Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 58327 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Dance with Death
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2013, 06:40:24 am »

"Hm. Maybe I should try again."

Unwrap the torch, wrap it again so that the fabric only covers one end. Make more torches.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2013, 08:15:52 am »

Move out of range of the thing.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:29:11 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2013, 11:00:01 am »

(( Uhm dude I'm pretty sure half your body is broken. Might be better to think about taking care of yourself first. ))

Point blank the monsters to the head to make sure it's not getting back up. Look for a large wooden board and something like rope. Lay Samuel on it, tie him to it so he can't move then drag him back to the shelter. Before heading back do a proper search on the old hunters body for more ammo or other things. Then search his original hiding place for his pack.

" Hey, uhm anyone know anything about medicine? I'm pretty sure that thing smashed half the bones in the Samuels body.

Oh and Randall, they ain't so tough after all I blew a 12 inch hole in it's chest and it stopped moving.
"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2013, 11:10:04 am »

((Public conversation:))

-Y-You d-did it! I'm at the shelter entrance with one survivor. W-We will wait for you, but make sure to not attract any of t-those things. Don't make more n-noise than it has been made, please. Y-You mauled it hard enough, r-right? Remember that s-shooting the head just doen't work.

He then turned to Wilmer:

-T-They killed one of t-those things. Any recommendation for them? They are heading here so that we can enter at the same t-time to the s-shelter.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2013, 11:14:17 am »

" Trust me, it's got a hole where it's torso used to be. Unless it can regrow half it's body it ain't getting back up. But I don't think Samuels gonna live long enough to get him back."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2013, 11:16:23 am »

Marion leans against the subway wall, catching her breath, collecting herself. It wasn't human. Not- not anymore. She calls out on the comms:

"This is Dupont, do you copy? Just had a... strange encounter with a man that really should have been dead."

She searches the body, looking for anything of note, before collecting her club and heading cautiously down to the platform.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2013, 11:22:50 am »

((Basically, my suggestion so that you don't waste a shot))

((Public conversation ho!))

-H-He is so b-bad? I-If he happens to die, he will turn into another of t-those things. And m-maybe you won't be so lucky this t-time.

To Marion, still public conversation:

-Y-You too? G-get away from t-those things. And mainly f-from the b-black gas t-they make. A-are you OK?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2013, 11:28:50 am »

" Do people always turn if they die? "
Caine's law.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2013, 11:31:34 am »

Marion replies over the public comm channels:

"Yeah I'll be okay. I think. You don't think we should touch them?"

Suddenly wary, instead of searching the body she edges away from it (still picking up her club and going to the platform).

"What's been happening with you guys? I'm still at the train station."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2013, 11:53:58 am »

-I-I have been extracting some information from a survivor. C-Currently I-I'm at the entrance to the shelter. I-I don't know if you can t-touch them or not, but I k-know that they spew a black thing that makes you b-become one of them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2013, 12:32:03 pm »

"Damn, guys, it sounds like this station's way more dangerous than you'd think. Shame it has to be monster-infested, though. I hate monsters."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2013, 12:36:23 pm »

-I've been t-told that the m-monsters like dark places and that t-they come out at n-night.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2013, 12:38:26 pm »

" They're tough but they're not invincible. Next time we'll be better prepared. "
Caine's law.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Loud Staccatos and Long Rests
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2013, 11:28:42 pm »

Seeing as twenty turn days have won out, time is officially in. It can change if it's too fast though, but I think it should work, and if not we can just change it to something else.

Dusk: 1/5

[Commercial District]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Outskirts]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Fatigue will slowly go away at a notch per turn out of combat. There are actions and objects that can hasten this. Actual health though raises much slower, at a click per day period, and taps out at healthy.]

Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:57:03 am by Xanmyral »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Dire Wounds and Questionable Torches
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2013, 11:42:00 pm »

See if I can walk. Look for medical supplies.

There was a reason why I tried to stab the thing.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:50:14 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33