Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 58181 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: The Beginning
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 05:21:19 pm »

Pick up kit and apply it, double-checking the mouth-seal.

"What do we know about what's going on out there? Any leads?" asks Marion over the comm, checking the chatter frequency is set correctly. "Oh and what part of the ship are we going to exit out on?"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 05:23:58 pm »

Put on kit, and make my clothes looked messed up. Don't want other survivors targeting the man in the business suit.

"So, who all is going?"
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »

((For clarification: there is a box of each color for each of us, right?))
Each crate is chalk full of the stuff, neatly packed and organized. More than enough for all of the group, would be enough if there was maybe three or four times as many people organized than the ten or so there in the office.

For those of you that put your kit on:

The comm unit went on easy enough, attaching to your ear and providing an invasive feeling as it got comfortable. Soon there was a soft click only audible to you in your ear, signifying it was working as a small black band extended near your mouth. The contacts went on similarly easy, at first doing nothing until you felt the invasive feeling coming back.

There was a slight flash in your vision before you see blue words float in front of you listing all of the objectives in bullet point, before minimizing into the upper right corner. Some locational words were underlined as if they could be expanded upon.
Spoiler: Objectives (click to show/hide)
Next the phrase "initializing map" appeared before also minimizing and relocating itself below the objectives. There also seems to be an options menu in the lower left corner of your vision.
Spoiler: Options (click to show/hide)

The mask however proved more of a challenge. Following as instructed, there was a hiss as it adhered to your face and seemed to suck the air out of your lungs for a second before pushing it back in. You find you can breathe, even speak normally in the mask with little muffling or discomfort. The black band had slipped inside of the mask.

Harvey picks up his kit and puts it on.

"Any weapons? Other survivors might not be happy to see us."
The Enforcer addressed Harvey first. "Munitions and arms are scarce and more needed to maintain order down here. Survivors are to be dealt with as the situation determines, if they need to be put down for your safety do so. I've no doubt in your abilities to obtain weaponry above ground but I can see what we can offer." With that the man glanced at one of the ever present Enforcer guards, and sensing his intent saluted and left the room.

Pick up kit and apply it, double-checking the mouth-seal.

"What do we know about what's going on out there? Any leads?" asks Marion over the comm, checking the chatter frequency is set correctly. "Oh and what part of the ship are we going to exit out on?"
Next the man turned his gaze to Marion, and as he spoke his voice took on a more respectful tone due to her previous position. "Several hull breaches have been documented during the event, most in the maintenance quarters or slums, however by now they've probably been sealed and the rooms pressurized again. Most of the intact equipment doesn't detect anything beyond the normal background radiation, but we may of just been lucky. Other than that, you know as much as we do. There were three entrances and exits to the bunker from the three main sectors of the living quarters, unfortunately the one to the slums have collapsed, most likely due to whatever caused the hull breach."

Put on kit, and make my clothes looked messed up. Don't want other survivors targeting the man in the business suit.

"So, who all is going?"
Lastly the man narrowed his eyes at Samuel as his tone reverted to his usual gruff. "Supposedly all of you, otherwise why would you be here wasting my time?"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:45:30 am by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 06:07:21 pm »

Randall quickly leaned towards the boxes and grabbed a kit, then put it on, while carefully eyeing everybody else. He remained at some distance from the rest.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 06:12:38 pm »

"Alright. Let's do this."

Get ready to move out.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 06:17:08 pm »

Randall follows the group, but stays behind everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 06:22:18 pm »

Marion looks around at the scruffy men she's been sent out with.

"Okay I'm pretty sure I've seen some of you down the cells at one time or other but if we're going to survive we've got to put the past behind us and work together. If everyone's got their things lets move out!"

Start towards exit.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »

[Think I'll wait until Xantalos, Harry, and Patrick do/ask all they want to do/ask before leaving. As said below, you guys won't be returning for a while so I think it wouldn't be fair to move on without their input in some way. Once you guys get out turns will be more individual so you won't have to wait on anyone anymore.]

The Enforcer looked at those getting ready to leave. "I'd make sure you're completely ready before you head out. Discuss amongst yourselves which exit you wish to take, one leads to the mercantile sector, the other to the outskirts. You won't be able to get back in unless conditions are extremely hazardous or we deem it safe, so you will be left in the cold." The middle-aged man gave ran his mechanical eyes over everyone once more. "Protocols are protocols, the doors' are hardwired to stay shut for an hour after closing."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 07:14:57 pm »

Start talking "Well, I think there would be more stuff to be found in the mercantile district that would be useful, so I think we should exit there. Any other ideas?"

Ask the Enforcer "You said we can't have weapons, but what about melee weapons? You got any spare lengths of pipe or wood or things like that lying around?"
Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 07:16:47 pm »

Randall dared to speak in front of the rest of the group:

The mercantile sector should have more people. People tends to be hostile when desperate. I-I wouldn't risk going there withouth something sharp between me and them.

He then stepped back and resumed his usual eyeing and examining from the distance.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 07:35:45 pm »

Ask the Enforcer "You said we can't have weapons, but what about melee weapons? You got any spare lengths of pipe or wood or things like that lying around?"

The man sighed as he sat down in his chair at the desk, no longer wishing to bother with the the effort to stand. "I just sent someone to see what we could round up. He should be back with whatever he finds after a time. Supplies are spread thin so don't expect much however, everything we give you is something we have to make due without. At the least we might be able to spare some knives, but I don't do inventory so I don't know what all we have free. I'm expecting he'll meet you at the fork in the tunnels by the exits if he finds anything."

[If they haven't made a response or so in two and a half hours, I'll move you guys along and assume they nabbed the kit.]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:39:14 pm by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »

((Sorry, was busy.))
Frogdo, after spending several minutes staring at the amazing gear he was being given, gear he'd never seen before on da streetz, puts on the gear, checking to make sure it's unbroken, and then goes along with the group, muttering about The Man bringing the dude down, maan.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 03:02:32 am »

Harvey smiles.

" I'm good to go once the guard is back. He might have a toy for us.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 03:30:41 am »

Walk on to the fork, keeping a careful eye on the ruffians in the party.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »

Noticing the groups intent to leave, and seeing no other questions, the leader dismissed the group. As you all walk through the door an enforcer is waiting for you. "I've been instructed to guide you to the exits, follow me if you would." The guard, seeming to be one to put words into action, set off in front of the group and led the way.

The hallways along the way were empty except for the dull steel walls that every accompany the group, with the occasional rusted bolt from lack of proper maintenance and attention. Harsh lights were suspended from the ceiling every so yards giving the way an uneven lighting, with some spots being dim and others much too bright. Beyond the footfalls of the group it was silent except for the ever present hum, until the guard spoke up. "I'm not sure what the boss told you, but I wanted to personally thank you all. It's no small task you're taking up and it means a lot to all of us. I know that he can seem cold at times but he's been under a lot of pressure lately, so try not to hold that against him if you could."

Being away from the others the guard was more casual in step and tone, even smiling. "Some of you may not feel like you have much choice in the matter here, and I don't blame you really, but we'll be rooting and supporting you guys however we can from in here. Best of luck, from all of us." As the man finished he went back to his formal manner as a four way junction neared ahead, each of the other three corridors stretching on for a good ways with one being completely dark.

A guard, the same one who went on the behest of his commanding officer earlier to search for weapons, was smoking as he leaned against a wall with a large bundle next to him. He stubbed the embers into a nearby wall and stood at attention. "About time." The man tersely spoke as he knelt down and opened the bundle to reveal several objects. In all there seemed to be six knives and three clubs. The knives were simple, being little more than blackened blades and nondescript textured handles with sheathes.

The clubs were more interesting however, appearing to be things cobbled together under a watchful eye. Each of them consisted of a metal stick that had been given a makeshift leather handle and a large steel head with bolts attached it to the frame, giving it the look of an old kind of mace. "Acquisitions." One of the maces had an old dry red spot on its handle.

Both of the guards watched the group expectantly. "After you gather your gear you have two paths, the commercial district or the edge of town. We've been given clearance and instruction to open either, or both, doors."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:45:44 am by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33