Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: In the Blood. [RPG: Started at last!]  (Read 10351 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: In the Blood. [RPG: 6/6]
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2013, 04:09:24 pm »

Also, I wanna say I don't actually plan on killing or attacking your char Cript. IC wise I'll be aggressive, sure, but OOC wise I couldn't do that sort of thing to you-killing off or bothering my friends in RP just makes me depressed. Hopefully we get enough incentive not to slaughter each other on turn one, lol.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2013, 05:03:41 pm »

Ah. Perhaps we will. Although to be honest, I didn't exactly make a character that I would cheer for. Or cry about his death. I made a villain because I could and because I thought it would be cool. I did try to leave at least a crack for him to escape his well deserved death with a redemption story, but I sorta doubt that it will go that way. I won't mind if you or anyone else kills him.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2013, 09:57:20 pm »

Iliana Tvera: A smart little chit, who Arther has slowly started burning with hate for. Near the start of chaos the Arther heard rumors that a hospital with a motherload, someone in the hospital was doing testing on donor blood and they had somehow amassed a huge freezer full of blood bags of it. It was enough to keep him in constantly fresh blood for months! Arther snuck in and was in the process of trying to find a way to remove his bounty when this girl stumbled upon him. At first he thought it wasn't a big deal, just a neck to snap before he moved on. But the girl was smart, she knew that she couldn't stand up to a vamp in a straight on fight, she lead him away from the freezer. Arther was careless in stalking her, arrogant in his supposed superiority. She trapped him in a reenforced observation room in a rarely used corner of the hospital that she had acquired the keys to but he had no way out. He was trapped for three days before found and let out the girl had moved on and the freezer was unpowered, spoiling all the blood. A few bribes and favors called in got him free of the police long enough to skip town, but not before he managed to get the name of the girl and the interesting fact that she is probably a Donor. Arther has since vowed to track her down and extract every last wasted drop from her before he lets her die.
So apparently your character got beaten by, and swore revenge on, a girl in a coma.
I guess there's only so much competence Blood can give.

Harbingerjm -> Dwarmin
Honestly, I have no idea how to cover this one.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »

Yeah. I dunno. I was sorta thinking it could have been after you woke up. So. Very recently. I won't lie. It's really not my best work. If you have a better idea I would love to hear it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2013, 12:53:05 am »

@Harbringer: It's possible he could have had something to do with your coma in the first place. IOD could have known you were a donor before everything happened...so, whatever happened to you he might have had something to do with.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2013, 08:43:17 am »

I realise this is a bit late, but is it possible to chaneg my stat distibution from this:
Strength: 2
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 1
Intelligence: 4
Charm: 0
Willpower: 1

Into this:
Strength: 2
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 4
Intelligence: 1
Charm: 0
Willpower: 1
That's three points shifted from intelligence into dexterity. It's because if my character is clambering around on things he should probably have decent fine motor skills.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2013, 11:12:16 am »

Yeah GD, that's fine.

Actual start up will be delayed 'til monday due to a weekend hike :/
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »

I wonder if we're going to be tossed into some situation as a group or if we're just going to be loose in our home city each doing our thing.

Randolph Carter: Concerned Citizen
Harry met Randolph many years ago-the humble knife maker reporting a disturbance in his neighborhood that led to an arrest-a time where most people kept quiet, it was a courageous act. It was a binding moment, but only until after the cataclysm did they truly become friends. Worried the man would become a vigilante with no moral center, he carefully guided and helped him-offering him a release for the anxiety, anger and helplessness boiling inside. Since then, he's considered Randolph both a dependable man to have by his side and a true friend.

This connection story works for me. Carter would look with favor on anyone who seemed both stable and properly upset by what's going on. Another man who wanted to do some good like Harry Jones would quickly become a friend.

My other positive connection is Iliana Tvera. I'm not very good at coming up with backstories. If we knew eachother before the crisis that's fine. If not he would probably gravitate toward her anyway, because he basically wants to protect donors and she seems particularly vulnerable.

And Joben... I may have broken into your shop before, but it ain't like that's a reason to hate me now, is it?

lol that sounds like as good a reason as I can think of at the moment. Lets roll with that. Carter doesn't like Rick Haggard because he thinks of him as a criminal punk.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:36:41 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2013, 11:27:01 am »

I wonder if we're going to be tossed into some situation as a group or if we're just going to be loose in our home city each doing our thing.
Starting in small groups, but nothing to stop convenient meet-ups.

I think we're missing relationships. If yours are not done, please put down some idea at least ASAP.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2013, 11:49:25 am »

Think we need:
Harbingerjm - Joben like
Harbingerjm - Remuthra like
Harbingerjm - Dwarmin hate

Basically, Harbingerjm's relationships.

Ideas:

Joben - old familt friend, she know's he's reliable?
Remuthra - ok, I have no idea. None at all.
Dwarmin - rather rudely investigated her on his crusade to find his missing partner, was rather insensitive towards the whole murdered parents thing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2013, 12:24:11 pm »

My idea would be an old friend of some sort. I have pharmaceutical access; I could hook you up.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2013, 01:08:38 pm »

Eh, I'm going to bow out, I think. This relationship thing rubs me wrong too many ways.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2013, 02:15:14 pm »

Eh, I'm going to bow out, I think. This relationship thing rubs me wrong too many ways.
What, that you need some kind of relation to other characters to justify your actions? I don't get it. You sure?

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2013, 09:26:34 pm »

Yeah, it's essentially just a plot framing device-likely, why our characters will somehow meet. It's not binding-and it doesn't even have to be personal. Maybe you just dislike the group I belonged too.

That being said, if you've bowed up, okay then. We should probably move forward with the game...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2013, 11:16:01 am »

Well because i'm increasingly impatient, the game WILL start tomorrow at the latest. Quite possible later this evening.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9