Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Suggestion game) You are a witch/wizard/warlock!  (Read 2483 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
(Suggestion game) You are a witch/wizard/warlock!
« on: September 27, 2013, 03:29:34 pm »

You are a wizard! Unfortunatly, this is highly illegal and will have you burned! It's also problematic to access a multitute of powers, the items you need to get are also illegal and will be destroyed if found. You're not sure if you can trust your friends and family, but you can trust your butler. (what should the butler's name be?)

You have lived a life where you and your family could get multitutudes of thousands. You recently decided to become a wizard. You could do research on where to find this information and some artifacts, or talk to your creepy neighbor for information (you're sure you heard cult-like behavior in there)

So, time to create our character!

Name:

Magic type:(there are three, chaos, the power to destroy and cause general, you know, chaos and danger. There is also darkness, which includes raising of the dead, life stealing and controlling, and reformery, the changing of things around you to diffrent things around you to fit diffrent needs. The reason they are all evil is because magic was invented by evil people. All the magics can make you live forever, so the game could possibly progress from the medevial times, to a stempunk era, to moderen times (in a much crappier state, to the future)

Why you chose to become a wizard: Lust for power, revenge, to become a hero?

Special ability: do you have combat experience, do you have higher intelligence than almost everyone, or do you have amazing flexibility?

Alignment: Good, evil, or neither?

Also, I would love to use spoilers and tabs, but I don't know how to. Anyone who could give me an answer?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: (Suggestion game) You are a witch/wizard/warlock!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:38:46 pm »

Name: Ada Tempest

Magic type: Chaos

Motivation: They told us a girl couldn't be a wizard. that witching was for the women. well we sure proved them wrong.

Special ability: Looks - there are very few female wizards. Those that do exist have roughly the same effect on male wizards as the female member of the dungeons and dragons group.

Alignment: Neither

Butler: Sara. What? Stick it to those wizards.

Spoiler: How to spoiler (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »

Name: Ada Tempest

Alignment: Neither

+1

Magic type: Reformery (Though would it have been so terrible to call it either Alteration or Transformation?)

Motivation: To take over the world, ha ha ha! (The "ha ha ha" is part of the motivation.)

Special ability: Precise replication of known objects. (Transmuting a lump of lead into a lump of gold is easy. But we're especially good at transforming raw materials into complex forms., once we've seen a sample. For example, while any Reformer could turn a lump of lead into a lump of gold, we could turn a lump of lead into a crafted sword, or an already-cut diamond, or even an iPhone, provided that we've seen the form we're replicating at least once.)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 06:11:16 am »

Heh. Those are both very interesting characters. Rolled the d20...chaos is it... Also what do you mean by "they told me"? Remember wizardry will have you killed.Very important part of the game.
10/10.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 06:24:09 am »

Also, I forgot the age! 13- 40! Young characters are more likely to get attacked, raped etc. But are better at trickery and fooling people, which doesn't matter much for a charm character. If you get a charm advantage AND our character is a kid, it stacks. Also if our character dies,we make a new one. Lord butler's abilites looked good for the next character

Spoiler: starter stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:26:06 am by Yourmaster »
10/10.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 02:50:45 pm »

And suddenly interest in this thread died down. I wonder why.

...raped...

Ah, that's why.

Keep that stuff out of here. Neither would half the forum have any emotional investment about what happens to the character, nor is it appropriate for the other half to read about something like that.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 02:55:31 pm »

Well partially it got buried, you posed no real situation for us to respond to (and TBH some people won't really respond to a new member until they've showed their face a tad more.)

+ what hachnslay said. + that again.

I should probably point out this is intended as constructive criticism (except what hachnslay said - may want to reread the forum guidelines?). Otherwise everyone's first game is a learning experience.

EDIT: realised hachnslay isn't yourmaster   :-[
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:10:13 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 04:41:16 pm »

EDIT: realised hachnslay isn't yourmaster
A common mistake made one out of one possible times.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 05:43:04 pm »

Who's yourmaster?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 12:09:09 pm »

Who's yourmaster?
the 14 posts person that started the thread.