ale. You don't like to go out much anymore, not since your wife left you and took your pet rooster, Jules, with her. By the old gods you miss that rooster, it just hasn't been the same since. You sit, watching the fireplace and wonder how did it ever came to this. "Your getting too far into this cult!" she would say. In retrospect if you had just spent a little more time with her and a little less with the other disciples maybe you would still be happy, and not set on killing everybody. Well the past is the past, time to live with the choices you made.

Nobody visits you, they rarely do. They all talk about you behind your back and you know it. You are getting older, and they know it. They even had the nerve to hire a new trainee to act as the town knight. The bastard wouldn't know a broadsword from a barn! Not much you can do about it though. You take another drink from your ale. You wish you had somebody to talk to, maybe that charming one that has assumed the role of cult leader. Sadly she is too busy tonight, talking to some monster hunter. Great, another guy with a sword more qualified than yourself. The priest is also out tonight in the temple of the dead, hoping to bring another member into the fold, and from the dead no less! But you are stuck at home, not helping anybody really. Best get used to it. This cult is really going places you know. You should be happy about your position! Yet somehow you just can't seem to muster the will. Maybe tomorrows lynch will cheer you up...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 25, 2013, 05:11:57 am »

...That was beautiful. You have a knack of making people smile. :)

..And the poetic irony.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 25, 2013, 05:57:05 am »

NQT, I think you may be mad at the balance of the game and/or how the game played out.  But you are freaking not innocent and blameless in the fact that Town didn't win.  And Town didn't lose just because you had such terrible allies.  You weren't exactly perfect yourself.
Yeah for sure, I take responsibility too. Anywho, no use self-flagellating over it. I'll just learn the lessons and try and win the next game.

Also I wasn't able to post because I was at school, but NQT's spreadsheet seemed like a very town thing to have.
It's a double-sided sword, because now I have to do that sort of thing even when I'm not town.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:10:14 am by notquitethere »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 25, 2013, 06:03:17 am »

I can just imagine asking for flavor as a knight...

You sit at home tonight, slowly nursing a jug of ale. You don't like to go out much anymore, not since your wife left you and took your pet rooster, Jules, with her. By the old gods you miss that rooster, it just hasn't been the same since. You sit, watching the fireplace and wonder how did it ever came to this. "Your getting too far into this cult!" she would say. In retrospect if you had just spent a little more time with her and a little less with the other disciples maybe you would still be happy, and not set on killing everybody. Well the past is the past, time to live with the choices you made.

Nobody visits you, they rarely do. They all talk about you behind your back and you know it. You are getting older, and they know it. They even had the nerve to hire a new trainee to act as the town knight. The bastard wouldn't know a broadsword from a barn! Not much you can do about it though. You take another drink from your ale. You wish you had somebody to talk to, maybe that charming one that has assumed the role of cult leader. Sadly she is too busy tonight, talking to some monster hunter. Great, another guy with a sword more qualified than yourself. The priest is also out tonight in the temple of the dead, hoping to bring another member into the fold, and from the dead no less! But you are stuck at home, not helping anybody really. Best get used to it. This cult is really going places you know. You should be happy about your position! Yet somehow you just can't seem to muster the will. Maybe tomorrows lynch will cheer you up...

*giggles*  That was awesome.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 03, 2014, 06:04:57 pm »

Supernatural 7 is now in Sign-ups
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]