Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 58187 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Friday Updates R Us
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2013, 09:00:12 am »

((Someone who is not busy like me answer Marion, please))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2013, 10:34:10 am »

"How's it looking your side?" says Marion over the comms. "I've not seen a soul, but I've found evidence that people were taken to the Hanger. I'm patching the locale through to you. That near where you are?"

"I still don't know who you are! But to answer your question, we did meet people and beat the living daylights out of them - they were stupid and they smelled bad, you see. Now we're aiming to hit up the hydroponics section."

Addendum: follow Frogdo, head off to hydroponics, gaze carefully around the area in the process.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2013, 11:29:12 am »

"It's Marion Dupont, Inspector Marion Dupont. I'm a part of your investigation party. I don't know why you all head to the commercial district," says Marion "Anyway, I'm at this subway."

She sends her location on the mini-map to the rest of the party.

"I'm close to Maintenance and from there I can get to Engineering but I want one of you to follow up this Hangar lead if you're close by. For now, I'm just seeing if the trains are running."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2013, 11:46:14 am »

"It's Marion Dupont, Inspector Marion Dupont. I'm a part of your investigation party. I don't know why you all head to the commercial district," says Marion "Anyway, I'm at this subway."

She sends her location on the mini-map to the rest of the party.

"I'm close to Maintenance and from there I can get to Engineering but I want one of you to follow up this Hangar lead if you're close by. For now, I'm just seeing if the trains are running."

"If you're in our investigation party, why aren't you a part of our investigation party? Sounds a bit fishy to me. And what are you doing looking at trains? We're supposed to be looking for food and water first and foremost. And here you're asking one of us to split off from the group and go, completely alone, to this suspicious hangar that people apparently disappeared in."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:47:31 pm by Harry Baldman »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2013, 04:13:38 pm »

Marion breathes a long exasperated sigh.

"Listen here punk, I was there with the others at the beginning and you know it. I've got a lead to where there are survivors. Rescuing survivors is one of our goals. If I can get a train running we can all get around the city much quicker: it'll take us days to get anywhere as it is. Is one of you chumps gonna co-operate or do I have to do everything myself?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2013, 08:00:36 am »

Marion breathes a long exasperated sigh.

"Listen here punk, I was there with the others at the beginning and you know it. I've got a lead to where there are survivors. Rescuing survivors is one of our goals. If I can get a train running we can all get around the city much quicker: it'll take us days to get anywhere as it is. Is one of you chumps gonna co-operate or do I have to do everything myself?"

"There's plenty o' survivors as-is, and we probably need food and water before we should do any rescuing - got nowhere to put the whole lot of 'em otherwise. And really, if you want people to help you out, why run off to God knows where on your own? Ain't really sound judgment and all that. Smacks of poor organization. I mean, at least take some other schmuck with you if you're gonna go adventuring. Anyhow, at least two of us are going off to hydroponics, maybe one of the three can help, unless they're too lazy to walk all that way for ya."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Where Dice Hate The Players
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2013, 12:57:05 am »

[Dice, you never do what I expect you to. I really need to stop expecting things.
Also, to make up for lack of updates, expect another Mechanic's Corner coming up.
Sorry if this isn't up to par as per my usual, but I needed to get something out here.]

[Commercial District]
Spoiler: Group A (click to show/hide)
[Outskirts]
Spoiler: Group B (click to show/hide)

[I should probably say, only small or natural weapons can be used in a grapple or pinned state, and the clubs are medium sized. Thankfully, so is its machete.
Also boo, I'm sure this was obvious though.]
Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:52:40 am by Xanmyral »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2013, 03:33:56 am »

Oh no! thought Marion, this man is dangerously unwell.

Marion tries to reverse the grapple on the man, restraining him like she's restrained so many perps before.

"Sir, I don't want to hurt you but you better drop the machete before I have to take more forceful action."

She leaves the comm link open so others can overhear her handling of the situation, though she knows she's too far away for back-up. Standard Ship Enforcement policy.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2013, 04:43:27 am »

" So where do you wanna check first Samuel? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2013, 07:06:00 am »

Randall laughed too, then put more pressure on the guy's throat-D-Don't try to be smart. T-That's not good for your life expectancy, no matter how low h-have they fallen. N-Now, tell me what happened. If you fare well enough there may be even a safe place at the b-bunker waiting for you.

OOC EDIT: I knew that this was a kind of pseudo-zombie apocalypse.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2013, 08:48:49 am »

"Ah. Sounds like the inspector lady is having trouble. I think we should go and help her, would be quite inconsiderate not to. Not to mention that her whole train idea now appears to have merit, oddly enough."

If Frogdo agrees, head down the long and winding road that leads to our brave, yet foolish inspector friend. If he does not, search for a maintenance outpost or something like it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Headbutts and Little Else
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2013, 10:27:02 pm »

[Do tell me if the black glow is hard to see, I can change it to red if there's visibility issues. Also damn, I didn't do that mechanic's corner, did I? That will be my next post.]

[Commercial District]
Spoiler: Group A (click to show/hide)
[Outskirts]
Spoiler: Group B (click to show/hide)

[Grapples are terrible things to be on the wrong end of. Pins especially, you really don't want to be in one. Also, in case it isn't noted by now, only PC's have the chance to crit. It's exclusively a player advantage. Well, okay, some enemies might, but those would be far, far off. Or very close depending on where you go.]
Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:52:57 am by Xanmyral »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2013, 11:26:09 pm »

"Let's check out the gun shop first, then we can check the general store." Investigate the Gun shop.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2013, 12:26:18 am »

Yeh, let's go assist that bitch respectable lady.

Go along with Freddie.

((Sorry, I was distract and forget.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2013, 07:51:06 am »

-W-What? W-What things are you talking about?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33