Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: UPDATE - MDF4a - A lot. (and set-color UI buttons)  (Read 16238 times)

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - MDF4a - A lot. (and set-color UI buttons)
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 01:17:17 pm »

Aw, man. I just started up a new fortress that has some real potential.

Alas for the fickle schedule of new MWDF releases.

*downloads*
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 09:49:10 pm »

<facepalm>
   walks off muttering "I could have sworn ...."

If you missed this gem of pedantic angst  :D
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

I take it you've never read Pynchon's more approachable work, the Crying of Lot 49?

Incidentally, my praise of Meph's written English was sincere, in case anyone thought I was being snarky about it.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »

Oh yes, is Digginginvaders enabled by default, or is it off by default?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 10:23:50 pm »

<facepalm>
   walks off muttering "I could have sworn ...."

If you missed this gem of pedantic angst  :D
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

I take it you've never read Pynchon's more approachable work, the Crying of Lot 49?

Incidentally, my praise of Meph's written English was sincere, in case anyone thought I was being snarky about it.
And at the time, I was thinking, "Don't bother. It will only come back to bite you in the ass." 

Must remember to listen to that voice. It saves me from so much trouble at work.  :)
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 10:25:31 pm »

How do I tell which civ is which on the embark screen? I have created a world with all three playable races (I want it all!) and can see about 8 civs listed, but trying to tell them apart is tough, at best. I think I get some idea by looking at the races screen and seeing who is available to trade with.

Am I missing something?

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 11:31:22 pm »

Playing around with world gen a bit more, even with Garden of Gaia, if I have all three playable races selected for gen I end up with a dwarf race with No Trade set with dwarves and others. Is that working as intended? I don't see the same behavior with orcs and kobolds as far as I've seen.

I don't know if that actually means no trade or if it's an artifact/bug in the gen from having three playable races/

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 02:29:58 am »

Updated the Leather stockpile test RAW changes in this post in case anyone else is testing them.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131648.msg4650591#msg4650591
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 05:27:01 am »

why havent you included spacefox color scheme into .a update?

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 07:38:35 am »

Okay, figured out my world gen issues with No Trade. I had turned off domestic pets which apparently disables the ones needed for caravans. Turning off domestic pets should probably not be available in this mod, or at least the tool tip should have a warning.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 07:43:14 am »

vonsch: Well... if you turn of pets, what should pull the wagons? Would have to enable the vanilla pets back into the game to prevent that.

about the embark races: dwarven civs are the statues that show on mountains, kobolds camps look like grates, and orc forts look like castles on the worldmap.

vabalokis: because I didnt knew that it has a custom color scheme.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 09:43:09 am »

Meph,

I am just saying it's not clear what the repercussions of turning off domestic pets are. That turning them off is an option suggests it's okay to do so. But it pretty much breaks embarks.

But now that I understand that, it's no real issue for me.

Thanks for explaining the link between the embark races and the icons. I will pay more attention to that and see if it makes the process easier. I have been tabbing to the neighbors screen and using that to deduce which civ is which. That works too once you figure out the correlations.

This is probably coming up more now because I am playing with the non-default generation process a bit. Using advanced, but not the presets.

BTW, the new GUI is really nice looking. Took me a bit to find the launch game place though. The old button down in the main area was nice. Habit probably made figuring out how to launch the game harder than it would be for someone new to the mod.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 11:49:15 am »

Well, it doesnt necessarily break embark, because you can still turn SimplePets:Off and get the old pets back. You can play with both vanilla and MDF pets, only MDF pets, only vanilla pets, or none. You chose none.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 12:36:39 pm »

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that this isn't clear from tooltips. :)

Torrasque666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 01:21:04 pm »

A lot of things need new tooltips.
BOOM FOR THE BOOM GOD!
LOOT FOR THE LOOT THRONE!

You seem to be under the impression that we're playing some game other than dwarf fortress. It doesn't matter how powerful you make a creature, we will find a way to destroy it. God is dead, and Urist killed him.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 02:17:58 pm »

I know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5