Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 58127 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Attack of the Ones!
« Reply #300 on: December 04, 2013, 10:48:04 am »

Find a rifle that fits the ammo I have for it, construct it then fit the scope and head outside. (( Best one I have enough material for. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 04, 2013, 10:55:53 am »

((Don't you want to say: "get back to the shelter". At least answer me. I am still waiting you outside))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2013, 04:36:34 pm »

((Don't you want to say: "get back to the shelter". At least answer me. I am still waiting you outside))
Who is this to?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2013, 04:48:48 pm »

Who is this to?
Grab all the food, then look for a meat cleaver, while I say:

-I-It should be time to get into the shelter. I will call the other t-two to see why the heck are they not here yet.

((Public conversation:))

-Harvey and S-Samuel, this is Randall. What the f-fuck are you doing? We are riskying being attacked if you don't come.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »

" Hang on both of you I'm almost done, couple minutes tops. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »

"We found some sort of gun making machine, we'll be out in a minute."

To Harvey: "Harvey, let's go, we can come back here tomorrow."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 04, 2013, 05:04:46 pm »

" I'm almost done hang on, if we run into more of them things I don't wanna have to try and knife fight it a second time. Your in no fit state to help me and I don't fancy taking it on up close alone. "
Caine's law.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 05, 2013, 01:40:45 am »

Turn tomorrow.

Inspect the battery. Determine if it has any wires still attached to it, and if it has a way to be turned on and off. Without touching it.

The battery is a square box with two small prongs coming out of the top, currently covered with a light and inconsistent covering of frost. It appears too small to be a car battery, but too large for conventional usage. Perhaps a motorcycle's battery? Another oddity with it is that batteries this size typically have an inhibitor on it, attaching to both of the prongs and giving a slot for output of electricity, to prevent accidental discharges, and safe shutdowns. This battery noticeably lacks any such device however.

The bare, frozen wires were only barley attached to the prongs. From the looks of it, they were haphazardly wrapped around it and by now the only thing keeping them from possibly slipping off is the thin layer of frost covering it. The wires themselves were stunted, having snapped when Randall opened the door.

Marion walks and talks.

"Things are bad out there yeah. Lots of infrastructure damage, empty streets, signs of—" and here her voice wavers a little, "—kidnapping, but that's not the worst of it. I was attacked by a man that should have been dead."

She lets the words sink in.

"He had a bullet hole right here," and she points at her head, "and he was spitting black ash all over the place. I tried to restrain him bit he just kept going. It's possible this might have happened to more people. You ask if I'm preparing for a war, but frankly, it's already begun."

Marion points at her head-set.

"From the comms it sounds like the others met with more people, I think we'll easily be able to reach hydroponics tomorrow."

The two follow Marion as she heads down the hallway towards the lift. When she finished the two enforcers were stunned into silence for a few moments until the female enforcer cursed.

"Shit, sounds like something out of a bad horror film or something. I mean, black ash? The heck does that do?" The enforcer shook her head in near disbelief.
"You hear some bad rumors out there, but I guess that's better than some of them." She shrugged. "Kinda. Makes me glad I'm not out there at least."
"The Sergeant will probably want to hear this if he hasn't already." The other enforcer interjected.
"Chances are they already know. Maybe always knew." The casual door guard shrugged and dug into a pocket on her belt, retrieving a nicstick and a lighter.
"You know we aren't suppose to smoke on duty..."
"What, you gonna tell on me or something?" She elbowed him with a grin as she lit the cig.
"No." The enforcer sighed and mumbled to himself, but his companion either didn't heed or pay attention.
"Good, cause we'd be having a long talk at home otherwise." She joked with him. "Now cheer up and stop being so serious, your starting to make me think you need this more than me."

The male enforcer, instead of replying to his companion, simply changed the subject. "You really think you can reach hydroponics tomorrow? That's great! Did you manage to commandeer a car or bike? Maybe a working train? If our subway systems still worked that would be great news."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 05, 2013, 03:16:03 am »

"The subways didn't look safe but maybe the others have had more luck. Now I've assessed the risk I think vehicular travel will be safe. Take me up to the Sergeant: I want to hear what he knows about this."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 05, 2013, 03:34:09 am »

Glad t' take shelter, mate. Thanks.

Head inside.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 05, 2013, 05:59:53 am »

"Yeah, we're both glad. Thanks for the kind offer."

Head inside. Wonder about store security systems - what do I know about them? I must have heard something about that kind of thing, news from way back before shit hit the fan on this whole ship-place-station-whatever.

"We are gonna keep watch, right? Maybe what's behind that locked door is a former employee, if you know what I mean, in which case it should probably not have that much trouble getting out if it really wants to."

"Also, you guys know anything about hydroponics? Kinda hoping to look into all that tomorrow."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2013, 06:10:07 am »

To harvey and Samuel:

-W-We just can't wait any longer. It's already n-night. Those things come out at night. The more time you s-stay there, the more p-probabilities of one of those things coming after you. That m-machine will be there tomorrow.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Survival At Its Finest: Umbral Tidings To Thee, Survivors
« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2013, 02:39:00 am »

Editing inventories is starting to become a nightmare now that people are starting to get a good stock of stuff, so I'm thinking of moving inventories to individual pastebins. Yes/no?

On the plus, it would make listing traits of items quite simple along with the editing of inventories. Profiles look tidier too.
Con side though, harder to get at from the updates than currently, and if pastebin goes down the inventories get funked in a very disco kind of way.

Anyway, do remind me if I forget to update inventories. Happens at times, I try to keep them current though. And to log updates in the directory.

Night 1/5

[Commercial District]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Bunker]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:58:21 am by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2013, 05:59:32 am »

Randall was pissed off:

-We are g-getting back. those b-bastards decided that making weapons to f-fight whatever comes out is night is more important t-than avoiding them. Try to not make much noise.

Sneak to the shelter, request to be let in.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 06, 2013, 07:32:58 am »

Head for the entrance to the shelter.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:28:14 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33