Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 58199 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: H̸ymņ
« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2013, 01:14:32 pm »

-W-We have plenty of information on t-those creatures. C-Can you take us to whoever is in charge of g-getting the report of what we saw?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2013, 07:09:04 pm »

((Sorry I missed stuff - bad memory and laziness do such to me.))

Get down and be silent and alert, mace at the ready.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2013, 02:23:41 am »

[Nah, no problem. Game updates slow so I understand missing it at times. Things should pick up in about a week or two, hopefully.

I will say that next Wednesday will be an assured mini-turn only day, or mechanic's corner if mini-turn isn't applicable for some reason.

Turn tomorrow though.]

Marion, exhausted, quickly relays to the Sergeant what she said to the Enforcers before insisting on a ration and getting to sleep.

Thinking briefly and bitterly about her daughter's father, she finishes with the Sergeant, saying "And it's Ms, not Mrs."

The Sergeant listens with rapt attention as you lay down some serious exposition on him, the man's face not betraying his thoughts. When you finished, the lead enforcer is quiet for a moment, his eyes locked onto Marion, unblinking due to the man's lack of eyelids. He straightened in his chair and finally spoke after the uncomfortable silence.

"Noted. I've been informed by Ari of something similar. Damage and possible plague or disease. Symptoms seem to be aggression, according to two sources now, and now a black ash, surviving possibly lethal wounds, and increased activity at night..." The man trailed off, both from who he was speaking to along with his volume until it rolled into muttering.

The Sergeant gave an irritated sigh and shuffled some papers around on the desk, regarding them for a moment before diverting his attention back to Marion.

"You're cleared for one ration and bunk. You, and the rest of the search group, get an allowance of one ration a day, along with rest at night, under the condition that you continue to bear results. However, the door is to remain closed from now on at night; I refuse to put thousands at risk for the lives of a few. No one is to speak of the plague nor those infected by it to any bunker civilian. You have an additional objective, I wish for the recovery of one of those effected by this plague. Alive, dead, I don't care, anything is better than what little information we have on it. You're dismissed."

With that, the Sergeants attention went went upwards, speaking into the air. "Ari, I want those instructions relayed to the others of Gamma." The enforcer went back to staring at the papers in front of him before a familiar monotone voice answered him, the man paying it little regard.

"Affirmative, Sergeant. Relaying now."

Marin noted a new objective was added to her HUD, along with a small text file situated between the map and options choices.

Get down and be silent and alert, mace at the ready.
Get down and be quiet.

The humming song raises in pitch, sways to and fro, to and fro. The voices of many conjoined to one, the volume deafening almost, but slowly it fades, growing dimmer with each passing movement. Boss watched the door warily, while Briefcase looked at everyone confused and disturbed. The holo stayed a good distance away from the walls leading outside.

Soon it was distant, who or whatever humming the hymn now far. A few voices could still be heard outside, but they were disconnected and disjointed, a dull buzz compared to the macabre song from before. Lunk and Chin cautiously walked into the room, their eyes glancing at the barred doors and windows every now and again. Boss was silent for a bit more, until finally the silence was broken by his whispering.

"Somethin' pissed them off. Or got their attention. Or... Something. Hell if I know. Been a long time since they did that. Months ago there used to be some enforcers holed up in their station. They'd conduct raids on the things, trying to clear a block house by house, you could see the fires from them burning the things from clear across the district..."

Boss trailed off, but Chin picked it back up. "They aren't there anymore. Whole building is gone. No one found inside, around, anywhere near it. Nobody." Chin's face fell as he spoke, growing quiet. "Nobody." Lunk patted the man on the shoulder, getting him to sit down as he stared at the door.

Boss looked to the two on the ground and knelt. He gave a glance to his two companions before speaking in a hushed whisper, not wanting Lunk and Chin to overhear. "We went there 'cause we Chin's sister might of been there. She was an enforcer before this mess." He motioned for the duo of his trio to join them, and continued. "Rules seven comes into effect now: no lights, no loud noises. Keep your voice to a whisper, an' keep away from any doors an' windows. I suggest gettin' comfortable, cause we're gonna be here all night."

The holo had held his tongue for the whole scene, but couldn't hold back his question anymore. "Wh-what is going on? Who was humming, why..."

Freddie and Frogdo both noted a new objective showing up on their HUD, along with a new text file nestled between options and the map icon.

-W-We have plenty of information on t-those creatures. C-Can you take us to whoever is in charge of g-getting the report of what we saw?
" Thats good, I'm still keeping the weapons though. If those things out there find a way in here it's going to be a blood bath. "

"What? What things? What creatures?" The helmeted enforcer went for a pistol on his belt, his hand grasping its handle as he watched the giant metal doors.

The other enforcer, however, merely nodded. "Your weapon, not ours. Orders are the same, the Sergeant will debrief. Doors won't break." The last comment was shot as his companion, the enforcer looking at him and nodding, although he still kept his hand noticeably closer to his handgun.

"Should one of us stay here to make sure?"
"If you want."
"Er..." The idea of being alone here didn't seem to appeal to the helmeted enforcer.
"If the man said it won't break, it won't break. The damn things are weird, but they can't break metal. Now come on, let's get moving! I got a bunker to see to!"

The group made their way towards the lift, Wilmer noticeably in the front and walking faster than the rest, and Samuel was up ahead, still with the medic in tow behind him. There was a soft ping and an indication as a new objective was added to the survivor's HUDs, and a new text file as well.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2013, 02:37:56 am »

Freddie nods along with the instructions given.

Check HUD. The text file as well, if possible. Don't do anything too loud.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2013, 02:41:21 am »

Check the file and go to the quartermaster. Find out if we have any stocks of raw metal.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 10, 2013, 07:34:35 am »

Check new thing in HUD and go see the Sergeant (He is the one in charge, right?)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 10, 2013, 08:01:50 am »

Marion chows down her ration and slides into the narrow bunk, exhausted. Before falling asleep she examines the new text file and objective.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Down Underground and Humming Abound
« Reply #337 on: December 12, 2013, 02:02:11 am »

Welp, sorry for the longer-than-I-stated wait.
This update brought to you by OFF OST.

Night 3/5

[Commercial District]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Bunker]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:58:42 am by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 12, 2013, 02:07:47 am »

Frogdo jerks out of his comatose state.

Asimov? Who the fuq is Asimov?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 12, 2013, 05:08:12 am »

" I did indeed and it can make a fair few different weapons, I need something a bit bigger then this little thing and for that I need raw metal, do you know where I could find any outside the bunker?

I'll bring you back a list of what it can make in case you want anything from it.
"

Ask.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:13:34 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2013, 07:55:28 am »

-Y-Yes sir- I managed to find a survivor, well, more precisely a group of survivors, but most of them were just c-cowards. He agreed to provide us some information from the outside in exchange of a s-safe place here.

((As I want my character to sleep and we are likely going to spend a lot of time here, I'm going to put what I want to do in the conversation in actions:))

DO:
-Give him all the information he asks.
-Arrange an air filtration unit and all of the standard equipment to be given to Wilmer. Explain to him that he will have to earn his place here.
-Say that Samuel and Harvey already fought and killed one of those things.

DO NOT:
-Say that we found food there.

And after everything, go eat my ration and then have a nap.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 12, 2013, 09:03:37 am »

Freddie becomes quite alarmed upon hearing the noise. He looks at Briefcase.

"That sound worries me. Tell me who Asimov is, please. Tell me exactly who he is."

Stand ready for shit to go down.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 13, 2013, 03:15:47 am »

Mini-Update time!

Frogdo jerks out of his comatose state.

Asimov? Who the fuq is Asimov?
Freddie becomes quite alarmed upon hearing the noise. He looks at Briefcase.

"That sound worries me. Tell me who Asimov is, please. Tell me exactly who he is."

Stand ready for shit to go down.

"I... Asimov is... He's my coworker. The one I've been talking about, but..."

Briefcase stared aimlessly at something in the back of the store. The humming continued, rising in pitch and lowering accordingly, sounding similar to the ones outside. Then another voice buzzed along with it, a deeper pitch, then another, and another. Soon there was what sounds like five different voices humming in synch together.

Boss was on his feet clutching his pipe, Lunk and Chin followed his lead. "Ghostie. You better spill where this Asimov is now or..."
"He was fine when I left him, he--he--this isn't possible, I mean he's--"

And with that, the humming stopped. There was no slow down, there was no slow progression to a lower volume. Just silence. There was a soft click, and a thin stream of light shone into the main room, a thin line of light lightly illuminating a lower section on the curtain that leads further into the store.

" I did indeed and it can make a fair few different weapons, I need something a bit bigger then this little thing and for that I need raw metal, do you know where I could find any outside the bunker?

I'll bring you back a list of what it can make in case you want anything from it.
"

Ask.

The man listened intently, nodding and scratching his beard. "Chances are its a standard fab so any old piece of metal won't work unless you fan of broken fabs. We could use the parts I suppose." Beard smirked at his own joke, continuing. "You can find raw fab metal in some stores, mostly those that deal with construction or some such. Anywhere that would have a fabricator really. General store maybe? Hardware most likely."

"I'd be a happy man if I could know what it can make, but I'd rather have it here to look at myself. Our fab down here just makes stuff to repair the bunker, good and all in keeping it repaired, but hell if that won't do anything if our weapons break on us. I could probably load other schematics on it maybe, replace our old fab with a bigger one... The bitch o' the problem is getting it here from there."

The balding man tossed around a few ideas in his head, tapping on the table and sending some of the smaller handgun parts jittering about. "Where's it at?"

-Y-Yes sir- I managed to find a survivor, well, more precisely a group of survivors, but most of them were just c-cowards. He agreed to provide us some information from the outside in exchange of a s-safe place here.

((As I want my character to sleep and we are likely going to spend a lot of time here, I'm going to put what I want to do in the conversation in actions:))

DO:
-Give him all the information he asks.
-Arrange an air filtration unit and all of the standard equipment to be given to Wilmer. Explain to him that he will have to earn his place here.
-Say that Samuel and Harvey already fought and killed one of those things.

DO NOT:
-Say that we found food there.

And after everything, go eat my ration and then have a nap.

The Sergeant listened along, prompting for information about the survivors, the surrounding areas, etc. He would occasionally watch Wilmer closely while Randall spoke, taking his mechanical eyes off of the abrasive man after a few moments.

"Samuel and Harvey killed one of the plagued?" The enforcer searched through his papers for a moment before finding the one he was looking for, glancing through it before nodding. "Yes, Mr. Allworthy and his companion. Should make the new objective I've given you all easy, I expect it to be finished promptly then once your all topside again."

When you got to having Wilmer be put into your group, the man pondered the idea while Wilmer protested.

"What? That isn't what I fucking wanted to do, I wanted to stay here, not head back up and risk my neck! I did enough of that already, for months!"
He didn't seem very happy.
"Consider it done. Saves me the trouble of finding a way to deal with him."
The abrasive man was now markedly less happier than before.
"What?! Man, this is some bullshit."

Wilmer trailed off in grumbling while the Sergeant motioned to one of the enforcers, who nodded and moved into the side room with a click of the door shutting behind him. Soon the helmeted enforcer returned with a Comm unit and mask, handing them off to Wilmer.

[Rest of your actions will be done during the actual turn, but I figured since a good portion of it was mini-turn amount I'd do it piecemeal.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 13, 2013, 05:56:29 am »

Randall said to Wilmer:

-D-Don't worry, we will come back at n-night, and that m-mask will prevent you from inhaling that b-black ash. As your s-survival here depends on what we can do outside, by helping us you are improving your chances of n-not starving to d-death here. N-Now, you should tell the Sergeant anything I missed.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 13, 2013, 06:39:49 am »

"Listen, man," Freddie asks, a bit low on patience. "Is he a hologram, machine or a living being?"

Ask. Ready my mace and stand behind a counter.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33