Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Pigeons & Prejudice: Definitely deceased.  (Read 22174 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I need to submit a sheet. I could not live with myself if I didn't.

Name: Miss Amelie de Saint-Just
Likes: Amelie is a great fan of fine wines, finding them to be most delectable and a definitely wonderful way to both cope with her current situation and make the dastardly Englishmen seem even moderately attractive. She also likes flying, spending up to two hours a day gliding high up in the air, fantasizing about the less coal dust-saturated air that, despite having not the slightest proof, she knows to be of rural France, the exalted homeland of her multitudinous ancestors.
Dislikes: the English! The inveterate cultural hatred of all things pertaining to the southeastern end of the most damnable isle of all, the sign of a proper French bloodline, runs strong in Amelie's very being. She cannot stand the idea of England having escaped the tragic disaster that all but destroyed her homeland (and the mess of tiny little countries next to France, but nobody cares about them, obviously), and despite her father's consistent scolding she cannot really bring herself to properly relate to any Englishmen, at least not without a certain quantity of wine in her.
Stats: Distribute 8 stat points amongst the following stats.
  • Handsomeness: 1
  • Money: 0
  • Dancing: 3
  • Sense: 0
  • Sensitivity: 0
  • Stamina: 4

Bio: Amelie, though born in Britain, carries within her the blood of pigeons as French as the French can be. All of her ancestors stretching back for hundreds of generations have been French (though she only has her mother's word on that), she knows, and that is something she is incredibly proud of. She was brought up on stories of glorious France that streamed forth from her mother's beak at the slightest provocation, much to the disapproval of her father, who holds high hopes that his daughter may one day marry into a somewhat wealthy household and mitigate the somewhat poor financial state of her family, who have only recently come into even the slightest bit of their own property in England. The years have been difficult, but her father is cautiously optimistic about the future, hoping to marry Amelie off for some leverage in society (her mother harbors similar hopes, but they largely relate to marrying her off to one of the richer French immigrants rather than the more wealthy and landed Englishmen).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I've been talking to you about this la. >:D

Glad to see it come to fruition.

Reserving for modification.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((HB took my character concept...up to 11 :O ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((HB took my character concept...up to 11 :O ))

((Really, the only thing they have in common is French ancestry. Other than that, they seem quite different.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((@HB: We're both sort of expats from our homeland not entirely by choice, and while mine is sort of snooty against the Brits, yours outright hates them is what I mean :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

{I really love how you introduced this la xD}

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@HB: We're both sort of expats from our homeland not entirely by choice, and while mine is sort of snooty against the Brits, yours outright hates them is what I mean :P ))

((Amelie's not exactly an expatriate, having been born and raised in England - her parents are, though, and that bitterness instilled into her is more the result of her mother's influence than anything else. But that may be a mere technicality.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I will just have to watch this one, lacking the deft RP skill needed to properly play a proper ladypidgeon.

Watch with great glee and interest, that is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh dear, lawas, you did it after all. This can only end in tears and ruffled feathers. I shall be watching with a respectable level of interest and/or glee.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

BTW, how come everybody comes from long line of pigeons when the Great Death occurred a mere 10 years ago?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

BTW, how come everybody comes from long line of pigeons when the Great Death occurred a mere 10 years ago?

Very strong radioactivity, I would guess.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Pigeons breed very fast.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Everyone knows that even standard-sized pigeons are very fastidious about tracking their bloodline.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pigeons did presumably exist before the Great Death. It's just that they were, well, just plain pigeons at the time. In my case, that bit may or may not be entirely made up.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Honestly this looks like it's gonna be hilarious. Watching with a goofy grin.
What's that you say? There's an owl in the barn? Meh, just an ordinary sized owl, nothing to worry about.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14