Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577]

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914838 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8640 on: May 14, 2023, 06:58:37 pm »

Ok, I like this idea of using Pokemon to fix your terrible life. In game, obviously.

https://nomadiclegends.tumblr.com/post/702221670637813761

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: May 14, 2023, 08:07:24 pm »

I think the issue is that adults in the Pokemon universe have too much adult stuff to deal with to raise Pokemon... excepting those adults whose actual profession involves raising Pokemon(Gym Leaders, Mafia, eco-terrorists). Kids are generally the only ones with the overall freedom to train Pokemon to that degree. It actually comes up a little in a side-quest for Sun/Moon, a old guy with an Eevee wanted to reconnect with his friends(with Eevolutions), but none of them had the time(one actually died in the meantime) to do so with everything else going on in their lives.

That said, I do like that story idea.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: May 15, 2023, 06:00:08 am »

I think the issue is that adults in the Pokemon universe have too much adult stuff to deal with to raise Pokemon... excepting those adults whose actual profession involves raising Pokemon(Gym Leaders, Mafia, eco-terrorists). Kids are generally the only ones with the overall freedom to train Pokemon to that degree. It actually comes up a little in a side-quest for Sun/Moon, a old guy with an Eevee wanted to reconnect with his friends(with Eevolutions), but none of them had the time(one actually died in the meantime) to do so with everything else going on in their lives.

That said, I do like that story idea.

Made me remember this 'article' from Game Theory: How RICH is a Pokemon Master?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhEz1cvC1rc
They calculate that being a Poketrainer is such bad business that only kids can 'afford' it. :-)

My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: May 16, 2023, 02:29:40 am »

Kids also have a higher tolerance for living poorly, generally speaking.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577]