Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [OOC] The Birth of Equestria (Everything's green)[6/6]  (Read 13259 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
[OOC] The Birth of Equestria (Everything's green)[6/6]
« on: October 08, 2013, 09:56:52 pm »

In the months following the unification of the three pony tribes, the new country of Equestria would face many threats. The area they settled on was not as peaceful as once thought. Monsters that would eventually be banished to Tartarus roam free. Clans of ponies and other species contest the land. It seems they would need more than the power of friendship to see this through to the end...

TBoE is an adventure roleplay. It takes place a few months after the initial settlement of Equestria. Players will play the part of pioneers who do various tasks for the Clan Ring (Clover the Clever, Smart Cookie, etc). Being a pioneer means being able to think on your feet, brave the dangers of the frontier, and represent Equestria.

The wiki, which contains lore and character profiles.

The doc, which contains the character sheet and important info.

The old thread, a continuation of Chapter 1 (yes, the chapters are long).

The IC

Characters
Spoiler: UOD, Flame Flipper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Laywing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolepgeek, Basayen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 05:28:08 pm by Silcugar »
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Hmm. I'll wait and see if this violates the pony rule -
Spoiler: Explanations (click to show/hide)
Dunno if this does anything, but if it does I'll at least PTW and probably end up playing depending on what my schedule looks like.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I....suppose I could try.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

We have an ongoing DF mod thread, if I remember, but the general discussion threads were disasters.  The potential here for disaster is probably somewhere in between.  You can try.  If it turns into a picture post fest or sexual roleplay, it'll have to be closed down.  There probably shouldn't be pictures at all.  People demonstrated repeatedly that they could not be responsible.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Possibly interested, but I'd like some clarifications:

Where and how exactly is this game going to be played? It appears to be something that's been on ponychan.net for a long time, and you appear to still have some active players there. Are they moving to here, or are they staying on ponychan? Coordinating two different user groups on different sites into the same game might be difficult. I don't much like the format on ponychan, and I'm unlikely to to spend much time reading game background there. But if this is a game that's been running for six months...I don't see how players here can integrate into an existing game without reading it. Actually, I'm not sure I want to join a game that's been running for six months either way.

Is this a new game being started on bay12? Or are you just advertising here and expect us to play on ponychan to join a game already in progress? Or are you expecting your ponychan players to register on bay12? Or are you planning to coordinate on both sites?

How is this going to work?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll give it a shot I think. I like your other games. Though I haven't got into Byn yet.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Boxman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello everyone, I am Boxman.

I can maybe provide some clarification. I am one of the remaining players from Ponychan.

Where and how exactly is this game going to be played?

I am not sure if I understand this question correctly but we will be playing it here on the forums.

Are they moving to here, or are they staying on ponychan?

We are moving here!

Actually, I'm not sure I want to join a game that's been running for six months either way.
Yes, that is generally why it is hard to get new blood. People feel like everyone already knows each other and feel like if they join they will be the odd man out. I assure you that when we did receive new players, we did everything possible to integrate them, and fill them in on what was going on. It also helps that new players are essentially new pioneers joining the group. They don't have to know what is going on and what has happened because they would just now be joining. ((I am thinking about having my character send reports back to Equestria to fill them in on whats going on, but that hasn't happened yet because I haven't found the correct time to do that.))

Is this a new game being started on bay12? Or are you just advertising here and expect us to play on ponychan to join a game already in progress? Or are you expecting your ponychan players to register on bay12? Or are you planning to coordinate on both sites?

We're moving here.

Hmm. I'll wait and see if this violates the pony rule -
If it turns into a picture post fest or sexual roleplay, it'll have to be closed down.  There probably shouldn't be pictures at all.  People demonstrated repeatedly that they could not be responsible.

We have yet to have any relationships within the roleplay after six months. I know I personally am a believer in taking my time with creating a relationship.

If you have any more questions I shall be lurking. I am new to your forums so I do not know the general etiquette. I apologize if you wanted me to actually quote instead of bold.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Don't worry, it all seems good to me so far. I'll likely only watch due to having quite a lot on my plate at present, but I'll observe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I....suppose I could try.
I'll give it a shot I think. I like your other games. Though I haven't got into Byn yet.

Great! You don't need to read the thread or anything, all I need from you is a character sheet, as seen in the google doc.

Possibly interested, but I'd like some clarifications:

Where and how exactly is this game going to be played? It appears to be something that's been on ponychan.net for a long time, and you appear to still have some active players there. Are they moving to here, or are they staying on ponychan? Coordinating two different user groups on different sites into the same game might be difficult. I don't much like the format on ponychan, and I'm unlikely to to spend much time reading game background there. But if this is a game that's been running for six months...I don't see how players here can integrate into an existing game without reading it. Actually, I'm not sure I want to join a game that's been running for six months either way.

Boxman's explanations are on the mark. We're moving here, continuing the story here, and recruiting new players to be added to the team! I understand your hesitance to join an older game, but know that reading the thread or the wiki is optional. I'd like you to go over the doc though, as it has the basics about the setting.

When you join, you wont be thrown into the game without explanation. You'll have an intro sequence that prepares you for the game, and gives your character motivation.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know much about the setting but most of my characters are a wee bit.... "Odd". Or more accurately.

Bat shit insane freaks. So not knowing doesn't matter because I'll likely actively violate most of the general rules of the nation anyway.

Someone has to be the you love him but you hate him guy ;).

Basically Silc, Sam is taking a holiday from trying to pick up ghouls to visit equestria ;).

Do we join at the basic level or same as the current 3, if the game has levels?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:33:28 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Character submission:

Name: Aurora Dawn
Race: Unicorn
Appearance: Female unicorn with pure white coat with light blue tail and mane

Background: Born into the Glistens noble House Dawn, Aurora grew up in opulence and attended by mud pony servants. One servant in particular, a mare by the name of Amber Growth, grew to be very fond of her, and Aurora loved to hear her stories of a world outside of Glistens where ponies without horns ran free and went on adventures without unicorns to tell them what to do. Aurora's parents were skeptical of these tales, but felt them harmless enough, as every unicorn knows that mud ponies aren't smart enough to survive on their own. Who would tell them to grow food? Who would give them a place to live? How would they know to store food for winter? Yes, some few unicorns were cruel to their chattel, but those were few and far between. Why beat your slaves when it simply makes them less able to serve you? And surely a well treated house servant to a noble family, given simple house cleaning and nursemaid duties rather than back-breaking field labor, and allowed even to sleep indoors...surely such a slave would realize their great fortune and be grateful for it? At least, so they thought, until one fateful day when Amber broke free from her magical restraints and attempted to flee the country. She made it as far as the castle courtyard before she was caught and executed. While there's no sense in mistreating a slave, when one apple grows mold it's best to throw it out to keep the other apples from molding too. Similarly, it's best to destroy slaves who try to free themselves to discourage others from attempting the same. Aurora was saddened by her maid's death, but her parents, not understanding her attachment to a mere mud pony, simply bought her a new one.

It wasn't the same.

Years later, Aurora remembered the stories she'd been told as a filly and decided eventually to explore beyond the borders of her country, to see if they were true. There, she found Equestria.

Cutie Mark: It is traditional for gentlemares of House Dawn to learn the art of dueling. During one particular exercise intended to teach focus over distraction, her instructor had a pegasus slave pony create a small storm while he and Aurora dueled high up on an elevated castle wall. Surrounded by rain and flashes of lightning, he then telekinetically hurled an entire 52 piece silverware set at her. Aurora successfully avoided the attack by teleporting out of the way, but after doing so she noticed a mud pony servant in the path of the missiles. Horrified, she deflected the barrage before they could maim him. Her opponent, seeing this, continued with the theme of the lesson of distraction by lifting the servant with his magic and hurling him off the castle wall. Unable to redirect the force of an entire pony thrown at speed, Aurora hastily ordered the pegasus to catch him before he hit the ground. Rushing to the edge of the wall, she saw the pegasus catch the mud pony and place him safely on the ground...and then felt the impact of her instructor's strike on her flank. She was told she'd failed the lesson completely, but with the pegasus no longer maintaining the stormcloud, light from the sky shown down on Aurora, revealing her cutie mark: a crystal chalice prism, with white light entering from one side and a refracted rainbow exiting from the other.

Her parents concluded her special talent must be for the management of pegasus weather slaves.

She did not correct them.

Skills:
 * Aurora is familiar with courtly affairs and conduct.
 * She is a connoisseur of fine food, wine and jewelry.
 * She is a competent scribe
 * Aurora is a trained magical duelist specialized in the art of combat telekinesis and teleportation. Her signature move is to chain teleports in quick succession while at a full gallop. Since momentum is conserved between teleports, this allows her to present a target that is not only fast-moving, but also pops in and out of existence all around her opponent, all while pelting them with a flurry of telekinetically hurled objects.

Equipment:
 * Saddlebags
 * Travelling money
 * A diamond studded brush
 * A journal, quill & inkwell
 * Perfume, shampoo, and assorted personal hygiene accessories

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll get my sheet up once I know if I can play a minotaur, already PMed :).
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Character submission:
Awesome submission

Oh yeah, you're definitely in. Flame will appreciate the company of a fellow Glistener, and Borak will appreciate tanking for another unicorn. And I'm sure Sirara and Laywing will like having another mare along.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name : Sam Harvey (( If you know Sam or Harvey from the games I made them in originally you know enough to be horrified by this combination. ))
Race : Minotaur.
Appearance : Jet black body from the neck down wearing a leather tunic, is white from the neck up. Long pointed hornys on top and has jagged claws on his hands from sharpening them on rocks as well as jagged teeth.

Bio : Sam was thrown into the wilds at a young age because he lacks the pure killer instincts of his species.

Mentally he's still a child complete with the naieve lack of understanding and emotional instability.

This causes problems when combined with his prodigious strength and ferocious combat skills though he lacks the cold blooded mentality of his people in using them.

He's come close to dieing several times from disease, injury and isolation, this has resulted in him becoming very tough but also in him believing the world is an evil place.

Sam doesn't know what he wants in life but he knows he can't stand being alone any more.

Skills.
Sam is skilled at wilderness survival of all forms. ( Grew up alone in the wilds. )
Sam is very good at unarmed combat. ( He has fangs, claws and hooves. They tend to hurt. )
Sam is immensely strong. ( Wielding 2 great Hammers at once and making it look easy levels of strong. Trade off for his being as smart as said Hammers.)
Sam has incredibly high physical fortitude. ( Living in the wild disease and injury is common, you get strong or die. )
Sam has a passive affinity for nature. ( Basically passive ability to understand and communicate with animals, plants and so on so he's able to convince them to work with him easily but has 0 ability at offensive or defensive magic. It's pretty much just over developed empathy. )
Equipment.
Do you see any pockets on his lack of pants? Yes, Sam doesn't wear pants. Does that make you uncomfortable?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:26:35 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Laywing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Greetings everyone!

I am Laywing, the Pegasus of the group. It will take some transitioning to get use to the new Birth of Equestria in bay12 but I have high hopes. I hope to get back on the saddle and to meet new characters so, see yuh there!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:33:36 pm by Laywing »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12