Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 209992 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems to have brought him back with nearly maxed-out stress, but I agree. Life in this world is horrible and traumatic and people who come back from the dead should never be the same again (at least not without some very expensive therapy).

On the other hand, with life in there being what it is, death may have come as a blessed respite.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

I recently edited the game files so that whenever the bounty hunter does anything, his animation is his marked for death one. POKE! Dead. POKE! Destroyed. POKE! Obliterated
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

It seems to have brought him back with nearly maxed-out stress, but I agree. Life in this world is horrible and traumatic and people who come back from the dead should never be the same again (at least not without some very expensive therapy).

On the other hand, with life in there being what it is, death may have come as a blessed respite.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Getting close to beating this game.  I defeated the Necromancer Lord the other day.  It was an epic 50 turn battle.  I had spectators telling me I wasn't going to make it, but I did so without losing anyone.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Is it just me, or are the skeleton enemies adorable? At least, by the standards of this game. I dunno, something about their big eye sockets, their expressions, and the fact that they're the weakest enemies in the game... It just makes me think, 'Ooh, they're trying to so hard.' Particularly the case with the Bone Rabbles.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And their attacks are so stupid looking:

"Imma gonna hit youz with a stick!"

*Thwock, one damage*

*My Crusader blinks.*

Also, spooky scary skeletons spill spirits that make you shriek. Best prepare for Bone Nobles steal your sanity tonight!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:06:57 am by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Oh god... just suffered my first ever party wipe to the shuffling horror.  All those unique items lost :(  Hurts so much...

They all died of heart attacks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:43:40 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Beat the first darkest dungeon mission!  One virtuous leper stood alone in the end against the shuffling horror to deal the killing blow.  It was quite dramatic and satisfying.

I'm hoping to beat this game by the end of the week.  Looking forward to that, I did a bit of reading to see if New Game+ would be worth checking out.  While reading, noticed curious reference to something called "Pitch Black Dungeon".  Did a Google search for it that led me directly to a darkest dungeon section on nexus with dozens of mods.  Raise your hand if, like me, you had no clue?  Pitch Black looks pretty neat at a glance.  I think I'll be trying it after I beat vanilla.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blood in the mud...
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Trying desperately to push on, but all of my healers are dead.  My last occultist died to the shuffling horror.  It's been 10 weeks or so, and not a single lvl 3 vestal or occultist has arrived on the stagecoach.  And if I recruit a novice, I then have to recruit a whole team of novices to level them up.  This is getting really annoying.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I'm not going to say there's cheat engine tables ready and rarin' to go, but... >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Tempting... The thought crossed my mind... but I just can't bring myself to do it.  I'm fanatical purist about my first play through of a game being legitimate before I'll allow myself to mess around with cheats or walkthroughs.  Just being forced to look up directions on how to get through something instead of figuring it out on my own will often stir forgotten eldritch horrors from their slumber in my heart.  I'll usually only do so for games I'm really into and haven't thrown too much bullshit of that nature at me.  Otherwise, I've quit and given up on many games because of too much lack of direction or unreasonable difficulty spikes that I could have easily traversed if I'd been willing to sacrifice a shred of self-respect for 5 minutes on Google.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

1. Complete an activate quest somewhere with a regular party to get the Damage/RXP bonus in that area.
2. Obtain vestal of any level.
3. Make a party with that vestal at the very back that includes a DD Torchbearer; a MAA if possible.
4. Equip vestal with Ancestor's Portrait and Junia's head or Stun Amulet.
5. Go through bonus-enhanced area in a veteran quest (Champion is also possible, but much more difficult), treating the vestal as a slightly more effective antiquarian.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:21:23 pm by Blaze »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Trying desperately to push on, but all of my healers are dead.  My last occultist died to the shuffling horror.  It's been 10 weeks or so, and not a single lvl 3 vestal or occultist has arrived on the stagecoach.  And if I recruit a novice, I then have to recruit a whole team of novices to level them up.  This is getting really annoying.

Pretty much this is what dissuades me from playing more of it. I'm ok losing guys. But not this catch-22 "Zerg into the dungeon to pass the week" shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Pretty much this is what dissuades me from playing more of it. I'm ok losing guys. But not this catch-22 "Zerg into the dungeon to pass the week" shit.

Yeah... healing is essential to surviving higher level medium/long quests... but there are only two effective healers out of a large cast of characters... It's the ONLY balance gripe I have found in dozens of hours of play.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 101