Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 159831 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 2 is oddly familiar
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2013, 11:59:21 am »

Tiruin
I wonder if I should just replace out for someone better in this modus of language here.
Don't be absurd, you're fine Tiruin: you're usually one of the better players on the forum. You're very focused on Caz right now but if you had to rank all the players in order of scumminess, what would that look like?
Nyeh, tunneling looks like the best word, sans the malice intended, because:
1. I see someone being scummy? I drop a trail to check whether the person is scum or not. If trail ends, then springs trap. Until only then am I nearly completely accurately sure.
2. Check if others follow said trail.

So I'm..having a narrow vision at best, but I've scummies there - people I'm MAKING SURE OF. Checking back though, as my thoughts are...confuddled by the recent events (discussion on cults in relation to the attacker on Persus--I do believe Persus is INNOCENT though, and that he got the NK is the best idea in my mind at the moment
also vampire cults and vampires...I really doubt Supernatural 6 would be 'just a recycled game state'. Meph is creative.)

Currently: Target list consists of (on an statistically interval level)
SCUM
Caz ...Um. Yeah. I'm confused, but rather more than willing to go hitting.
Toony (debatable..his actions towards others are understandable. To me are..a bit confusing. I'm unsure on how being 'defensive' is at all...being defensive given the context of someone saying something about you that isn't true and your reaction)

..Cmega3 is leaning into gray, but for a newbie I'm..still quite curious why his absence along with missing queries when called out repeatedly on it [and then answering them with saying something contrary to not missing them..despite having posts in between. May be telling the truth given how he formats things-something like personality in which its hard to lie about it, or may be..hm. Most of me is leaning on newbie-card mistakes, but I'm not giving this lead up yet. Only that he's an active ghost now and looks unable to answer..quite anything is a problem. :v

GRAY (gray zone - null zone, in order. Too vague to make it an order of rational basis)
   ...Pretty much everyone else
   Max - his knowledge seems..non-comparable with how much he says [knowledge about game..guess he looked back, or probably that touch-touch duel on NQT] but isn't commenting much on the talk which happened early-day? May just be me and not trusting my intuition. Lacking votes--though I'm curious about him. Any reads or notes you have to share there Max?
   I've read bits of Toaster--he's coming out the usual orange toast. So vague its crunchy.
   NQT seems more towny given how his talk goes on; given that he claimed Priest and admitted to resurrecting Nerjin-something which even in the claim, I don't see scum doing for any long-term benefit-and how he dueled with Max, coming off more townier than that other dude given how I read his words.  Though I'm curious, NQT. You sound a bit jumpy in regard to people err'ing in their posts. Why so? Also on that list, is it for a base-line for future actions or perhaps something else?
   Persus tops out as most assuredly townie (and/or, scum knight who had his buddy hit him for quite a risky gain..but I don't quite see the discrepancy with how his explanation fills out, and how or whether he's just pulling a fib out of thin air. OR he's scum and is claiming knight and his buddy hit a wizard-protect-ish target and the wizard is busy analyzing all this with steepled fingers and all the inferring. I doubt it though, given his claim)

On that note

Caz-overconfident and has made lots of assumptions from thin air (almost as if he has information that we don't). Pursuing a case against Tiruin based on said assumptions (lies, whatever). Posts haven't made sense despite some efforts to clear up. Attacked various others also based on assumptions. Voted strange D1. Has dropped of the face of the earth.
Cmega3-erratic voting and buddying of me D1
Toaster-Kleril acting oddly opening of D1. Kleril also buddied Cmega. Toaster jumped onto the Nerjin bandwagon at the perfect time and provided the momentum to get others to vote him. Voted Caz but attacking other people.
NQT-Rolefishing slightly. A little overly defensive, although that may be because three people are attacking him.
Imp-Lurking and hasn't really contributed a lot to the game besides several outside the box ideas.
Max-Has voted a grand total of one person the entire game. without a single FOS.
Toonyman-Not sure
Nerjin-majorly lurking
Jim-NQT has a point but seems town to me.
Tiruin-also unsure.
Perses-Knight, poor town if attacked by monster hunter.

People I'd love to hear from (aka Lurkers):
Nerjin
Caz
Imp

That list looks more of something akin to NQT's list and seems more of scumpicks from scum to town
Read it again..
Now you want my scum picks (these are sort of greatest to least)

...Anyway. About that bolded thing on NQT. Expound on how you regard being defensive..then putting up something which is an obvious cause for being defensive.

What's wrong with Imp's idea-putting. I can fathom she's quite busy and/or work-stuff. I miss her, despite not reading much on her here.

Next: Majorly lurking = lesser scummy suspiciousness? Ehh?
Caz-overconfident and has made lots of assumptions from thin air (almost as if he has information that we don't). Pursuing a case against Tiruin based on said assumptions (lies, whatever). Posts haven't made sense despite some efforts to clear up. Attacked various others also based on assumptions. Voted strange D1. Has dropped of the face of the earth.
Where and what do you see @bolded portion?
Second bolded portion: Which posts exactly?

Jim:
No posts today besdies Tiruin? wow.

Hi Caz, Tiruin's post convinced me you're scum.

This is a bandwagon vote.

That you quickly reversed.

But still a bandwagon.
Yep, I thought the day was about to end and at that point in time was more willing to see Caz lynched than NQT or a no lynch. Sortof like you and several others did with Nerjin. It was also the only I could access the Mafia forum that day even if Bay12 hadn't gone down.
What about now-this-time compared to that point in time? Has the idea still stuck?

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Caz: Toaster, Persus13, Tiruin
Jim Groovester: notquitethere
Toaster: ToonyMan
notquitethere: Jim Groovester, Max White
Persus13: Caz

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (~8 hours)
...*day ends when I sleep~~

Also huh, just noticed Caz' vote.
*checks back*
Ayup Persus is 99.9% confirmed town/third-party (third-party knight anyone? Or unless a wizard claims..which would be synonymously weird with how Caz cla- bleh he's a knight.) if Caz is scum given those reactions (or that is one [EXPLETIVE] of a bus. But I don't quite see it despite looking at it with a prismatic viewpoint)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2013, 12:34:20 pm »

Persus
Your basing your case on Jim on one sentence that could be a mistake? I've messed up at least twice this game and no one except Caz thinks I'm scum at the moment. I think you're overreacting to his point.
It seems like pretty flagrant misrepresentation to me. Even if we take his 'mistake' at face value, what he says is bloody dubious: he admits to voting me to get me to back off: i.e. not because he genuinely thinks I'm scum (he's since admitted I'm a vote for wont of a better target) but because I was pressuring him. He essentially admits to OMGUSing. I don't think I'm particularly prone to over-reacting (I wasn't that bothered in the short-run that he'd voted me: we should all suspect each other) but the fact that he can't even get his basic facts straight. Let us also not forget that when he voted me he said he didn't feel like letting me 'get away with' my mistake, but now he's upset that I'm pulling him up on a supposed mistake. Not strike you as a little bit suspicious?

Day was supposed to end November 8 at 5 PM Mod Time

This post was an hour before day end and the first and last time I could get on the computer before day end on that day because I went to see my school's play. At that point in time the two lynch candidates were you and Caz. At that point in time I had no read on you and thought Caz was scum for multiple reasons.
Ah okay, the nearly-end-of-day thing makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the scum picks. I think... I hope everyone get their's in before the end of the game.

I'm curious as to why you think Imp and Max are so town-like. They're hardly paragons of stellar town-play this game.

Tiruin
So I'm..having a narrow vision at best, but I've scummies there - people I'm MAKING SURE OF. Checking back though, as my thoughts are...confuddled by the recent events (discussion on cults in relation to the attacker on Persus--I do believe Persus is INNOCENT though, and that he got the NK is the best idea in my mind at the moment
also vampire cults and vampires...I really doubt Supernatural 6 would be 'just a recycled game state'. Meph is creative.)
Interesting that you're seemingly so sure about Persus' innocence. Generally, scum are the most sure in declaring their fellows as definitely innocent, as, after all, they already know it to be true.

Though I'm curious, NQT. You sound a bit jumpy in regard to people err'ing in their posts. Why so? Also on that list, is it for a base-line for future actions or perhaps something else?
I don't think I'm particularly jumpy. Jim's vote is on me, making me a prime lynch candidate all day. Instead of fairly assessing what I'm saying, he invents things (he can call it a 'mistake' but why hasn't he moved his vote?) and complains about me not backing off (as if that's what town players should do!). Don't you think that that's a little bit suspicious?

Are you saying by their omission in your list that you have no read at all on Imp or Nerjin despite the fact that they've not voted at all all day and we're nearly at the end (and they've been active in other games)? Interesting.

CAZ Are you really going to lie over or are you going to get in here and post? You better not be town because if you are I'll be seriously disappointed in you.

I'm going to throw an extend out there if we have them left: I want to hear everyone's scum picks before we go to the lynch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - 1 REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2013, 01:19:57 pm »

Tiruin
Interesting that you're seemingly so sure about Persus' innocence. Generally, scum are the most sure in declaring their fellows as definitely innocent, as, after all, they already know it to be true.
And it is interesting how you miss how I debate Persus' innocence--is there anything wrong with how I see him and give the situation? The lack of a NK-therein pops in a claimant who is a Knight, of all people (t'would be a riskier notion of its a wizard or whatever, but a knight) along with details on the attack (attacker is human. Not a vampire [I did not read in the vampire stuff in that SP game] judging by how he's armed with a sword and obviously masked [Oh sure let's get on with identity.]), I say that he's believable.

Now how you attempt to see me being seemingly so sure, I can understand. About it being innocence is debatable. Evidence prior to our debate now speaks well of him, is all I say. A compliment to his status among us? Perhaps so. But discarding him as innocent and going along everyone else?

That, is interesting in itself.
Generally, scum are the most sure in declaring their fellows as definitely innocent, as, after all, they already know it to be true.
...Or said person uses logic, yeah. All logicians declare with the purpose of knowledge, and scum know more knowledge than most, therefore all logicians are scum.
Bad detail aside, do you get my point?

I don't think I'm particularly jumpy. Jim's vote is on me, making me a prime lynch candidate all day. Instead of fairly assessing what I'm saying, he invents things (he can call it a 'mistake' but why hasn't he moved his vote?) and complains about me not backing off (as if that's what town players should do!). Don't you think that that's a little bit suspicious?

Are you saying by their omission in your list that you have no read at all on Imp or Nerjin despite the fact that they've not voted at all all day and we're nearly at the end (and they've been active in other games)? Interesting.
I'd regard it with suspicion, obviously. However I'd poke more on him and argue the matter with him instead of being a tattle-tale. Nobody likes a tattle-tale. In the means of how you're being such, though, is what's attracting my attention--will read up more on it given its..particular effect.

And no, I'm saying by their omission in the list that there's a ton of people I haven't quite delved deep into because I've been delving deep quite into another people. Specifically Caz and Toony. And yeah, Imp is active..in the BM. I've no idea on Nerjin but he seems busy too. Imp is generally hardworking and a drop off like that signifies RL stuffs going on.

...And yeah, narrow vision, if being blunt would suffice.

Tiruin tips her hat. "Interesting indeed."

CAZ Are you really going to lie over or are you going to get in here and post? You better not be town because if you are I'll be seriously disappointed in you.

I'm going to throw an extend out there if we have them left: I want to hear everyone's scum picks before we go to the lynch.
I'd love to hear what you think of him, by the way. Given our spirited duel and the partaking of masks and feints, how do you see me as in regard to him [and vice versa], and him in regard to his actions?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2013, 01:20:14 pm »

PFP

@Tiruin:
You shouldn't be wasting so much time counter arguing me if my case is superficial.

@NQT:
I see, so because Jim was wrong about one of your actions nothing else he's done matters and he must be scum?  You didn't seem to have a case before, but now this is your real reason?  You were wrong about IronyOwl you know and that had heavy analysis.

@Toaster:
What's your read on NQT exactly?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2013, 02:04:01 pm »

@Tiruin:
You shouldn't be wasting so much time counter arguing me if my case is superficial.

Good point, however if I did put that label on your case as superficial, it would amount to quite everything thus far you've said towards me, wouldn't it?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2013, 02:43:10 pm »

There will be no more extensions this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2013, 04:39:37 pm »

I am stealing moments between tasks at work to get caught up on the last day and a half of posts here (I was caught up before that point) and to get my post up and vote up.  Post will include 'what I think of each person' as well as why I'm voting who and a few more questions/observations, these maybe can't be answered today and I'll type those that part last in case I don't have enough time for all of it.

Weekends usually are much free time for me, this weekend was not and work's usually busy today too.  All free time I can snatch I'm putting into catchup and post here asap.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2013, 07:44:25 pm »

Caz:  Weird reactions, to both me and Tiruin at very least.  Seems somewhat, but not highly Scummy to me.  Doesn't always answer questions asked, doesn't always chase when others don't answer his questions.  Tiruin called him 'slippery' and a few other adjectives.  I agree with slippery the most.  Seems very willing to target people for 'single issues', such as Persus13's comment to Cmega about unvoting or not, then not follow up more widely.  Medium lean Scum.

notquitethere:  Responding to pressure oddly.  Made resurrection choice for reasons that seem odd and contradictory to me, seems to be calling Nerjin both a good choice to res and a good choice to lynch, which may not contradict but the same behavior that makes someone a good lynch should make them a good choice to stay dead.  Also had weird, overstrong reaction to my challenge that it wasn't actually impossible for him to be the vampire lord (given that we don't even know we have vampires).  But I wonder greatly if he's trying to get lynched, because I've never seen NQT respond to pressure like this.  (I cite day one of recent Witches Coven as example - he was an early high suspicion player - I have not read many of his old games).  If he is trying to get lynched - it would have to be to prevent someone else from being lynched?  I think.  I could live with a NQT lynch, but I also believe that he'll keep talking if he's not today's lynch (more information is usually good) and I worry that he's trying to get lynched by throwing weird reactions.  Medium lean Scum - but seems to be trying to offer self as target - if so, protecting who and why?  Caz seems likeliest target to protect.

Toonyman:  Still deeply unsatisfied with his involvement in the game. He has asked a handful of questions, he has checked out a few leads to a satisfying conclusion (apparently his satisfaction as well as mine) but I saw him put more effort into 'not dying/Scumhunting after his scare' than I see him having given during D2.  I'm glad he followed up on some things, but I still get a solid 'Survivor/not Town' feel of him.  There -are- probably some third parties.  Some might be benign to Town, but I think 'just trying to not die' is a perfectly fine strategy for Scum too, and I'm concerned he's using it.  Low lean Scum (High lean not-Town - Scum are also not Town).

Persus13:  Seems off to me for reasons I cannot take time to find again and expound on. Note to self - prepare that for D3. - Slight lean Scum.

Nerjin:  Upset about his lack of participation in D2.  Appreciate that he did answer questions.  He is choosing to show nothing of his new Wincon (which could still be the old Wincon).  Hope he plays soon or replaces soon.  Worried about why he's 'not in the mood for this game for some reason' as he says.  Null read/Slight lean Scum.

Cmega:  To newbie to read. - Null read.

Jim Groovester:  Seems quite still, possibly because there's 'still a lot of kids on his lawn'.  I have no meaningful read of Jim as Town or Scum, but it bugs me that he didn't explain what he was doing in terms of starting D2 with a vote on Persus13, and why he isn't (that I can tell) doing any overt Scumhunting of Persus - it's the vote and not much else from Jim to Per.  Day 1 didn't have a lot of interaction from Jim to Per - though he does challenge another player for not really interacting with the person who was voted for.  I don't know how to interpret this weird-seeming behavior though.  Null read.

Toaster:  No strong feel on.  Slightly more Town than Null, so  - Null read/Slight lean Town.

Max White:  I liked how he played better in S4, I found his posts very easy to follow and his reasoning made a lot of sense to me.  I'm concerned that his focus appeared way narrow D1 and was very surprised that Tiruin's answering my old RVS question confused him so much (she did quote me at the top of the post and the answer came at the bottom, after she shows her research on the question - but the links to my question are painted clearly I believe). - Slight lean Town

Tiruin:  Time pressured.  Posts are a bit harder to figure out than usual, lines of thought are less explained or less clear (reading posts of Tiruin's from older games, I felt I understood most of them easily).  Slight lean Town.

My analysis of others' cases on Caz:

I'm really unhappy with Toaster's 'case' on Caz.  "Well, we're back to Day 1 again. Did anyone learn anything useful?" does NOT to me seem 'blatant rolefishing' as Toaster calls it, and that appears to be the entirety of Toaster's case.

I'm not thrilled with Tiruin's case on Caz, because it involves both 'Caz didn't answer Tiruin's questions' combined with the unsaid 'Tiruin didn't answer Caz's completely either'.  His 'error' about Tiruin switching her vote could have been an error of memory (thinking of someone else who did vote switch, or straight out misremembering and not fact checking), and that's not been talked about really.

But Caz should have been talking about it - Caz should have brought it up himself and explained it clearly.  Instead Caz basically bows out, abandoning all further attempts to Scumhunt and telling Tiruin that he doesn't really understand what she's saying - which she responds to with:

Thanks for sealing in my doubts. Instead of asking to restate or inquire on what exact portion is confusing you, you fall back on one of the less obvious, yet still apparent, methods of denial. I am open for all queries regarding my accusations of you, and all I get is a backhand and a discarding handwave.

She challenges him for not attacking her back, she says several other things - what she doesn't try to do is restate her case in different terms (hopefully easier for him to understand).  Now I can see a big reason not to - debating with certain Scum is a total waste of time, and if Tiruin's that sure he's Scum, she's not really talking to him (I assume) but answering him for the rest of Town to see and understand).  Thing is, though -I- think I understand her case against him, I do think it's not very clearly stated in the most part.  I can buy him not understanding it, and sincerely being confused.

And I'm really unsure about Persus's case, which essentially is 'Tiruin convinced me' on top of suspecting Caz for

The others I'm suspicious of are Cmega and Caz. ... Caz hasn't been making much sense today so he seems scummy. He also seems to be overconfident and making two many assumptions, almost like he knows things about other people for certain.

That case doesn't convince me either.

My own case on Caz:

What does convince me, my case:  Caz is slippery.  He has been scumhunting, or making the appearance of it - but my own interactions with him on D1 left me with a weird feel and a lessened desire to interact more with him - my analysis then was that he was responding quite satisfactorily to others and interacting well in general, so how I write probably bothers him and we're most likely having a personality/style conflict rather than something Scummy is going on.  I did not then see the level of concern which Tiruin was developing from her own interactions with him - nor did I until she made it a lot clearer and I put a lot of effort into trying to figure out what she was explaining.

I actually thought Caz would be a likely person to reach Lylo, as I analyzed people at the end of D1, because he seemed really middle ground to me.

Day two I don't see wrong in his opening question about people learning stuff - I wouldn't have asked that exact question but I might have asked a somewhat similar one.  He tries to shut down a line of inquiry even as he opens another (line happened to be considering value of Ressing Nerjin)

Waste of time. We should be asking ourselves

He responds to Tiruin with

Vote tracker doesn't show FoSes. You were jumping around to whoever was being pressured the most. It didn't look like you believed your own arguments because as soon as an easier target came along, you gave up your attack and jumped on the new one.

Sadly, Think's tracker DOES, and even if you don't know that, it can be done by manually searching the thread, with or without using a lurker tracker to open a questionable player's posts.

D1, Tiruin voted first for Caz, then switched to Cmega3.  She placed one FoS again on Caz.  That was the entirety of her D1 'vote switching and FoS use'.

I can get making one mistake, remembering wrong.  But when someone calls you a liar about what you remember, then it's time to get to work and check your facts (if it wasn't time before).

If NQT is protecting anyone, he is most likely protecting Caz.  Caz initially called the discussion about the resurrection "Waste of time" - later and most recently he says

NQT: You're saying that you lynched Nerjin because you could bring him back if he was town? Don't you think it's a risky strategy? If you thought he could be town, why did you want to lynch him? Do you think Nerjin is still town now, or has his playstyle changed? From what I see, he's claiming to be lurky because he thought he was going to be dead and could focus on other games. What do you say to the possibility that he's lurking to keep out of what's happening here, and avoid suspicion?

I think that may be supporting the 'point fingers at the Scum who sacrifices for me, if we can't actualy get the focus onto Nerjin instead of you'.  It is a pretty strong reversal from 'Waste of time" to discuss.

"Warning - while you were typing 8 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post."

And that's just flipping weird.  If he was working on that post for the time it took 8 replies to be posted -   He posted it at November 07, 2013, 08:29:46 pm  thread time...

The 8th reply previous to his post was made on November 07, 2013, 10:11:24 am thread time.

He claims to have been working on that post for over 8 hours?  Why claim that, and in such an indirect fashion?  Tentative conclusion, for misdirection/sympathy.

Notes to/about NQT (and a question for D3 if that's possible to answer then):

I don't say that you -are- a vampire lord, nor that it's likely that you are one - all I challenge is that it isn't impossible for you to be one.  Why this strong reaction?

Imp
Oh not you as well. Do you really think it's plausible that I could learn of a team mate having a priest role and decide to collude with them in bread-crumbing it all in the first hour of playing the game? It's not logically impossible, but it's not very plausible either.

Plausible?  I consider it unlikely.  But I think reacting to people debating if it is impossible or not is a VERY weird thing for you to do.  However, in terms of how long you needed to create that 'breadcrumb' -

You posted your answer to Max White, the one with the breadcrumb, was placed at 6:19:06 PM. You are replying (and quote) Max's post (which is also an answer to you) from 6:11:36 PM that same day.  So it took you 8.5 minutes to notice his post, read it, start to quote him, figure out how to answer it in a way that includes the 6 breadcrumbed words in a post of 86 words total, and complete your post.

This isn't at ALL proof that you arranged the post and answer with Max ahead of time - I could probably create a post similar to yours if I was motivated to in about 2-3 minutes, all the other bits require lucky timing (forum working fast and right, you saw Max's answer immediately) - so I definately believe you could have created that breadcrumb off the cuff and with motivated high speed.

But I also believe that yes, you could have participated in a plan involving two players given 70 minutes + whenever you actually got your role PMs/Scumchat opened (my role PM was sent several minutes before the thread opened, no idea about others).

Note that the above is ALL supposition.  I consider possible/impossible, not likely/unlikely.   It isn't even established that we have a converting cult.  Wanting it deemed 'impossible' that you could be such a cult's leader and protesting "Oh not you as well" to discussion about it actually being possible - that seems weird to me.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2013, 08:04:22 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Caz: Imp, Toaster, Persus13, Tiruin
Jim Groovester: notquitethere
Toaster: ToonyMan
notquitethere: Jim Groovester, Max White
Persus13: Caz

Your discussions over, you all feel the compulsion come over you again. Each in turn steps forward, and calls out their vote.

Caz's name hangs in the air.

Head bowed, he steps forward into the center of the room. Slowly, but with a defiant look on his face, he looks up. "I am a true Priest of the Old Gods. I do now bow to these pretenders who have ursurped your rightful gods, but instead give my homage to the rightful Lord of our Pantheon! I may day this day, but my cause lives on!"

And with that he collapses to the ground, all life gone from his body.

The compulsion broken, your eyes dart between one another. It seems you chose well this day, and your foe has been revealed. But can you defeat them in time?

Back to your houses you go. For this night, you fear, will not be one of rest.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!

I'll see what I can do about finding a replacement for Cmega3.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Night 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #444 on: November 14, 2013, 12:58:20 am »

You awaken again in the hall. But there are only eight of you in the circle this time.

Of Cmega3 and Nerjin there is no sign.

In glowing red letters on the floor you see this:

Cmega3, loyal Witch of this town. Now gone to join the gods.

Nerjin, loyal Dreamwalker of this town. Dead for the second time.

You look at one another. It seems two of yours were lost last night. You'd best choose another of your enemies this day, if you have any hope of stopping this menace.

Day 3 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday.

Also, I find I must apologize to you. It seems that one of the roles in this game has, in fact, not appeared before. I thought it had, and it's been in the possible role set for quite a while but...apparently I was mistaken. But all of the others have shown up before.
Come play Mafia with us!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 3 solves metaproblems
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2013, 05:23:25 am »

Nice to see that my analysis was vindicated— I said Caz was scum and he was.

Caz seemed to have given up, but it's interesting that his final vote was on Persus, Jim's Day 1 target.

It's apparent now that there are two killing roles in the game: can cult's kill as well as convert? A monsterhunter probably offed Nerjin, which is legitimate given his non-existent Day 2 play. Or possibly a hunter killed Cmega as was nonparticipating too much to be valuable to town and scum killed Nerjin, afraid of the possible third-party threat and figuring, worst case, they kill a townie. Just speculation though as there's too many possibilities, especially now Meph has confirmed there's a mystery role.

Cmega might have been a Lone Witch, but more likely he has a covenbuddy who may or may not be scum. Anyone want to come forward? My bet, from the vote record, is it's Imp or Jim.

Imp you presented no cases yesterday and then voted the vote-leader when there was no possible other alternative.

Medium lean Scum - but seems to be trying to offer self as target - if so, protecting who and why?  Caz seems likeliest target to protect.
Why would I try to protect Caz? I thought he was most likely scum. And before you ask,  I also thought Jim was most likely scum too and that's why my vote was on him.

Max You sheeped Jim's vote and left it there with this as your argument:

Blah blah reasons blah blah text wall
That... Is actually a good point.
NQT was attacking somebody who seems to be the most likely suspect for as monster hunter for their night action preferences, rather than being scummy.
Your argument has been wholly refuted by the end of day 2: I had withdrawn my initial suspicions because I had come to the conclusion that Jim's position wasn't necessarily indicative of him being scum.

Jim Do you think the scum team had two priests on it?

Toaster and Tiruin for their very longstanding cases against Caz get many town points in my eyes. There's no good reason why they'd have pursued those cases for so long (yeah, yeah, to seem town, but really that kind of early-form bussing is usually counterproductive). Persus hopped on and off the Caz-wagon, but I'm not sure I'd draw any strong conclusions either way from that.

So this leaves me with my revised reads:

SCUM
Max - Tunnelling the same player two days in a row, the second time sheeping someone else's weak case
Jim - I think he's very scummy because of what appears to be to be obvious lies, misdirection and hypocrisy. Enough other players that I strongly suspect are town don't think this is a compelling case. I will continue my investigations today.
Imp - Pressed no cases all day 2 until a final late wagon vote on scum: the prototypical scum move.
Persus - Wishy-washy with his use of the vote
Toony - Low early-game engagement, did nothing productive with vote on Day 2
Tiruin - Tunneled Caz all day, but he was scum!
Toaster - About as town a read as I can get: no obvious mistakes, first on the lynch of scum
NQT - Still The Raddest Priest In Town, especially now Caz is dead.
TOWN

Incidentally, I'm so disappointed in Nerjin. If he didn't like the game so much he could have replaced out. Not impressed with Cmega either.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2013, 05:35:17 am »

PFP

I'm working and busy  :'(

But I'm reading up on why people would mention a cult in the first place. Is this..some kind of foreshadowing or just guessing out? WIFOM territory, perhaps, but I'm looking back into the game to check on where the roots come from.

Imp you presented no cases yesterday and then voted the vote-leader when there was no possible other alternative.
...She did so in her closing post. She rationalized several cases-and my own (which does confirm I was being silly confusing) and then remarked on how the focus dwindled until she felt satisfied to hit the vote button down.

...I mean, she did get where I was going-and I had thought that the case of 'if you accuse someone of lying then its quite an accusation' was apparent until..well, checking it out.

Imp: NQT did claim Priest here. I don't think Priests can protect (basing on the quote he's quoting of you).

Jim Do you think the scum team had two priests on it?
...And you're FoS'ing Jim along with asking him a pertinent question? Isn't that counterproductive?[/transparency]
Why're you asking Jim this and what brought it about? Specifically what you're thinking about priests and all that.

Toaster and Tiruin for their very longstanding cases against Caz get many town points in my eyes. There's no good reason why they'd have pursued those cases for so long (yeah, yeah, to seem town, but really that kind of early-form bussing is usually counterproductive). Persus hopped on and off the Caz-wagon, but I'm not sure I'd draw any strong conclusions either way from that.
While I'd LOOOOVE to say..well, keep silent and let this slide and be happy at myself, I'd point something out that I'd do the same as scum if scum, and town if town--meaning: If someone does such an act as doing a really technical error at me, then I'd hunt 'em out regardless.

It seems you're basing your townie points on me because my case is long, yes? Why so. That's quite an easy leap there. What're you following here. Vote pattern or...something else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 14, 2013, 06:27:14 am »

Well my turn to claim today. I'm a Seer, capable of detecting if a player is benign or malevolent. I'm not exactly sure how that works for third parties though...

Last night I found Persus13 to be malevolent.

For those wondering night 1 I did inspect NQT and found him benign. It was enough to convince me to rethink my stance, at least in regards to his day 1 play, but then he started role fishing and wanting to lynch somebody for being a Monster Hunter, and apparently inspects come before converts making him as potentially scum as anybody else... Then Caz flipped cult instead of vampire and it kind of settled that.

Max You sheeped Jim's vote and left it there with this as your argument:

Blah blah reasons blah blah text wall
That... Is actually a good point.
NQT was attacking somebody who seems to be the most likely suspect for as monster hunter for their night action preferences, rather than being scummy.
Your argument has been wholly refuted by the end of day 2: I had withdrawn my initial suspicions because I had come to the conclusion that Jim's position wasn't necessarily indicative of him being scum.

Thats bullshit and you know it. Don't pretend my entire case rested on that single point, you were role fishing. You might be so exceptionally bad that you don't even realize that you were committing a subtle form of it, but you were and I pointed that up long before Jim.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 14, 2013, 06:43:50 am »

Well my turn to claim today. I'm a Seer, capable of detecting if a player is benign or malevolent. I'm not exactly sure how that works for third parties though...

Last night I found Persus13 to be malevolent.
...Malevolent? That means he's evil, right? Or you're detecting their intent?

Because if so then..that's one bold move to claim knight.

PFP very interesting

For those wondering night 1 I did inspect NQT and found him benign. It was enough to convince me to rethink my stance, at least in regards to his day 1 play, but then he started role fishing and wanting to lynch somebody for being a Monster Hunter, and apparently inspects come before converts making him as potentially scum as anybody else... Then Caz flipped cult instead of vampire and it kind of settled that.
Could'ja expound on how the detection works, Max? And the bolded part settles..what? Caz discussed vampire cult as far as I remember back in D2.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 14, 2013, 06:46:02 am »

EBWOP: I may be ocnfusing the OP but Seer = Sage, right? It's stated in a past Supernatural but I'm asking here in case things are a bit different.

Meph:
Illusionist - A mage whose mastery of light and shadow can use misdirection to help or harm.
Does the illusion work on everything?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56