Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Igynpadca: Elltycopi(ae)  (Read 13521 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Igynpadca: Elltycopi(ae)
« on: October 05, 2013, 07:06:08 am »

So recently the Igynpadca servers got shut down and the website was changed for a day, then everything went back to normal.
The speculations became true - Generic Game Company (GGC) now announced the official release of Igynpadca: Elltycopi Edition!

It's rather odd compared to the original, since it's a turn-based ASCII multiplayer game, with elements of MOBA-type games, in a slight sense that you have the objective of destroying the other team's statue. And there are like 12 teams per game, each with quite a few players (support for up to 256 players in one game and more!) and the maps are...
Enormous.

The thing is, that you have to actually build the base around your statue, craft your own weapons and armor and raise the animals and stuff yourself. Also, the heroes that you play as are randomly picked at the start of the match (devs say that manual picking would be too bland and boring), and looking into the manual reveals 1266 chars so far, and counting!

The game is in open beta right now, so there are a few major features still missing, like mechanisms. Updates are frequent though, and they're made by TGD (Typical Game Developer), so GGC can still work on regular Igynpadca full-time.

Anyone else playing it?

To be fair, I find Morul to be incredibly OP in the late-game because of his ridiculous skills at that stage, but his early-game is awful, being a mere food dissector. And then there is Cacame, but hammers don't seem to be very popular atm, or melee in general. Everyone just rushes ranged weapons or throwing. And for good reason.

So yeah, TDG - nerf ranged, buff melee. That is all.

Oh, and did I mention that matches in this game can stretch out for entire damn days?
Every match ending is globally announced to everyone in-game, just to celebrate this sole fact.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

But that's probably just me and I'm forgetting the whole "beta = beta" deal here.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:34:36 am by DarkDXZ »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca: Elltycopi
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 10:39:59 am »

You know in the single-player campaign, game play isn't all that bad. As far as the story goes... I havn't beaten it yet but I get the feeling that  cacame thinks about
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I guess we'll see when the developers release the next part in the following update.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 10:50:46 am »

Wait.

Wasn't there a new update expanding to other races as heroes too?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:32:22 am »

Wait.

Wasn't there a new update expanding to other races as heroes too?

Yeah, that one just came out.
Rolled Âsax today. It just felt wrong cheesing the poor groundborne fellas. Until they started throwing rocks at me, anyway. Throwing and ranged weapons in general are still broken, sadly.
The closed beta testers claim that it's getting a severe rework in the next update. Praise the Heavens!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 11:45:44 am »

I'm personally suggesting a new hero.

Goblin Necromancer, name unknown, and yeah.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 11:50:51 am »

Aren't necromancers frowned upon by the peoples and considered to be crutchy?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 11:52:48 am »

Actually, Morul counters minion makers. Something to do with that bullcrap temporary invuln he can spam.

I swear, they need to decide whether or not it's a MOBA or a turn-based strategy game.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 12:00:35 pm »

Actually, Morul counters minion makers. Something to do with that bullcrap temporary invuln he can spam.

I swear, they need to decide whether or not it's a MOBA or a turn-based strategy game.

Well, you control a single character and fight but can still build and make stuff.
Besides, the term MOBA is overused lately.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 01:02:48 pm »

Melee underpowered? Build an necklace of Koren(half ranged damage to wearer, it second level in blacksmithing.) and just wade toward the archers.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 03:11:08 pm »

Just started up this game. First match, I got Kiir (20% speed, charge attacks, and a dimension-door style spell), forged some anti-ranged weapons (Thanks, Scapheap, for telling me about the Necklace of Koren.), and charged the Dark Yellow team. SLAUGHTERED the archers, killed a few of their Flamoose, and got their statue down to half health before I had to blink out. They're weakened, though, so we're gonna train up a few Octarine Priests to heal us up and finish them off.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 04:05:10 pm »

Okay, so I'm in a middle of a game right now.
Had to hide in a lair to avoid an enemy patrol. My team is struggling because we have hardly any trees or minerals around, so we are forced to use a bit more unconventional weapons ("THROW THE TEETH!"). And there's also the fact that the nearest enemy team (Deep Red) has their main base set in a volcano spire. How did they get it up there is beyond me, but I guess that they've rushed builders for that.

I'm going to sneak in there (vision arcs, yo) and steal some of their weapons because damn we do need them, we need them so badly.
For the record, I'm Hiloo (kobold thief with bonuses to climbing and spring shoes for higher jump, among other things like ability to craft smoke bombs from dirt and whatnot :V).

I could also go crazy and just smash walls with a pick (which we thankfully have) and get the hell out of there, but I'm not exactly used to toying with magma, especially not in the enemy base.

Map generation is horrible in this game sometimes. (in case you haven't noticed the maps ARE randomly generated, which is cool, but can lead to one-sided games often times)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:08:02 pm by DarkDXZ »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 04:33:40 pm »

No trees and minerals? Is your base in a desert? If so, look for Hedoos(small green snake things). Useless things for crafting but if you look up their lore, you see they breed faster the hotter they are and are very protective of their young. Just ask an ally to toss a few in their base and in 10 minutes if that, they be swamped in Hedoos's nests and chip damage doesn't matter if there are hundreds of attackers.

On heroes, I just got a fitting hero for me, Scrapheap, the ranged AI robot with the (only?) global skill, DEFCON 1.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 04:45:23 pm »

Unfortunately we're in the tundra, so no luck there. Thanks for the tip, though.
I've managed to steal a whole bunch of weapons from the Deep Red though, so we're good on that front. We've also got Raksha making snowmen soldiers and a few other people breeding warwolves. We're swinging this game.

Also, Scrapheap is not the only hero with a global skill. Chronos can also affect time globally at the highest level, which can be both good or bad (Time Freeze helps a ton tho).
But he is not really popular.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 05:03:38 pm »

Bleh. I prefer playing Pagliacci. He's terrible early game, with not many offensive skills; Hidden Despair doesn't count as one, despite it's brokenness.

He's fun lategame though.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 05:28:49 pm »

Have you guys played Renox yet?
This guy just wrecks midgame. I mean, he's a goddamn dragon after all. His effectiveness runs out by the lategame where people have fireproof armor and weapons that can deal with him.

And his early game rocks, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15