Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 208420 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Is it just me or they amped up the lethality significantly?
I've restarted twice because I lost Dismas a couple of weeks into the game
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

What have you been dying from?

I myself seem to find my own heroes missing and critting somewhat more often than they used to be, and they've also been recieving more crits than before the update (or again, so it seems).

Only one death so far, but then again I've only played for a few weeks on a completely fresh save. I don't know how my other saves will be affected by this (especially not my Modded Estate). Fingers crossed!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

You know I never realized how trivial this game gets once you realize that the penalty for running away from battles and dungeons isn't particularly high.

Stress isn't hard to get rid off after all. The biggest cost is just the money, but even that isn't really that big of a deal. An antiquarian gives you so much money you'll be rolling in it.

It starts out really difficult due to lack of money and everything being locked but once you get rolling, it's a piece of cake.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

If the game comes across as easy to you, you could always try Stygian/Bloodmoon.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

So... anyone know what Refracted does? Or how to get it? I can't find any info
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

20 new steam achievements.
I love darkest dungeon in any case, but I was sort of proud of my 100% legit achievements for this game.

So it's not a choice anymore. I will get this dlc.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

What have you been dying from?

I myself seem to find my own heroes missing and critting somewhat more often than they used to be, and they've also been recieving more crits than before the update (or again, so it seems).

Only one death so far, but then again I've only played for a few weeks on a completely fresh save. I don't know how my other saves will be affected by this (especially not my Modded Estate). Fingers crossed!
Mostly the problem is that everyone seems to focus fire on Dismas.

I'm tbinking that I'm using riposte less... that migjt lead to more attacks
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Bought Darkest Dungeon. Was having fun with my demo so I grabbed it for real.

Apparently it's currently being brigaded by people upset over translations though.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

I'm just having crap rolls.

my stuns keep failing or my occultist hits bleed and zero healing or I misjudge stygian mode health/damage.

ran into 2 muskets and 2 bloodletters before the recruit level necromancer, for instance.  knew that my fresh party was going to get packed in but kept at it and lost our healer to bleed.  massive musket fueled bleed.  we had the necro down to 25% tbf, but once the party catches an affliction their dpt dropped and it was over.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Started a new game and I have a full stun team right now.

There's no real RNG to deal with when the enemy can't move haha. It's great. I haven't swapped them out in like... ages. I actually don't think I've used anyone but these four since the second week to now, which is like the 20th or something. Even went into the DLC horde mode thing and didn't even take a scratch.

The team is Musketeer, Plague Doctor, Bounty Hunter, and Crusader. The skill build is just all stuns. Except the Musketeer has that overpowered smoke screen ability.

It's pretty crazy. Because I've been stacking so many +x% chance to stun trinkets on them, they even stun bosses reliably. Makes it a serious cakewalk.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just having crap rolls.

my stuns keep failing or my occultist hits bleed and zero healing or I misjudge stygian mode health/damage.

ran into 2 muskets and 2 bloodletters before the recruit level necromancer, for instance.  knew that my fresh party was going to get packed in but kept at it and lost our healer to bleed.  massive musket fueled bleed.  we had the necro down to 25% tbf, but once the party catches an affliction their dpt dropped and it was over.

No offense, but you can't complain about dying on Stygian. That's like setting yourself on fire and saying it's too hot.

I can't play Stygian. I just won't do it. Not yet, anyway.

Playing a 0 level party against the Necro is suicide anyway. Your stress will be high when you reach him (maybe a few afflictions), and all of his party-wide attacks cause even more stress. I can only imagine how horrible it is in Stygian.

Hellion/Abom(or Bounty)/Vestal/Arbalest works well in Ruins. Arb/Vestal for heals, abom can self heal and stun on demand, Hellion for Iron Swan on goblet undead/muskets.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Unless the restriction got removed recently, Abominations can't run in the same party as Vestals. Or Lepers or Crusaders.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile

That restriction was removed with the latest patch.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless the restriction got removed recently, Abominations can't run in the same party as Vestals. Or Lepers or Crusaders.

That restriction was removed with the latest patch.

This. I ran a mod way before the latest patch that removed it anyway, as I played extensively with just vanilla. Now that it's the new vanilla, combined with the changes to abilities/balance, we'll have a new era of combination exploring to do.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

The only real reason to keep bobs apart was balance purposes, just like you cant bring more than one fanatic at a time... but I feel they werent really that strong to begin with
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 101