Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 209431 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Well, I mean, a decent amount of front liners have Self Heals,(Houndmaster, Leper, Hellion,)  and I found that by maxing out food and essentially not feeding the front I could make do. Also, several others have decent heals. The plague Doctors, while minor, still cures blight AND bleed, which can be HUGE against some enemies(fuckin Ucas),and the Arbalests, combined with Medics Gauntlets (or something like that, can't remember exact name) over the course of 3 turns can basically be healing like 15 per turn. Really, the only class whose heal I actively dislike is the Antiquarians. But then again, I pretty much dislike her all around. She's the wimps way of getting more loot. GO DARK OR GO HOME BITCHES!

However, I will admit that at around 4+ level the other healers start to drop off. But seriously tho. Those Fuckin Arterial Pinches man. Mein Gott.

Also, why does everyone hate on Bounty Hunters? I've had one do 35 damage in a single hit. Take note that this was NOT a Crit. Cries I've had go up to I think 63. Plus his camp buffs are awesome.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

People hate on Bounty Hunters?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Self-heals aren't a good mainstay for long-term sustainability, though... because if you're healing through the damage being dealt to you, you're not dealing with the source of that damage at the same time.

And yeah... I try to always take a bounty hunter against any human boss.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Self heals can, especially backed up by something like Battlefield Medicine, do more than just get your ass off of Death's Door. They can actually put guys back in the fight, or save them from a bleed or blight death. YMMW.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:45:38 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Leper heals look pretty beefy, tbh. Least from watching the numbers are pretty consistently at or better than the vestal single target (sometimes even when the vestal has a character/talent level advantage and/or trinkets), and hella' more reliable than the occultist's (plus it's, y'know, also a buff instead of a bleed). You can probably do worse than having one or two in your frontline to let you pay more attention to keeping you back kindle kicking, particularly for catchup runs...

Rest of the self-heals look kinda' shite in the health department, though. Good for other stuff, but that raw HP gain that means you need an actual healer less, not so much. Abomination seems to be the next best on that front, and, well...

Spending time healing instead of attacking is a thing, but that applies just as much to that dedicated healer. Just have something hurty where you'd normally have the healer, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Problem is, whoever you put in the back to deal damage needs to sustain somehow, too.  Time spend healing is only one part.  The other part is making sure everyone can do it somehow.  Pain isn't focused too very much towards the front, especially in the later stuff.  And when you get crit, you can't afford to spend 3 turns building up an arbalest's heal buff or something like that.  I mean you can muddle your way through a low level or short dungeon with just about anything, but you have to be able to bounce back strong and keep yourself in good shape for a top tier boss or darkest dungeon run.

At least this is my experience being near the end of my first playthrough.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:27:49 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Huh. Is there any way to get around the protection cap? Was kinda' disappointed watching that antiquarian/man-at-arms thing where the +prot goes over 100, but the stat itself stopping at 80...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

First attempt at level 2 of DD... DID NOT GO WELL.  So much bleed.  So very fucking much bleed.  I'm just happy that the vestal and jester I worked all week on procuring didn't die.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

FUCKING BEAT IT!

*sighs*... that had become a bit of an obsession.

Edit:
And now... Pitch Black Dungeon is pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:46:49 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So apparently the Crimson Court has been out a few days....any thoughts?

Still haven't beaten DD ever. Not that I can't, I just run out of team after the hero grind from 3 to 5, trying to do all the dungeon bosses before tackling the DD. I'll get there, one day.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:39:27 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It came out yesterday. I've only been able to play for a couple hours so I don't have a full opinion yet, but I'm kind of miffed at how they handled the first Crimson Court mission.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's pretty sinful given knowing roughly speaking how hard a dungeon is, is core to the game's fairness. I don't see why they handled it that way, considering the other special side mission is clearly marked.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

I figured the quest reward would've been a dead giveaway...

Anyone figure out how to get blueprints for district stuff?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently bosses drop them. You can also get them through town events.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

So, I was playing through the courtyard, and I found this weird hunched-over person.

So I used the item that any logical person would use

"SHOVEL-SMAAAAACK"

Unfortunately, that didn't work. But the mental image made the later butt-rape of my party much more tolerable.

Edit: I was mucking about on the Interwebs and I found this. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/k/king+crimson/the+court+of+the+crimson+king_20078591.html
I'm not sure if the songs got any relevance, but it's got some striking parallels (I.E. Flowers, outside forces controlling the actions of others, reference to a "King and Queen" that seem similar to the Baron and the Countess bosses.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:48:17 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 101