Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 58111 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Dance with Death
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2013, 12:51:49 am »

(( I'm guessing a close range surprise shot gets a bonus? ))

It knows you're there, so you can't really surprise it unless you stealth, but point blank shots are most definitely a thing.

Of course, enemies gain a bonus to hitting you at that range as well, hard to avoid getting your head bashed in when you're lining up a shot in short quarters after all.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2013, 12:54:29 am »

(( 4 meters should be far enough that it gets no advantage right? With 2 wounded legs and multiple other wounds it can't possibly turn, charge and strike fast enough to catch me off guard. ))
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:26:08 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2013, 01:37:10 am »

Point blank is more getting into a generic 'melee range' than a requisite distance. I'd say at 4 meters you're far enough that you wouldn't get point blank however, that's more like a meter to a meter and a half at max if you're wanting a specific distance.

Admittedly melee range and point blank range would all be variable in real life, but I'm honestly not keeping specific distances beyond 'melee' and 'not melee' so as to keep things simple. Well, that and distances that would require a bit of time to get to, in case of snipers or so such, but that's not really feasible here.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:38:43 am by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2013, 02:47:36 am »

Yo Freddie, I got some oil here.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2013, 05:37:05 am »

(( Ok, but wouldn't 4 meters be point flank with a gun? At that range by the time you hear the click of the trigger the bullet has already hit you. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2013, 05:57:53 am »

Randall told Wilmer:

-T-Thanks, for that. I-I don't know what is dangerous and what isn't anymore. I-I will make the door open.

He then recieved the message, and said to Wilmer:

-Hold on, m-my partners are talking to me.

He then said thorugh the comm:

((To: everyone.))

-B-black monsters? Get the h-hell away from them unless you want to become one of them. The shots c-came from your position, r-right? Those things don't die if you hit the head, so there's no p-point in shooting them.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2013, 05:59:39 am »

" The thing is damned fast we ain't out running it. How the hell do we put it down? "
Caine's law.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2013, 06:03:52 am »

((Again a public conversation:))

-M-Maul it beyond recognition. B-Beat the hell out of it hoping that it can't m-move its limbs anymore, I can only t-think of that. And get away from the black smoke, it makes you one of t-them.

((I said it before and I say it again: we have to play this like Dead Space. But with melee weapons. Damn, this surely is a hardcore game))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2013, 06:05:59 am »

(( So far this thing has very bad luck dealing with knives and muscle damage seems to work. ))
Caine's law.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2013, 06:08:50 am »

((Bad luck, yes. Reliable, not. If the damage had been dealt with a machete or hatchet, the limb would have been pretty much severed))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2013, 06:09:50 am »

(( When skill fails I'll take luck. Beats being dead. ))
Caine's law.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2013, 12:10:44 am »

(( Ok, but wouldn't 4 meters be point flank with a gun? At that range by the time you hear the click of the trigger the bullet has already hit you. ))
It's less dodging the bullet and more dodging the trigger finger, really. Being point blank just means, in this system, that you're within melee range and the opponent has trouble getting out of the way of fire, more than they already had even from a distance.

What you're talking about is actually already represented in the general +1 guns have, which generally represents the fact that you're trying to dodge a guy trying to shoot you, and trying to not get hurt from a bullet hitting you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2013, 03:39:23 am »

Yo Freddie, I got some oil here.

"Sweet. I can work with that."

Incorporate Frogdo's oil into my torchmaking plans.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Dire Wounds and Questionable Torches
« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2013, 05:00:07 am »

New stuff! Fancy health paint graphics! Similarly (I hope at least) readable as the prior text version, but takes me practically little to no time to set up! Also looks better, in my opinion.

On the time poll: Seems some people want twenty turn days, and some want forty turn days. I can see merit in both, personally. Any arguments for one over the other?

[Commercial District]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC Death Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:56:48 am by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2013, 06:25:45 am »

Randall told Wilmer:

-T-They are my partners! They are f-fighting one of those things!

((Public chat))

-A-Are you still ok?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33