Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Pigeons & Prejudice: Definitely deceased.  (Read 21944 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Pigeons & Prejudice: Definitely deceased.
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »

Belgium, 2260AD.

A man – we see him from the back, hiding both his face and the terrorist he is running towards, so we can’t tell that he is Matt Damon, FutureBelgian, played by 10ebbor10 – runs across a semi-apocalyptic field, somewhere near Brussels.

”Nooooooo!” he cries, ”Nooooooo! They sent me back too late! Baldo, you can’t do it, you can’t do it, Baldo, I’ll kill you, I swear it!”

”It’s too late, Matt Damon, it’s too late! The timer is set, the bomb is gonna blow, you, Brussels, and all of Western Freedom are gonna die! You’re all dooooomed!”

”Nooooooooo!”

The camera circles round from behind the FutureBelgian in a spiral: first we see his running face, then we see his deadly foe, and then the camera zooms in on the bomb. A hydrothermonuclearbomb. We see Matt Damon fiddling with something on his wrist. A timewatch.

There’s an enormous explosion, and a flash, and at the same time Matt Damon, FutureBelgian, vanishes.

Belgium, 1815AD.

Battle rages on the fields that will become known as the site of the Disaster of Waterloo. Matt Damon, FutureBelgian, suddenly appears in the centre of a British infantry square. Milliseconds later there is an enormous explosion, and the biggest detonation that will ever be known to man destroys most of Western Europe.

Cut to green fields somewhere in England, the present day, 1825AD. Ian McKellen’s voice.

Since the Great Death ten years ago, many strange things have happened, and although the British Empire retains her rightful place at the top of civilisation’s hierarchy, changes are afoot. No one knows why, but over the last ten years strange… mutations have affected Europe’s population of pigeons. Why pigeons? Why not cows? Even Britain’s greatest scientists have not found out the answer to this question. And now – now, across England, walk pigeons the size of men. Pigeons, in some cases, the size of ponies; in others, the size of geese. And those the size of men have, by some cruel twist of fate, learnt to think, to speak, to live like humans.

And now they want the same things we humans do.

All the same things…

Cut to a crowded ballroom in England, the present day, 1825AD. A waltz plays. As the dancers spin, it becomes apparent – horrifyingly apparent – that some of the dancers… are pigeons.

PIGEONS AND PREJUDICE: A DATING SIM RTD
In Which You Must Romance and Marry a Post-Apocalyptic Regency Era Human

Spoiler: What it is? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: What is the aim? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How does it work? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How can I play? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FAQ (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:26:50 am by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Players
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »

Waitlist:
Lady Alexandria Seedington Antebellum
Miss Amelie de Saint-Just
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:00:03 pm by lawastooshort »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: P&P: A Dating Sim RtD - (0/4, not first come first served)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 03:43:21 pm »

Reserved. Yes, it's pointless. I warned you.

(I get that you played Hatoful Boyfriend at some point in the recent past?)

Name: Lady Rosanne Meyerschmidt-Cripeton
Likes: Lady Rosanne certainly has a healthy fondness for money, and is a cultured pigeon, so she greatly enjoys going to concerts. It is one of the few wastes of money she allows herself.
Dislikes: On the other hand, Lady Rosanne has a certain... sense for the stench of poverty and peasantliness. She would absolutely never socialize with upstart nobility and low-class peons.
Stats:
  • Handsomeness: 3
  • Money: 0
  • Dancing: 1
  • Sense: 0
  • Sensitivity: 1
  • Stamina: 3

Bio: Born to a working class family impoverished nobility, Lady Rosanne has, throughout her life, attempted to restore the status that is her birthright, clearly, the birthright of the Cripeton family (there are some extremely legitimate family trees reaching back five centuries in her attic). But since actually working for this purpose is terribly unladylike, this ladypigeon has resolved to charm and marry a rich and handsome nobleman, so noble that there is no doubt at all about his nobility. And, well, this better happened before the actual owners of the estate she was living in came back...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:31:26 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: P&P: A Dating Sim RtD - (0/4, not first come first served)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 03:50:47 pm »

Oh my goodness.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

JEGUS. WHAT. I...Okay.

Name: Lady Alexandria Seedington Antebellum
Likes: Croquet is considered a marvellous sport throughout her family, and she grew up playing it at an early age. However, she prefers ballroom dancing much more, taking lessons for ages, hopefully leading up to dancing with her husband at a grand wedding.
Dislikes: Candles. Absolutely dreadful they are. And an absolute hazard to have around, especially with how MARVELLOUS her wings are! She would hate to singe her darling feathers...
Stats:
  • Handsomeness: 1
  • Money: 1
  • Dancing: 3
  • Sense: 1
  • Stamina: 1

Bio: Lady Seedington grew up in  an orphanage, unfortunately, as her parents, a pair of low-wealth commonfolk she'd rather not associate with, died during childbirth. Yes. Both of them. Anyway, she was ultimately adopted by the rather rich couple of Duke Charles Antebellum and Lady Anne Antebellum IV. She grew up living rather lavishly, but was a rather active young bird, taking lessons in piano, violin, and ballroom dancing, getting rather good at all three. But now the time has come, and she has begun searching for a mate, with her parents looking forwards to having young grandbirds in the near future.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:38:24 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

PTW, seems hilarious.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

PTPAL
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Name: Lady Katherine Montagu
Likes: Truly, there is no greater calling for a man than to serve the British Empire in the capacity of an officer in the Royal Navy, and no greater duty for a woman than to tend his estate while he is away; that is to say, Lady Montagu likes a man in uniform. Ideally, this estate would be somewhere in the country, for there are few pleasures in life greater than cavorting on a swing with the finest of company.
Dislikes: Swimming. Why, if the merciful Lord our God had intended for proper British pigeon or man to swim, he would have created us with flippers and gills! By that metric, He seems to have changed His mind about the Frenchmen who now possess such semiaquatic traits following the Disaster of Waterloo, but the citizens of the British Empire are best served to conquer the surf through marvels of ingenuity and engineering.
Stats: Distribute 8 stat points amongst the following stats.
  • Handsomeness: 3
  • Money: 1
  • Dancing: 0
  • Sense: 1
  • Sensitivity: 2

Bio: Lady Katherine Montagu is the only daughter of the Montagu family line, the third child of Lord Robert Montagu and Lady Anne Montagu. Her oldest brother (and the heir apparent to the Montagu estate) currently serves in the Royal Navy patrolling the shores of glowing, cursed France, while her older sister and younger brother both tragically passed away at a young age, taken by the wasting sickness that claims so many who cavort in the Glowing Green Stream which passes through the Montagu estate (and seems to have become an even more verdant green in the wake of the Disaster of Waterloo.) Katherine was never given to such sport, preferring to demurely stroll through the woods and heath, dreaming, as all young ladypigeons do, of her eventual marriage.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:10:43 pm by monk12 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RESERVING THE FUCK OUTTA THIS.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Gsf and monk have rather fine character sheets, if anyone needs an example of how to go about it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

I must watch this. Get popcorn
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Name:  Helen Darwin
Likes: Helen likes pigeon-adapted gowns that flatter her ladylike shape. Just because you're not a human doesn't mean you can't dress well. She also likes eating seeds. She knows a proper lady doesn't feast on raw corn kernels, so she hides for eating them.
Dislikes: She absolutely hates evening gloves. They look great, but a ladypigeon cannot wear them, being somewhat lacking in hand- and arm-related matters. It simply isn't fair that all her friends can look so good and not her!
Stats:
  • Handsomeness:3
  • Money:2
  • Dancing:1
  • Sense:1
  • Sensitivity:0

Bio:

Helen Darwin is descended from a long line of pigeon raised by Robert Darwin, a doctor and financier of Shrewsbury, Shropshire. She spent her early years living a pigeon's simple life, eating, flying and playing with Robert's son, Charles. Soon enough, her gentle dovish heart fell in love with the young Charles, and she did her best to help him in his pigeon breeding work. However, as the radioactive fallout from the Great Death started causing mutation, Charles went mad at seeing his careful breeding work destroyed. He who wanted to become a parson started publicly saying that God had gone mad, before committing suicide a dark day of October 1824.

Stricken by grief at the loss of his son, Robert decided to adopt Helen and to rise her as his daughter.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:22:14 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books. I can do this.

Name: Miss Charlotte Fantail
Likes: Blessed with nimble forefeathers, Miss Charlotte loves to play the pianoforte, and though her older sisters think her silly, she has an abiding fondness for bonnets.
Dislikes: There is nothing, however, more tedious than playing cards.
Stats:
  • Handsomeness: 6
  • Money: 0
  • Dancing: 1
  • Sense: 0
  • Sensitivity: 0

Bio: Miss Charlotte Fantail is the youngest of three daughters, born to a moderate estate (previously half-ruined and abandoned to pigeons and now owned legally since shortly after the Great Death). Her elder sisters were both married off in the last few years and it is Charlotte's firmest hope to follow them in securing matrimony (as her estate will belong to her wicked cousin on her parent's demise— a vicious gentlemandove called Manderly). She is a very pretty ladypidgeon but rather silly and of uncertain prospects in life.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:27:35 am by notquitethere »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Lovely ladypigeons, everyone. Thank you. I think I will choose the best four at the weekend, as I have had some informal queries too and then there are the two above 'reserves'.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

So weird. :O

Name: Dame Diane De Oiseau
Likes: Diane is something of a bibliophile-she enjoys turn of the century adventure novels, her favorites currently being about Lady Daringpidgeon the 3rds epical adventures into the 'dark continent' of bold explorers, ladypigeon eating dinosaurs and savage spear wielding tigermen. She's also been known to enjoy fancy parasols-surely, the greatest parasols come from Paris, naturally.
Dislikes: Diane is not fond of the rain-and any bad weather whatsoever. It vexes her greatly, ruining her carefully applied habit. She prefers indoors functions whenever possible, having moved to England recently. Where it rains quite alot.
Stats:
  • Handsomeness:2
  • Money: 2
  • Dancing:
  • Sense: 2

Bio: Dame Diane is the eldest daughter of the venerable and obscenely rich Oiseau family-with three younger sisters, she's always have been expected to set a good example. Up to this point, she has not done so well. A number of questionable business pursuits has labeled her something of a troublemaker among her peers-when she digs into the family funds, the creditors can be heard popping wine corks from Orlean to Brest. Thus, she's been sent on 'holiday' for an unspecified length of time-unfortunately, Diane is quite young and unaware of the greater complexities of this. She merely thinks she's going on an adventure...given a choice between her countries traditional enemies, Germany and Britain, she chose to somewhat surreptitiously fly across the channel from mighty France-bringing her not inconsiderable family name and funding to bear in ensnaring a proper trophy husband, whom she intends to educate properly before moving back home. These Brits are not unhandsome, but they could use some color and joie de vivre, oiu?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14