Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 58237 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Closets: He Didn't Die A Glorious Death
« Reply #285 on: December 01, 2013, 08:08:50 am »

Randall told Wilmer:

-I-I found a rubber glove. I'm gonna t-try to open this.

Put on glove, try to open the door. If it fails somehow, grab a kitchen knife with the hand with the glove and cut the cable. Check whatever is on the room

((Just out of curiosity, Xanmyral, can we assume that our footwear are made out of rubber? (in the base, I mean, the part that makes contact with the floor)))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2013, 01:34:37 pm »

((Wait a minute. We're apparently on a spaceship. Couldn't we set it up so that the sun never sets?))

Entirely. You could make it vise versa even. Hell, you could make it rain or snow every day if you wanted. The main contingent on that is getting to the controls however.

((Just out of curiosity, Xanmyral, can we assume that our footwear are made out of rubber? (in the base, I mean, the part that makes contact with the floor)))

Your current footwear have soles made of a poly-constructed material that's more akin to a pliable plastic than rubber. It'll last you longer, but it'll conduct electricity and melt. Rubber work boots can probably be found if looked for in the right places though.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:41:31 pm by Xanmyral »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Electric Traps and Electric People
« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2013, 06:42:56 am »

Marion patches a comm through into the shelter.

"This is Dupont, Inspector Marion Dupont of Shop Enforcement. I'm at the Outskirts entrance, area is clear. Open up and let me in."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 02, 2013, 06:47:12 am »

Your current footwear have soles made of a poly-constructed material that's more akin to a pliable plastic than rubber. It'll last you longer, but it'll conduct electricity and melt. Rubber work boots can probably be found if looked for in the right places though.
((Not that I need it now, but if they had been made out of rubber I would have pulled many shenanigans regarding electricity. Because disarming an electric trap with your boots beats even Mc Gyver))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 02, 2013, 04:09:38 pm »

Sneak first.

Sneak!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2013, 03:00:12 pm »

Sneakety sneak! Hopefully toward the store! Try quietly determining things about the inside of the store.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Attack of the Ones!
« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2013, 02:30:20 am »

[Next turn is night time, and an inordinate amount of ones this turn. I think I only got one six, which is a stark reversal from how it was going for a while.

Few things of note: Cleaned up mechanics on the first page, and reworked how food works. I'd just suggest looking at it there as it explains it in a nice and tidy way, I think. Basically though: food relates to health regeneration/degradation and affects you at the passing of a period of the day, such as next turn.

Hopefully this late update is legible. If something seems weird, just ask and I'll clarify tomorrow when I'm awake.]

Dusk 5/5

[Commercial District]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Outskirts]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:58:08 am by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 04, 2013, 06:06:12 am »

Grab all the food, then look for a meat cleaver, while I say:

-I-It should be time to get into the shelter. I will call the other t-two to see why the heck are they not here yet.

((Public conversation:))

-Harvey and S-Samuel, this is Randall. What the f-fuck are you doing? We are riskying being attacked if you don't come.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 04, 2013, 06:20:13 am »

(( So it ate the rifle to make the scope? Because the idea was for it just to fit the scope to the rifle. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 04, 2013, 06:29:08 am »

Marion salutes to the Enforcer.

"Well met. If someone can fix me up some dinner, I've got a full report to give before I bunk down. None of the others back yet?"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 04, 2013, 07:31:58 am »

"Harvey you done yet? Because we should head back."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2013, 07:48:23 am »

"That's a very good rule you have. I'd hate to get killed for looking inside a store. I've got a warning for you guys - there's something sleeping inside this store, and, according to this one holo-ad that apparently lives here, you rooting around the place has a good chance of waking whatever it is up. Now, it could be another holo-ad or it could be some kind of security system. Maybe it could even be some kinda monster. Anyhow, thought you should know before you get too carried away."

Warn these dudes. They're okay people, seems like.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2013, 09:50:24 am »

(( So it ate the rifle to make the scope? Because the idea was for it just to fit the scope to the rifle. ))

Yep.

The machine only had the one entrance, where the materials get fed into it, so that's where the rifle went to go through the machine. The machine can't add/edit/mess with already existing stuff, just take base materials and weave it into things. So when the rifle got put where the raw materials went, things went crunch.

Marion salutes to the Enforcer.

"Well met. If someone can fix me up some dinner, I've got a full report to give before I bunk down. None of the others back yet?"

[Guard text changed from green to green glow to prevent confusion.]

"Sure thing." The enforcer thumped her compatriot on the shoulder, startling him out of attention
"Hey, look useful and radio ahead."
"Yes ma'am." He stalked off a few feet and put a finger to his ear, grumbling to himself.

"Nah, if they had we haven't heard at least. So you're the first to make it back from the outside. Well, 'outside.'" She air-quoted the word. "Anyway, looks like you've made it out alright if your still in one piece, how are things out there--bad as they say? And uh... What's with all the weapons there, expecting to go to war?"

"That's a very good rule you have. I'd hate to get killed for looking inside a store. I've got a warning for you guys - there's something sleeping inside this store, and, according to this one holo-ad that apparently lives here, you rooting around the place has a good chance of waking whatever it is up. Now, it could be another holo-ad or it could be some kind of security system. Maybe it could even be some kinda monster. Anyhow, thought you should know before you get too carried away."

Warn these dudes. They're okay people, seems like.

"What can I say, life ain't easy after dark, so petty stuff hasta go to the wayside for survival. Now... Holo-ad?"
"Chased it out. Annoying."
"Ah, right, guy with the suit'n'briefcase. Also, stop with that reticent crap; what do you think you are, some broodin' anti-hero? Just 'cause you got the sword don't make it true."
"But boss-"
"Be sociable, we got guests."
"Fine..." Chin glowered as he looked over his makeshift sword, mumbling something about prophecies.

"Anyhows, thanks for the warning there, Trilby. Me, Chin, 'n Lunk are grateful for that--Right?"
"Right." "Right."
"Right. We didn't see anyone else in the store though, and didn't find any tails of anyone else either. Suit'n'briefcase said something about waking up some coworker, but we figured him nuts. 'Cept... Chin, didn't you find that locked door? We was looking for a key to open it but found nothing. Rule six." Boss nodded and the three spoke in unison, although quietly.
"Let sleeping dogs lay."
"Let sleeping dogs lay."
"Let sleeping dogs lay."

"We'll probably jus' leave that door be then, chances are that might be where it is maybe. No use chancin', though I don' believe the circuits'fer'brains much myself. So, you two gonna stand out there or come in; I ain't cruel enough to send fellas out into the dark. No use makin' more of the things out there, know?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 04, 2013, 09:58:16 am »

((That was just a mini-update? It is amazing!))

((Can I have a small one too?))

Inspect the battery. Determine if it has any wires still attached to it, and if it has a way to be turned on and off. Without touching it.

((Who wants to guess what I'm going to do with that battery?))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 04, 2013, 10:28:57 am »

Marion walks and talks.

"Things are bad out there yeah. Lots of infrastructure damage, empty streets, signs of—" and here her voice wavers a little, "—kidnapping, but that's not the worst of it. I was attacked by a man that should have been dead."

She lets the words sink in.

"He had a bullet hole right here," and she points at her head, "and he was spitting black ash all over the place. I tried to restrain him bit he just kept going. It's possible this might have happened to more people. You ask if I'm preparing for a war, but frankly, it's already begun."

Marion points at her head-set.

"From the comms it sounds like the others met with more people, I think we'll easily be able to reach hydroponics tomorrow."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33