Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Viewing Armor? Getting Individual Items?  (Read 510 times)

DigitalAdhesive

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Viewing Armor? Getting Individual Items?
« on: October 10, 2013, 06:18:55 pm »

Hey everyone,

I've tried to be a good citizen by googling and looking for tutorials, etc., and using the search function, but there are a few things about adventure mode that really have me confused. For starters, how can I see what armor I'm equipped with? I can see armor in my inventory, but I don't know if it's being worn or not. Is there a simple command that just shows what armor is equipped where?

Secondly, if I find a bag on the ground in a village, and it's filled with 20 heavy items, and all I want is one single item, is there a way to just pick that item out of the bag without getting the entire bag and having to drop the unwanted stuff on the ground?

Thanks - I really want to get into this mode, but some basic stuff is really confusing me.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing Armor? Getting Individual Items?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 06:46:42 pm »

In the (i)nventory screen, worn items show up as a light blue color and list the body part where they are worn. Held objects (weapons for example, but literally anything) are in white and also show where they're held.

If you just want one item out of a bag, box or other container, just select that item from the (g)et menu. If the list is longer than five items you can scroll through it with * and / to see the rest. Just select the item you want rather than the container and you'll only take that item.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.