Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 111298 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders RETURNS!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »

We could do an anarchy server. That would be fun. Anyway, a list of this server's pros and cons:

Pros:
   -I have a small base set up. Food, some stone, etc.
   -The base also has a cool jungle that I'm thinking up a parkour route through. Race, anybody?
   -There's a zombie apocalypse challenge on the next three Saturdays, with PRIZES! We could team up, assuming that's allowed.
   -The people are nice.
   Edit: Also, I have nearly three stacks of rails.
Cons:
   -/sethome and /home are only available for registered members, though registering takes pretty much no time.
   -The End is donator-only.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:28:05 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 08:04:57 pm »

I think I found the perfect server. IP is 64.237.34.251, if you want to check it out. I will in a bit.

Quote from: Total Anarchy Description
Total Anarchy is a minecraft server based off team pvp and economy. Players can join an existing faction, or make their own to protect their valuables! However, on the server you grief, raid, and kill other players and factions so being one step ahead of your opponent is important on Total Anarchy.

Edit: Apparently, they are removing factions. Whatever, we can still work together.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:10:43 pm by Elephant Parade »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 10:23:42 pm »

I think I found the perfect server. IP is 64.237.34.251, if you want to check it out. I will in a bit.

Total Anarchy is a minecraft server based off team pvp and economy. Players can join an existing faction, or make their own to protect their valuables! However, on the server you grief, raid, and kill other players and factions so being one step ahead of your opponent is important on Total Anarchy.

Edit: Apparently, they are removing factions. Whatever, we can still work together.

I'm disappoint that it doesn't run snapshots.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 10:26:08 pm »

The server we went on last time runs snapshots, but do we want to deal with nightmare lag again?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 10:28:43 pm »

The server we went on last time runs snapshots, but do we want to deal with nightmare lag again?
Not really. I've gotten very used to the snapshot changes already, though, and I want to see the new ones after 1.7. But whatever.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 10:39:23 pm »

So, I've set up a small base on both servers. As in, I can give some resources to those starting out. Now, the question:

Which server?

MC Delirium
Standard vanilla survival. No frills.
IP: mcdelirium.gameserv.co

Pros:
   -I have a small base set up. Food, some stone, etc.
   -The base also has a cool jungle that I'm thinking up a parkour route through. Race, anybody?
   -There's a zombie apocalypse challenge on the next three Saturdays, with PRIZES! We could team up, assuming that's allowed.
   -The people are nice.
   Edit: Also, I have nearly three stacks of rails.
Cons:
   -/sethome and /home are only available for registered members, though registering takes pretty much no time.
   -The End is donator-only.
   -It's probably going to be reset for 1.7, but structures will be dropped into the new world.

Total Anarchy
An anarchy server. Not that much raiding seems to happen, though.
IP: 64.237.34.251

Pros:
   -We can do whatever we want.
   -I have quite a bit of stuff, including ~5 stacks of iron, ~32 gold, a diamond pickaxe, and four diamonds.
Cons:
   -My house is ~4000 blocks away from spawn. You can use /randomtp to try to get near it, but it has a 45 second cooldown, can warp you at least 12000 blocks out, and sometimes KILLS YOU BY SPAWNING YOU IN A BLOCK ARGH.
   -We could be raided.
   -It's probably going to be reset, though MCMMO skill levels will be kept.
Misc:
   -It has MCMMO. This gives you various skill levels, which do neat things. I honestly don't see how this would be a downside, but you never know.

I'm going to put up a poll. I recommend trying both servers before voting, but it's up to you. Personally, I'm voting for the second server.

Edit:

BREAKING NEWS! There's a contest going on in the second server. You have to build a structure (using your own materials) on a flat 40*40 plot. The winning team gets to keep their structure in the new world. Teams are of three.

MORE BREAKING NEWS! I asked, and there only have to be three builders. Others are free to gather materials. I'll try to get some stuff, as I lack artistic talent.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:05:55 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 11:08:50 pm »

Please post if you'd like to sign up for the build. I'll join if we lack three people tomorrow.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 11:20:54 pm »

Contest Rules, from what I've figured out so far

-There are three builders. More designers, resource collectors, and anything else is allowed; the limitation is only on people building on the actual plot.
-We are allowed to copy designs from the internet or whatever.
-Flying will almost certainly be added.
-Ground level is 60.
-We have to supply the materials.

This will be a moot point if the other server wins, but that doesn't look very likely.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 11:31:47 pm »

Total Anarchy, Armok demands blood!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 11:33:26 pm »

It's probably safe to say that Total Anarchy has won. I'll post the contents of my chest at some point; I think I have at least six stacks of iron at this point.

Also, co-ordinates for my house are -3434, 48, 4208. I'm settled here, so I would prefer that we set up here, but it doesn't matter that much, what with the incoming reset and all.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:35:42 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 12:12:34 pm »

MORE BREAKING NEWS! Apparently, land claims are going to be introduced, because lots of people wanted it. So no raiding. In my opinion, they shouldn't be on an anarchy server.

So, it costs a bit of ingame money, and all claimed land must connect, but still; this really won't be an anarchy server.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:15:05 pm by Elephant Parade »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 01:41:07 pm »

Armok demands blood!

Are blocks protected in those areas? If so, I think we should just protect the immediate area around our fort. After all, invaders can't dig ;)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 01:43:55 pm »

Armok demands blood!

Are blocks protected in those areas? If so, I think we should just protect the immediate area around our fort. After all, invaders can't dig ;)

...But we would need walls, and even then there would be ways for them to get by.

Also:
Spoiler: Chest of Loot (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 01:45:37 pm »

Iron swords aren't actually functionally better than stone ones :P.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 01:50:54 pm »

Durability. Also, PvP.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 97