Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 58166 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Attack of the Ones!
« Reply #315 on: December 06, 2013, 07:42:00 am »

Don't make it, join Samuel and leave to head for the shelter. Look out for any metal I can fit in my bag on the way back and take it.

"Ok all done, if you hadn't argued so much I'd have been done sooner."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:54:56 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 06, 2013, 07:51:10 am »

"Leave off the poor guy, man. He's confused. Maybe we can explain all this to him," Freddie says, turning to Briefcase.

"Calm down! We can resolve this issue! You just need to listen to me!"

Try to get Briefcase's attention.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 06, 2013, 12:32:48 pm »

I'll leave ya's to that, Freddie.
Yo dude, what were those rules you had?

Inquire about rules.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Umbral Tidings To Thee, Survivors
« Reply #318 on: December 06, 2013, 11:38:18 pm »

[Turn tomorrow 'cause snow and sleep deprivation. Have miniturn.]

"Leave off the poor guy, man. He's confused. Maybe we can explain all this to him," Freddie says, turning to Briefcase.

"Calm down! We can resolve this issue! You just need to listen to me!"

Try to get Briefcase's attention.

"Ghostie is trying to kick us out on the streets so things will eat us and turn into them, I don't think that qualifies him as a 'poor guy.' Tried explainin' things to him, didn't work, if you want to give it a shot though, all yours." Boss went back to inspecting the red suit, holding it up and inspecting a nearby mirror.

The holo huffed and fully stepped into the store, not looking very happy at all.
"How can I calm down when there's hoodlum-gangster-street rats trying to pillage my poor store? I'm just trying to run an honest business here, is that so wrong that people have to barge in, take clothes, move stuff around like they own the place and then not even deign me important to talk to? They tried to make me buy some story about 'monsters' and a collapse, but anyone with eyes can see that isn't right. Just look around!" Briefcase gestured in exasperation, then crossed his arms with a 'humph.'
"If you could kindly get these three to kindly remove themselves from my kindly little store, then I would be most appreciative."

He seems to be listening at the least.

I'll leave ya's to that, Freddie.
Yo dude, what were those rules you had?

Inquire about rules.

Boss happily explained, glad to be given an actual reason to ignore Briefcase.

"When the ship collapsed, I knew that if me an' my pals wanted to survive we had to forge a set of rules we wouldn't break less under the most dire of things. Considerin' we're still alive and kicking when the rest all up-and-died, can't say I was wrong, so call it a survival guide or something."
The man paused, then shrugged, continuing on.
"That, and it entertains us when we're bored, used to every second was taken up with something. Gotta do somethin' to keep us from gettin' bored, so rule talking and practice is something."
Boss withdrew a small notebook with a pen tied to it.
"Keep 'em all in here. I add some every now an' then when I think its warranted. Some groups just scrape by, others try to take over with bodies and guns, us? We got the rules, and its been working so far."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2013, 02:39:35 am »

"Right then. Sir, I have to ask you several things. For one, how many people have you seen walking around the streets these days? How did they look? Secondly, why do you think the authorities have not responded to your calls yet?"

Ask!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2013, 08:39:01 pm »

Turn Tonight

"Right then. Sir, I have to ask you several things. For one, how many people have you seen walking around the streets these days? How did they look? Secondly, why do you think the authorities have not responded to your calls yet?"

"I see quite a few users on the streets at times, and few users at other times, there's nothing strange about that. You users do tend to operate strange and varied hours amongst yourselves. How do they look? In need of a fine suit or hat at my store, that they pay for." Briefcase shoots a dirty look at Boss, who ignores him.
"I'm not to judge users' looks unless they need medical attention or have a dingy attire they call clothes."

The holo hesitated, then speaks in a lower tone, as if not wanting someone to overhear.
"...Although I do notice a lack of coordination in them at times, or strange costumes, attires, or augmentations like extra limbs. And tend to ignore me, or forget that I'm a hologram. But I've been told alcohol tends to do strange things to you users, and cybernetics is rather pervasive in you users..."
The holo pauses for a moment, not looking entirely sure, before hastily tacking on a comment.
"It's quite flattering to see some of you users wish to be like us, really."

"I'm sure the authorities are just busy at the moment and--and probably on their way as we speak. While I do not like to speak of suck matters, I know well enough that the ship isn't a peaceful place at times. After all, why would there be firewalls if there aren't viruses, or a user analog would be authorities without criminals? While I detest the idea, I know that a clothing store isn't high on a priority list. I'm sure they'll be here any minute."

"Why am I on trial here? These three have been pilfering and rearranging my store despite my protests and engaging in electronic discrimination, ignoring me just because I'm an AI! I'm not sick or bugged or anything, I assure you my code is up-to-date and virus free. Now please, if you all would move the shelves back where they were, put everything back, and just leave, we can forget all of this, and I can say it was a false alert when the enforcers come back. My coworker isn't well and he needs to rest until the manager returns, and him waking up to find the store being pilfered, rearranged, and slept in is not what I would consider rest."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:55:07 am by Xanmyral »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Survival At Its Finest: H̸ymņ
« Reply #321 on: December 08, 2013, 03:55:49 am »

Night 2/5

[Commercial District]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:58:32 am by Xanmyral »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: H̸ymņ
« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2013, 04:05:00 am »

Get down and be quiet.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2013, 04:24:42 am »

Move to a corner silently and draw the revolver. Make sure I have a clear line of sight on the door.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:25:28 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2013, 05:16:25 am »

((really sorry but not about today to give fuller response))

Marion, exhausted, quickly relays to the Sergeant what she said to the Enforcers before insisting on a ration and getting to sleep.

Thinking briefly and bitterly about her daughter's father, she finishes with the Sergeant, saying "And it's Ms, not Mrs."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 08, 2013, 09:15:40 am »

-It must be t-those things. We should stay silent.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 08, 2013, 11:05:10 am »

Head into the bunker.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 08, 2013, 11:21:37 am »

((We are all into the bunker. And there is a doctor waiting to help Samuel))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 08, 2013, 11:46:12 am »

[Rest of miniturn later, want to get this out there first though before life intervenes.]

-It must be t-those things. We should stay silent.
Move to a corner silently and draw the revolver.
Head into the bunker.

"What things?"

The helmeted enforcer sounded confused as he watched Harvey slink off to the corner with his revolver in hand, although the enforcer's response to it was blocked by his helmet. The nervous man's expression was more visible though, and he appeared much more agitated than he was prior at the sight of the gun. While holding the revolver was comforting to Harvey, he couldn't help but notice that the display showed it dry as a desert in terms of loaded ammunition.

Samuel, however, decided he's had more than enough of all of this. Lured by the thought of food and something warm to sleep on, he just trudged on past the group towards the lift down at the end of the sloped hall. The nervous man watched him go, looked at the first aid kit in his hands, and raced after the conductor.

"Wa-wait, aren't you the-the one who needed hel-help?"

Shortly after, the door to the side opened to reveal a more familiar face, the enforcer who had retrieved the group's weapons. When he shut the door to the control area, the inner door closed with a final thud, leaving the group with nothing but themselves.

"What made the noise?"

Wilmer had been openly staring at the armored enforcers, not paying anymore heed to what might be outside the bunker doors, and couldn't help but something out.

"Fuckin' enforcers... Shit, I thought you guys all bit it!"

"Survivor?"

"Fuck yes I'm a survivor, ready to join the bunker happily with open arms!" The abrasive man practically cheered.

Having looked the whole of the group over, primarily Samuel, Harvey, and Wilmer, and made an observation.
"I... Take it things didn't go as hoped outside the bunker. Either way, welcome back, your safe now with the doors closed. Those things are suppose to take a railed tank shell and show little more than a moderate dent."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 08, 2013, 12:00:24 pm »

" Thats good, I'm still keeping the weapons though. If those things out there find a way in here it's going to be a blood bath. "
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33