Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone have a DF Hack tutorial?  (Read 8178 times)

DethBrand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone have a DF Hack tutorial?
« on: September 27, 2013, 12:56:49 am »

I can't seem to get anything put Prospect & Stonesense to work. So far every other command or plugin I try to use either returns nothing when I hit enter & does nothing at all in game, tells me there's no such plugin in spite of it being listed as a plugin, or that the command is not recognized as a command even tho it shows up on the list of commands when I type ls.
The only thing I really want to work are the interactive plugins, although some of the things listed in the readme would also be nice to have working, like the patches on containers to get them working for military storage.

So can anyone tell me what I need to do or link a tutorial for me please?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a DF Hack tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 04:39:17 am »

Can you copy+paste (right click the top of the window, highlight edit, click mark, use the mouse to mark the text area to copy, press enter to copy, ctrl+v to paste*) what your input and output are? Try using "slayrace him" on a random badger or something that comes into the map.

*Not condescending, I just don't like to leave steps out of instructions

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:11:59 am »

The GitHub repo has extremely good documentation: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack#id2.

In my mind this fine work should be packaged into a help file in the DFHack install.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

DethBrand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:48:20 pm »

Can you copy+paste (right click the top of the window, highlight edit, click mark, use the mouse to mark the text area to copy, press enter to copy, ctrl+v to paste*) what your input and output are? Try using "slayrace him" on a random badger or something that comes into the map.

*Not condescending, I just don't like to leave steps out of instructions
I'm not sure what you mean by input & output, but this is what I get when I try to use slayrace:

DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]# slayrace him
slayrace is not a recognized command.
[DFHack]#

I pretty much get that or nothing back from any command I've tried other then Prospect & Stonesense. Slayrace doesn't show up on my command list either tho.

The GitHub repo has extremely good documentation: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack#id2.

In my mind this fine work should be packaged into a help file in the DFHack install.
I've been there before, but I don't know a thing about modding & the readme under it doesn't tell me a thing about why nothing is working right. =(

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 02:37:15 pm »

That's what I meant by input and output. Did you make sure to copy everything from the latest DFHack download?

DethBrand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:22:35 am »

I'm just using whatever was in the lazy noob pack since I'm a lazy noob and all. =P Plus I don't know a thing about using it let alone setting it up. >.<

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 02:14:31 pm »

Are you using the right lazy newb pack?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 02:53:11 pm »

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DethBrand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 10:10:40 pm »

he means this one: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7622

Not sure if that's the same one I have or not, but it's not like I've been following updates for it either so I'll check it out & hope things work. Thanks. =)

[EDIT] Definitely a different version, thanks everything seems to work fine now. =)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:11:00 pm by DethBrand »