Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 57794 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:40:37 pm »

SURVIVAL AT ITS FINEST
@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@
Act 1: Rub That Sun Outta Your Eyes

--Prelude--

"No one's really sure what happened. That's the only clear message that has been given during this whole crisis. Nobody knows a goddamned thing, everybody's scared, and people are dying in droves. Some say it's a riot, people finally having had enough or maybe a militant group that had buried itself deep enough to not be found and is finally attacking. Others insist its disease, people doing their best to stay away from the sick as to not contaminate themselves with the deadly disease. A few speak in hushed whispers saying that the city was attacked by another city, bombing their home with chemicals or biological weapons, maybe even radioactive warheads. The last claim is often unsettling to the others in this shelter, none really sure if the thick metal walls would be enough to avoid dying from radiation poisoning nor if they have enough food to outlast such an event. Everyone can only agree on that a disaster struck of some kind however, that chaos ensued and death soon followed by the legions. People occupied themselves with these conspiracies of doom to whittle away the time as they hoped for rescue. Weeks have passed, and no help has come, no news, and food is starting to dwindle."

"Who are you? Some unfortunate fool who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, or perhaps the right place at the right time as you've all managed to make it into the shelter. Maybe you were average, not so average, good, bad, tax payer, tax dodger... Nothing matters anymore now. Nothing but survival, and this will be its truest test. Only those who have mastered it at its finest will survive, only those who understand survival at its finest."

--Situation--

You're a survivor in a city that has had shit hit the fan quickly and thoroughly. You've survived with other survivors in an enclosed bunker for weeks, and now that food is running down they need people to find more, find other survivors maybe, get news. The only clear thing is that staying there isn't a good idea anymore as the idea of rescue is becoming more and more slim.

--Setting--

Far in the future, when the grasp of humanity has exceeded that of Earth, a second rush for expansion took place. Exoduses took place to the far corners of space, but the ability to terraform planets still laid outside of humanities reach. They could create cities on the planet that could sustain human life, but the art of turning a planet itself into something hospitable always seemed to be a hurdle just a touch farther than they predict. Each time they pass an obstacle, another rears its head. Each time they climb a mountain, another even higher one is presented. Disheartened but not giving up, humanity instead took to whatever means they could to live beyond the Earth. Settlements grew on ships, planets, wherever people found it to be profitable or plausible. Great city-ships were created, each an almost self-sustaining community in its own right. This story takes place on one such ship...

--Brass Tacks--
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

TL;DR:
Try to survive a post-apocalypse event that happened on a giant space ship.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:39:07 am by Xanmyral »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Profiles and Directory
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:42:31 pm »

--Character List--

Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)

--Waitlist--

Spoiler: Jack Mason; Nunzillor (click to show/hide)

--Obituary--

Vacancy

--Directory--

Spoiler: Directory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:40:15 am by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Recruiting
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 06:57:47 pm »

Name: Frogdo Badtirigidon

Attribute: IRONMAN (Can choose self/ally/object to not be destroyed this turn)

Short Description: He's a short dude with curly brown hair, spiky stubble, and heterochromatic eyes - blue and brown.

Short Bio: Maaaaaan, he was a dude who came from the streets, maaaaan, and he was angry and resentful and stuff, maaaaan. He's a survivor because he, like, KNOWS da streetz, maaaaan.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:56:19 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:18:30 pm »

Name: Freddie Firenzo

Attribute: Inspiration: +1 to all allies, plus yourself, next turn.

Short Description: a somewhat small man, balding, wears glasses and possesses a pencil mustache. Covers up encroaching baldness with a clearly stolen trilby and hides rather unimposing physique behind a somewhat oversized pastel blue tuxedo.

Short Biography: despite the rather dire nature of the situation, Freddie is quite glad, all in all, that whatever happened happened. He was in the middle of contemplating suicide when the sirens came, trying to decide upon a good method to carry out a deed. However, evacuation put a stop to that kind of thinking, and Freddie rather appreciates the circumstances due to this. Why, he could make off with an entire tuxedo and hat in the chaos, and nobody noticed. For him, this whole apocalypse thing is kind of a definite improvement, really. Certainly an opportunity to reinvent himself, find some sort of track to get his life onto at last.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 07:47:29 pm »

Alright, that be two sheets down.

This thread is effectively an OOC or discussion thread or some such for now, so any comments, concerns, questions, or advice for a fledgling? I'll probably be tinkering around with the first post.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 07:49:31 pm »

Will the characters be starting off in one group or seperate? I'm just curious at the moment.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 07:56:14 pm »

I'm open to ideas if someone wants to start outside the bunker, I'm shooting for having the Event being something that's revealed later, so being from the outside is plausible but you wouldn't know too much more than those from the bunker.

EDIT: That's not to say you wouldn't know more however, if you've been living outside somehow you'd definitely have some idea.

Of course how it starts doesn't mean that's how it will be for the game, I'd honestly be surprised if everyone stayed in one large group.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:58:42 pm by Xanmyral »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 08:07:43 pm »

Reserve. Character incoming after dinner and homework.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 08:20:18 pm »

Reserving too. Knowing you, Xanmyral, this game is promising.

Will edit this post into a sheet.

EDIT:
Name: Randall Steward
Attribute: Intimidation
Short Description: a short and filthy dark-haired individual. His back is always slightly bended fowards, which gives him the impression of being a hunchback. Actually, he stays like that to remain unseen.
Short Biography: Randall's parents abandoned him when he was but a a kid. He survived in the streets pretty much as a rat, stealing food and hiding. Treated by everybody as scum, he never found a way to integrate into society and kept living with low standards.

Damn, we all choose backgrouds with elements in common.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 08:27:04 pm »

Hah, glad to know I make an impression of sorts. I'll give it my best shot.

Hm... Shit I didn't think of how many I should let in. Uh... Six. Six sounds like a good number. That number will probably change as time goes by and I know my limits better, but the system is relatively simple so I don't think I should have a problem with six, hopefully even letting more in later.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Recruiting [2/6]
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 08:39:51 pm »

Can I claim the color purple beforehand? (if we happen to use colors) Becase I tend to stick to one color to use for all my characters, just for organization.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Recruiting [2/6]
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 08:42:33 pm »

Sure, no problem with that. People can use colors if they like, or however other way they might want to indicate things, or nothing at all if they wish. The only real restriction is that it can't be hard/annoying to read, but I imagine that goes without saying.

EDIT: Figure I should state for those who made characters before the edit, you can make up your own attribute if you like, as really what I got is pretty few. Subject to my say so though, I'm trying to keep them at least somewhat in line and may tweak things if I think it too strong or too weak.

Right now for instance I'm thinking of changing 'enemy' to 'individual/group you wish' to give it a bit more flexibility, similarly with Inspiration.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:51:39 pm by Xanmyral »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Recruiting [3/6]
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 11:01:45 pm »

Just saying, purple is hard to see in darkling. Not impossible, with highlighting, but it's just an FYI.

PTW, if not enough have joined by a certain time tomorrow I'll make a character.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 11:54:43 pm »

I think I want In on this. I'll  make a sheet in the morning when my  brain works again
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 08:34:10 am »

Inspector Marion Dupont
A tall, commanding woman, previously an investigator in Ship Enforcement. After the warning sirens she moved in an orderly fashion to the nearest bunker. Her goals are: A. Find out if her daughter is safe. B. Get to the bottom of what's going on.
Attribute: Hammerer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33