Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do you want to know? (SETTING)

General! (Like SparkNotes for history!)
- 0 (0%)
Civilian! (Common ways of life in the future and you!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Military! (Everything protective, destructive, and inbetween!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Criminal! (Not everythings a bright ray of sunshine!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Politics! (Glorious, good old factionalism!)
- 2 (33.3%)
Tech! (Prostetics, cloning, electronic fields oh my!)
- 1 (16.7%)
Other! (List in a post what you want!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Survival At Its Finest: Waking Up From Sleep Mode (Q&A)  (Read 57796 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Belated Turns
« Reply #375 on: December 26, 2013, 10:53:10 pm »

Go to the guard post near the vault entrance and take a nap whike I wait for it to be opened.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 27, 2013, 06:02:17 am »

"It's a defective bit of floaty code that's trying to kill us! Jus' tell us where the docks are an' we can smash his!"

"Hush up, man. Snapping at the poor confused guy isn't going to solve anything. We all need to work together here, and we can presumably get out of here optimal-like."

"So, Forrest. Do you and Asimov both handle sales, or just advertising?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2013, 03:25:00 am »

[Can't do a turn tonight, but I'll do the smaller actions. Turn tomorrow (hopefully). Patrick, I'll get your action tomorrow when I post the turn since that's more 'next turn' stuff than miniturn stuff.]

Go to the general meeting area and look at the people there while leaning against a corner. Pay attention to what do they do, their actitudes, etc.

Randall heads off to the mess hall. After all, where there is food, there's people. The saying proves true as there are in fact still people in the mess hall, even this late at night. Randall set himself up in a shadowy corner--that is to say any corner really, with the lighting in the bunker--and watched.

Most aren't eating but rather talking amongst themselves, it seems. There's a rather sharp contrast from when the survivor was here last. Prior, there was a tension in the air, and as if people's color was being stripped away from them by the quiet hum of the ship. Everybody's actions and emotions came across as subdued and anxious, waiting for something. Now though it seems almost the opposite as a hearty laugh breaks the echo of the prior atmosphere.

Close to him is a small group of off-duty enforcers (those neon blue patches really do help with identification) clink glasses together and tell bawdy jokes to one another, and a ways from them were people who seem to be playing a game of some kind, the clinking of dice hitting the table along with cheers or jeers at the various results. There were various smaller groups who seemed to be minding themselves, talking amongst themselves happily about various events in the bunker.

Randall couldn't help but notice that across the mess hall was a woman handing off a brown paper sack to a man and the two swiping two credit sticks together. The man laughed and nodded, saying something and moving off as he waved goodbye. He was soon met with cheers as he joined up with another group and presented his prize, pulling a featureless bottle filled with a dark liquid from inside the bag.

"Hush up, man. Snapping at the poor confused guy isn't going to solve anything. We all need to work together here, and we can presumably get out of here optimal-like."

"So, Forrest. Do you and Asimov both handle sales, or just advertising?"

"I'm all for workin' together, we gotta rule for that for a reason. But at the end o' the day, we got more to lose than they do, an' I don't want the death of my friends on my head when I know I coulda done better than listen to a holo. Suit here doesn't even know if his plan will work."

Having said his piece, Boss kept his peace. Forrest picked up from there.

"It-Well, yes. My plan may not work, but I just--I've known Asimov since when I was first turned on. I can't just watch him die, and I can't let you users be sold either. I can't think of any other way to do both; I don't think I can talk him out of this."

"I normally advertised while he handled the sales if... If the manager was out--I mean, that isn't to say I only did advertising, I did handle sales sometimes. Just not often. Why? Do you think it might help?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: The Shortest Turn
« Reply #378 on: December 31, 2013, 02:56:39 am »

Feels weird having a turn be this small. But then again I did kinda cut it in two parts. With the larger-to-write part being the mini turns, really.

Hm. Pacing, I will understand you one day. And you too, reliable updating schedule.

Dawn 1/5

[Bunker]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harvey; Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:59:34 am by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 31, 2013, 03:38:18 am »

((Oh. Thought I posted. Need better memory.
Ill do the post tomorrow though; gotta go to bed now.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 31, 2013, 04:07:48 am »

"Head out I've got some work to do."

Go back to the machine, feed the metal in then see if I can build any rifles.

(( Did I gain any traits from the first day? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 31, 2013, 07:25:14 am »

"Head out I've got some work to do."

Go back to the machine, feed the metal in then see if I can build any rifles.

((You know, if you go out, you let all of us inside without being able to go out for who know how many turns))

Go find Wilmer and Marion. Go with them to the door. Go out if Patrick is allowed to do so.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 31, 2013, 08:21:43 am »

Marion awakes from her unsettling dreams and looks at her minimap. Screw the mission, I'm finding my daughter. She works out the quickest way to the warehouse from the bunker.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 31, 2013, 08:23:55 am »

Change my action to go with Wilmer and Harvey to where he is going. Look for curtains or blankets on the way there.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 31, 2013, 08:27:24 am »

[It would actually just be one turn or so, door is only wired shut for an hour and a turn is roughly an hour or so.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 31, 2013, 08:32:42 am »

"All plans here are subject to great uncertainty, my friend. And I'd prefer to deal with our new buddy in a way that doesn't count on him not noticing things, when we know that he sees things through cameras. In fact, he probably went over to stop our other buddies from messing with things he doesn't want them to. Right now we can only hope they either get the job done despite the issue or come back here with Asimov. Either kinda works for one of our two plans. Besides, Forrest needs help and he can help us as well, so good relations are in our interest."

Wait.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:34:50 am by Harry Baldman »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival At Its Finest: Mechanic's Corner Two: Electric Sheep Edition
« Reply #386 on: January 01, 2014, 03:20:55 am »

It's the second edition of MECHANIC'S CORNER! (Sorry for no turn tonight)

I'm probably going to do traits by 'Acts,' them being taught, and when I feel its natural. The last two tend to go hand in hand, really, buts it's possible to get a trait by training.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:59:47 am by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 01, 2014, 06:39:00 am »

Aw c'mon, you can tell us what's in the room! After all, we are customers, right? I might not bring my business back here if I don't get to see what's in that room.

Persuade!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:59:22 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 01, 2014, 06:58:23 am »

Frogdo's face goes blank.
What dat guy said.

Also wait.

((You're in a different room and currently being confronted by an angry deranged hologram, unless I've missed something.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 01, 2014, 09:57:16 am »

((Wow, you are putting much effort in this game, Xanmyral. Also, your weapon size thing made me think about getting an oversized meat cleaver now. Because I have to be able to reliably dismember stuff.

But, as a question, is my meat cleaver better at chopping stuff than my knife?))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33