Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 209856 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Sequel in the works.
« Reply #1365 on: February 19, 2019, 07:32:59 pm »

It’s  not called Darkest Arkham. 0/10

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Sequel in the works.
« Reply #1366 on: February 19, 2019, 09:37:22 pm »

The snow reminds me of The Thing. Looking forwards to battling formless monstrosities in a blinding snowstorm~
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 19, 2019, 11:16:59 pm »

The snow reminds me of The Thing. Looking forwards to battling formless monstrosities in a blinding snowstorm~
It immediately reminded me of At the Mountains of Madness, which is a Lovecraft story that's also set in Antarctica and features formless monstrosities.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 20, 2019, 12:49:42 am »

Was thinking the same. Will probably mix up the two
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 20, 2019, 01:07:33 am »

RPS pointed out that given that the most recent DLC was called The Color Of Madness, this one should be called The Mountains Out Of Space. :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 20, 2019, 03:08:09 am »

Fighting off invading space mountains does sound pretty cool tbh
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 21, 2019, 02:57:43 pm »

Hmmmmmmm.

It's not that I don't want more DD, but I can't imagine they can do much more with the formula. All I can imagine is that it'll basically just be DD but with Cold instead of Darkness as the main mechanic, but which works pretty much the same (risk vs reward etc.).

Again, not that it's a bad thing but I'd be really surprised if it isn't just basically a big DLC for DD
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 21, 2019, 03:00:27 pm »

Coldest Crag
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 21, 2019, 03:30:50 pm »

Here's my hope:

Have an affliction system that actually meets the expectations we had of the first game.

Afflictions in DD are 99% random except for the hard coded curio Afflictions. Always have been. There's no link between what happens (outside of curios) and the afflictions you get. That's what always made DD an extremely well made board game to me, versus an actual character RPG.

If they can do that in a way that works in the sequel, I honestly don't care about anything else: story, mechanics, whatever. Just give me a reason to care about afflictions, and by extension, the characters that get afflicted. It was impossible to ever connect with any of your characters, for good or ill, because the whole underpinning of the system was just LAWL RANDOM.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 21, 2019, 03:55:30 pm »

I want an xcom style caimpaign where you can win or lose the game and the difficulty ramps up over time.  The way the village worked was my least favorite thing about the first game.  Especially the arbitrary level caps on who could do certain missions.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: February 21, 2019, 04:09:39 pm »

"You must be this tall to lose your mind"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 21, 2019, 05:09:11 pm »

My best guess for dd2 based on what they've said is that the game structure is about bringing a group of adventurers on a journey across the world while the apocalypse is happening. Which means no more hamlet, probably less opportunity to recruit new characters, which in turn makes them individually less expendable. And probably a campaign lose condition if you let everyone die.

Hopefully that means the characters gain more character, not being "crusader #6" but "my crusader".

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 21, 2019, 05:32:42 pm »

Darkest Dungeon 1 is 75% off on steam right now. 

I'm tempted to wait to see if it appears as part of the humble monthly bundle next week though...
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 21, 2019, 05:48:20 pm »

TBH it's a good enough game I think bottom dollaring it is kind of a disservice. But to each, their own savings.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 21, 2019, 05:54:46 pm »

I'm sure its great, its just I've got so many games I haven't played yet that I usually can't rationalize paying more.  Its definitely an era of plenty when it comes to gaming right now.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 101