Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 208421 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile

Eh, I feel it was more theme than balance. And that theming made them bad, balance wise.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Bobs? That’s what we’re calling abominations now?

In that case, why don’t we call Vestals Vesties, Crusaders Crews, and so on?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Eh, I feel it was more theme than balance. And that theming made them bad, balance wise.
How is it theme to prevent holies from going out with bobs, whereas they were perfectly fine with hellion, occultists, and antiquarians?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile

Because the Abomination is an actual Abomination?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

They even had a quip when you tried to put them together, something along the lines of "I ain't going nowhere with that THING"
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

"I will not serve with this.... Creature." - Very religious people, 2015/11/30

I don't understand why the religious heroes would have a problem with Antiquarians or Hellions. They may not share the religion, but perhaps they may see a chance to convert or are otherwise neutral.

Now, it is a good question as to why they tolerate the Occultist, since the Occultist is the only hero who has the dubious honor of being the only (vanilla) hero able to harm their teammates when they're not afflicted.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

OMG why would you literally make a reskin of a unique preorder character for your game, then release the preorder without modding it?

A shame too since muskets could easily be a neat 'hit all the things for graze damage and debuffs' character.  OR, make the crossbowgirl a damn tank-buster, giving her more prot-reducing.

dumb.  lame.  kind of nonsense.  why?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Anyone know a fix for Backer Trinket retrieval not working? When I try to type in a trinket name all keys return eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in the window.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Weird. You can try asking them about it, they seem fairly responsive to stuff. At least in the past they were.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thread on the steam forum about it. Could be related to languages, dunno. Guess I'll have to play without a full compliment of WTF broken cheesy backer trinkets for now. :P

edit

After one of many restarts it just started acting normal again. *shrug*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:37:37 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I've been fiddling with a lot of the Farmstead and I think after a few dozen hours I can safely say if you want to progress anywhere, you basically need a Jester and a Vestal.

It's not really possible to go very far without those two. This is because of the obscene amount of stress damage, which will easily overwhelm any other potential stress heal other than a fully specced Jester in stress heal. Then there's the neverending damage. You could theoretically use something like Occultist for the heal, but it's really unreliable. Not to mention all the AOE damage, making Vestal kinda important... though if you were feeling baller you could probably skip it.

Other than those two you just need two DPS. I do Grave Robber and Highwayman and it seems to work. Kills hundreds before I get bored.

I tried so many other combos but it really comes down to stress heal and normal heal. If you lack either, you will just lose to the inevitable attrition. But when you have both it becomes a cakewalk.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Color of Madness DLC
« Reply #1362 on: February 19, 2019, 05:58:08 pm »

Nice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Sequel in the works.
« Reply #1363 on: February 19, 2019, 07:10:01 pm »

Ermahgerd.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Sequel in the works.
« Reply #1364 on: February 19, 2019, 07:23:46 pm »

A sequel so clearly in view...or is it merely a trick of the light?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 101