Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GM seeking suggestions for NPC cosmic acts  (Read 2336 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GM seeking suggestions for NPC cosmic acts
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 04:58:12 pm »

I had a character named Subito Accelerando, an archer for a DnD campaign, who probably would have become a god of the hearth and home.  I'm pretty sure his "miraculous act" would be to create some sort of place to which any person could voyage and return, and feel comfortable, cozy, at peace, and fulfilled.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »

There are some myths / histories that have places beyond the reach of the law - if you are a criminal, you are safe as long as you can get there.  I could imagine something like that, only it is a guaranteed escape from troubles, if you can get through the trouble of finding a mystial place like this.  A little ironic though, that a god of hearth and home would make a mythical safe spot that has to be traveled to, rather than making your home more secure.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 06:23:36 pm »

Yeah, but "make all hearths safe" is kind of boring.  Alternatively there's the "Elijah law"--wayfarers must be offered a place at your table.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 07:48:33 pm »

Or you might divinely empower the rules of hospitality, as Greek myth kind of does - hospitality is Zeus' thing, and you always risk his retribution if you kill a guest.  You could have something along with 'crimes against a person in that person's home invite misfortune'
Pages: 1 [2]