Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 159767 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 4 brings dark news
« Reply #705 on: November 22, 2013, 04:47:21 pm »

Cult scumteam is best scumteam, 2 for 2 in Supernatural.

Yeah, the town was stuck in Super3 again and it had no idea- rather unfortunate for the town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!
« Reply #706 on: November 22, 2013, 04:52:00 pm »

Well that was fun! Good game guys...

NQT: What was that bit about the last laugh?  :P I'm sorry buddy, I did try to get you lynched day 1 just so that we could bring you back to life as scum and roll to victory, but best laid plans and all. Although seriously, don't give out early role information! Speaking as scum, we do use that sort of information, your early claim was very useful to us.
Imp: Good catch with that inspect! You pretty much win MVP on the town side for that.
Tiruin: I'm a little bit disappointing you didn't go on to bus Toaster.  :P Next time maybe... Well done though!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 22, 2013, 05:05:19 pm »

I did suspect conversion, and that it happened N1 (why no N1 kill?).

But I totally believed it was NQT who was the probable converter.

MVP?  That catch was luck.  What I really did was calmly walk my team to the slaughterhouse.  I didn't know I was doing it, but that's what I was doing.

Still, awesome experience.  Supernatural is currently my absolute favorite Mafia - laugh if you want, since I'm so very new and know so few kinds.

But I can only imagine a type of Mafia I'd want to play as much, not more than, this one again.

So!  Meph.  Is it time for a rematch yet?  I'm ready to sign up for S7, and I can hardly wait.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 22, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »

So far we have never seen scum raise a dead player as town, so it seems most likely that scum priests only raise scum or third parties... For NQT to not be the priest you would have to believe a scum priest bought back a town player. Mechanically he was as confirmed town as Toaster (That is must have started the game that way)
You or Persus could technically have been involved in a bus, from a townies point of view, and as we have seen busses happen to huge profit.  ;)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 22, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »

So far we have never seen scum raise a dead player as town, so it seems most likely that scum priests only raise scum or third parties... For NQT to not be the priest you would have to believe a scum priest bought back a town player.

I did believe that - but more I believed that Caz brought back Nerjin and NQT did something else.  I suspected NQT of being Tiruin's role, essentially.  What I didn't suspect was that Tiruin was Tiruin's role.

Oh.  And NQT.  A rather humbled Imp's interested in listening to that talk whenever you'd like to start it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 22, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »

Ok, so I'm reading Scum chat, and I'm nearing N1.  It's clear to me that early on you guys decided that you were not going to use your kill N1.  I understand that Tiruin was busy with a task, and so was Caz.

Max, you were sitting there with nothing but Knight to keep you busy -aka you were even good naturedly complaining about wishing you had a night action.

Would one of you Scary, err Scummy.... err Scary players please explain, clearly and with enough detail for a mind like mine to follow it  ??? why you decided to not use your night kill N1 and how you all agreed upon that decision so easily?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 22, 2013, 05:37:47 pm »

So!  Meph.  Is it time for a rematch yet?  I'm ready to sign up for S7, and I can hardly wait.

Might do another Supernatural next. Might do another Paranormal. Not sure, yet, but I imagine I'll do whichever people want more.

PPE: Tiruin's Conversion replaced the Kill. They couldn't do both.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 22, 2013, 05:40:44 pm »

Nice job Tiruin and Toaster. Looks like NQT was right. I was wondering why Tiruin was being so defensive about me thinking she wasn't an illusionist.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 22, 2013, 05:41:15 pm »

Oooh.  That does kinda intermix player role with Scum type.  I'd totally ruled that out from how you'd explained that Scum type was unchanged.  Course, if it's the role that imposes the new change on the Scum use of power, you explained honestly and I just didn't see it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 22, 2013, 05:44:21 pm »

Nice job Tiruin and Toaster. Looks like NQT was right. I was wondering why Tiruin was being so defensive about me thinking she wasn't an illusionist.

Heh. Yeah, you'd have had to have peeled me off of NQT - I was absolutely serious that NQT's play looks.... utterly deceptive, and needlessly so.  Maybe I just need to sit down with NQT and have a nice lesson about how -he- plays.

Except everyone so far that I've ever looked at, studied intently, and become convinced 'that player is Scum!' has been Town.  So far, there's two possible 'real Scum tells' to my perception - 'Middle of the line player', and 'I actually don't want to interact with you'.

OMG and sob, I can see me in my next Mafia game trying to make cases about people being Scum because they -don't- look Scummy to me so they must be Scum!    :'(

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 22, 2013, 05:48:16 pm »

Toaster/Tiruin, why'd you lynch Caz?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 22, 2013, 05:59:39 pm »

So far, there's two possible 'real Scum tells' to my perception - 'Middle of the line player', and 'I actually don't want to interact with you'.
That sounds pretty good, go with that.

Toaster/Tiruin, why'd you lynch Caz?
Wonderful question.
Town has pretty much been in lylo since day 2... Heck if we got lucky and had a prefect night 1 we wouldn't even have had a day 2.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 22, 2013, 06:34:26 pm »

what just happened

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 22, 2013, 06:37:06 pm »

4 scum out of 11 players is way too many, particularly if the converted player can bring an extra kill with them.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 22, 2013, 06:40:43 pm »

I think this and S3 are the two most unbalanced Supernaturals ever. Town's record is 1 for 3 now right?
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56