Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: No ADOM topic? ADOM topic now!  (Read 9194 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • A big guy, for you.
    • View Profile
Re: No ADOM topic? ADOM topic now!
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2017, 08:24:32 pm »

Call me paranoid, but I absolutely don't trust that he can make this good. ADOM 2 is abandoned and the revival of ADOM 1 wound up, in my opinion, adding nothing but bloat and further unbalancing to an already fairly complete and fun game.
Bay12: Where a discussion about a man's anus manage to be Lovecraftian.
you sir, deserve a medal. this is the dawn of a new age of child trauma.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2017, 09:59:55 pm »

I'm not sure where's the bloat, the world was pretty empty before and is just slightly less empty now with the few optional dungeons added with their own quests line (Ice Queen that is available from start and the other new ones that are part of a new quest and will appear only when you get into that new quest).

The balance of the game isn't really changed, you die at more or less the same locations as in the past, the annoying stuff is still annoying with important message being always easy to miss, the need of spoiler for specific stuff still need reading spoiler instead of learning from ingame reveal/discovery etc...

You have the bugfixing that is always good to have, and for those interested by it the nice user friendly interface and the optional graphical version (you can still switch with F10 between graphic and ascii at any time) .

The only relative bloat are those 6 random dungeons that serves no purpose currently, there's nothing cool or boss fight to have when reaching a random dungeon bottom, it just feels unfinished there and added "just because", you'll need to get into two of them to acquire two objects to trigger one of the new quest though, but that new quest is one of the new optional ones, so not required to even try it.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2017, 02:33:49 pm »

The last time I played ADOM was when there were no graphics. What's changed since then?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2017, 03:09:40 pm »

Graphics (still can switch between graphics and ASCII anytime by pressing F10)
Sounds and music
Interface and menu redesigned (and nicely polished)
Mouse support (still possible to use only keyboard if wanted)
New optional quests (several new locations related to them added)
Uniques monsters (extremely rare to find one)
More monsters, items, artifacts, corruptions
New races and classes (Mist Elves, Rattlings - Chaos Knight, Duelists)
Old Bugs fixed
New Bugs added :D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2018, 10:00:21 pm »

Adom 3.0.6 released for everyone :
http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2018/01/adom-306-released-to-general-public.html

changelog since the last public release (it was Adom 2.3.8 ) :
http://www.adom.de/home/changelog.html

And from the blog entry :
With this release our crowdfunding campaign comes full circle: We are officially done!
From now on we will focus our development effort on Ultimate ADOM and run ADOM in a kind of support mode (which means: it gets about 20% of our time for attention to fix bugs and add new features and content)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:03:18 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2019, 10:44:11 pm »

Time to call for a necromantic rise for a good reason : it had escaped my watch but Adom 3.3.3 has been released for everyone in the end of january
https://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2019/01/big-release-day-adom-333-has-been.html
it sure is big with more than 500mb, probably music/sound and all those tiles and sprites can be costly.

Changelog is still at the same place :
https://www.adom.de/home/changelog.html

edit : just gave a try and went back to 3.0.6 , i had a massive performance issue in the inventory , considering it's only text on black background it's hard to understand why there's such incredible lag in them.
While there's no such problem in the actual game (world map, dungeons, etc...)

Checked around if there was something wrong with my settings, but it looks like even those using the steam version got this problem :
https://steamcommunity.com/app/333300/discussions/0/3441214221473460852/

3.0.6 had none of those inventory performance problem
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:47:12 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]