Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children (Fantasy RP-RTD) [Waitlist Forming]  (Read 9192 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

This is the OOC thread for Kurchil's Children
Hey all, I’ve been GMing an RTD that is based heavily off of survival, and character development in it is a little limited. I was hoping to run this one based more off of roleplay and less on mechanics. I’m hoping that players will have time and security to make very interesting characters and explore a world that will be generated as randomly as I can, using various online random generation tools and well as GIMP as a mapmaker, to make maps based mostly off of lots of noise.
This will be the OOC thread, as well as anything else that isn’t posting speech, actions, and other interactions with the world, as my other game got a bit clogged up.
I’m hoping to start with 5 people, and see how that goes.
Spoiler: Aethellian Coast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Starting Ports (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Playable Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Application (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

[EDITS] - I've added stats and abilities to race descriptions, and my preliminary thoughts on combat. Both are open to feedback.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:43:52 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children (Fantasy RP-RTD) [Accepting - 5]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »

Want to play, but have to get mny ass to work in 2 minutes so reserve please?

Oh boy, making my characters interesting BEFORE starting to play them, something I am still working on.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:11:59 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(( Can I forget the clothes and sandals? My character is covered in fur so doesn't really need them. ))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:34:13 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 09:02:16 pm »

Reserve, I intend to make a good character.

Name: Sofia Sala

Race: Aethen

Description: A buxom and (relatively!) tall Aethen, Sofia has hazel colored hair, which tends not to fly about wildly, yet isn't well groomed either, and goes down to just under her shoulderblades. Her somewhat narrow eyes are brown colored, and her skin is a tan color. Sofia's rather calm, not letting all but the worst of things deter her from taking her time and thinking things through. However, this is partially a matter of not letting others get to her- Sofia possesses no small amount of pride, is aware of it, and merely does not care. She has a taste for bitter leaves.

Starting Port: Iseaya

Background: Sofia had rather not wanted to live in ignominy- the Aethen, living out an annoyingly secluded life in the forest on the island Iseaya's on, wanted to make a name, a reputation for herself, to stand out, after finding a small relic of a hero famous among the Aethen. She wanted to be like that hero, to be celebrated for doing good. But she thought she really couldn't do so in this forest. So clutching that small relic (a burnt and wrecked small piece of an Aethen shield), she made her way to the only real major port on that island slowly but surely She had places to go, and things to do. A life to live.

Trinket: Aethen Shield-Piece: A piece of a shield of a famous (within her population group) Aethen warrior, this small, pocket-fitting piece of metal is highly burnt and highly twisted- a pattern of bronze and bright red being unrecognizable but for the color.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:21:59 pm by Powder Miner »

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:56:23 pm »

Ooh, I think I may reserve a spot.
And I shall write up a character... soonish. Probably.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There we go.
Also, Samarkand, I gotta say that you did a nice job with the map. Downright lovely looking.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:38:38 am by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 11:04:00 pm »

(( Guy's look at the bottom of the character creation spoiler :) it's not necessarily first come first served. So no need to reserve. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 11:51:23 pm »

Heh, fair enough. Force of habit, y'know?
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 12:02:37 am »

I did it as well at first but I noticed when I was finishing mine up and removed it.
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 04:34:27 am »

Well, I haven't joined anyone else's games on these forums yet. I'd like to fix that. Character upcoming. 

Spoiler: Kassen Star-Breaker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:31:18 am by Silcugar »
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 04:55:40 am »

Well that makes 5 then if he likes all 5 we're good to go. I'll try to look after you since your even newer to this then I am :D.
Caine's law.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 05:14:19 am »

whew done, and nice to see you in a game Silcugar, Hmm, other than Powder miner, everyone here is either playing or GM of fallout, arsenal city. and Powder is in Deviation 22 and Eisenstein roulette with me. YAY I KNOW ALL OF YOU
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 05:23:34 am »

(( Heh don't worry this guy ain't gonna act like Sam and try to hump every woman in existence :D. Unlike Sam who if he doesn't pass out from the vodka first will try to hump a half zombie :D. ))
Caine's law.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 05:30:42 am »

It's fine, we all make characters who are different, actually your in ER as well, your the electric fishman aren't you?, plus you don't need to use the ooc brackets in this thread, this is the OOC thread, also annoyed at that other game we were playing together, how it died.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 05:33:46 am »

I love playing religious characters. I think 70% of all my characters, be it from D&D, forum RPs, Shadowrun, or whatever else are either very or extremely religious. I don't play clerics often, though.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 05:40:58 am »

WEll, if you count the two kinds of serpen as seperate races, then we are all different races. I also like how whe created very different cultures for our serpens, in fact your character will probably be more alien to mine than humans
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6