Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Craft to Gem: A Gemcraft RtD (Feild 1, turn 5! Kinda glad you didn't pick fuse!)  (Read 14427 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Right, I was going to do a Friday night update, but a family gathering I wasn't told about until 5 minutes before we went left me unable to get home to update till half past 11.

In the meantime.
Rune also contacts the council.

"...Help me... I'm so scared... That guy was trying to do something, he slipped, started screaming, and the earth tore in bloody two!... If I am dead as this day ends, please... tell my gems I loved them..."
"I just caused a massive chasm in the ground by mistake. The good news, we only have the north to worry about now, the bad news, I expect that they will wheel around to supplement the north, and should be here in a few minutes, anyway. More good news, that gives us time to prepare for it.

More bad news, for you at least, I'm not paying for that."

Cromwell finishes his cigarette.

"You what?"

The image projected by Cromwell's amulet turns away, and the one projected by Rune's amulet turns towards him (He turns from Cromwell to face Rune).

"HE WHAT?!"

He waves his hand, and suddenly there is an image of each of the other wizards he's talking to projected by the amulets; Rune, Cromwell, and the wizard he was talking with earlier.

"Exactly what I was saying. Corron, you may have noticed there is a chasm in the Bluesoul Valley that wasn't there before. Given enough time, mana rising to the surface may turn it into one of the largest mana shards in existence. I believe this is what we call collateral damage. And these are your charges; this means if the enemy turns this to their advantage, it's your fault."

"'Given enough time', yes. It takes several years for those small ones to fill; a basin of that size will surely take much longer. The enemy will be long gone since then. One can only hope."

"Hmm. Elemental magic, while certainly powerful, never did quite cause the kind of destruction that miscast construction magic could. Why can't you gem-types go without, I'll never know..."
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

"What if we manage to fill the chasm back up? If we get enough corpses, we could compact them down."

Cromwell brushes some dust off of his sleeve.

"Unless you want me to try and summon something to fill that back up with."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Corron visibly pales.

"B-b-b-b-but you can't just summon something that would... uh... plug up a... pit... chasm... hole... mana leak... whatever! like that. I m-m-mean, a summoner, or a... something... uh..."

"What your commander means," the other wizard explains, "Is that you have created a chasm that reaches down deep into the deepest places of the world, where there's so much mana, it's almost like the world floats on a sea of it. The very presence of such a gap causes mana to leak upwards, creating a force that would break up anything you make to fill the hole."

"Er... quite right, Vern. In order for a gemcrafting wizard to create a gem that would fit the hole, they'd need more mana than was needed to make... that special gem... probably they'd need to wait for your, uh, 'shard' to fill up and harvest it all in order to make a gem that big. And it wouldn't be strong enough to plug it up for very long...

"You clove the ground in TWO?! What am I going to tell MY superiors?! Have you seen the size of that hole!!"

Vern gives a small smile and turns up his nose before his image fades out and bursts. Corron seems quite upset, though, and you may have broken his mind.
The Cyan Menace

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Have you seen the size of that hole!!"
Cromwell chuckles to himself, and walks off.
The Derail Thread

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Coolrune attempts to hail them again.

Hello, still right next to the crazy person! Help me, before he creates a chasm under the orbs!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The First Field
Long Journey, Short Memories

Turn 3

Scapheap Wait and do nothing.
HFS Wait and do nothing.
Rune [6-2+1] Trying to draw excess mana out of his extra gem, he accidentally drains out a couple of color components. (+213 mana)
Mastahcheese Wait and do nothing.

The monsters on the hill slowly progress up, not making much headway.

Spoiler: Field Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monster Status (click to show/hide)

Tower: 1 built, next costs 140
Trap: 0 built, next costs 100
Trench: ###$##lt, next costs 140
No space for walls.

Clair [5+2-1+1][4+2-1] 0+75=75/420 mana
Could make a grade 1 gem
Sofia[65+1+1][5+2] 159+92=251/480
Could potentially make a grade 3 gem and a grade 1 gem
Rune [6+2+1][2+1+1] 36+213+50=299/450
Could make two grade 2 gems.
Cromwell [2+1-6+1][2-6] 24+8=32/300
Could make a grade 1 gem this turn.

Player Statuses:
Spoiler: HFS (Sofia Aurora) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CoolRune206 (Rune) (click to show/hide)

The Cyan Menace

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile

Make a Multiple Damage/Chain Hit Grade 3 gem and put it in the tower.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Clair snap back "Could someone build a tower at 7B?"
Make a grade 1 gem(don't care about effect, focus on damage) and put it in the hopefully built tower
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Concentrate my magic on infusing this gem with a new power- Any sort, but try to mimic another person's idea, or one I have that's not currently on it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally! Make a Gem 1, with some dope poison.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some issues with current plans.

Coolrune: Do you want to combine in another gem? That would just involve clarity rolls.
Trying to add in a component without making another gem would involve an other magic roll AND clarity rolls, and using a component you can't normally make in this case would involve a penalty.
Also, what kind of "other person's idea"? Cromwell's 'trenches'? His mana leaching gems? Sofia's chain hit?

Scapheap: Nobody's building a tower this turn, apparently. I could have you just save the gem, or I could have you save the mana.

Scap could make a gem and rune combine it it, but that would be rather unoptimal.

HFS: You intend to make a grade 2 of each gem and combine them, right? This isn't an issue, just a clarification.
The Cyan Menace

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spend turn entirely assisting teammates.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile

HFS: You intend to make a grade 2 of each gem and combine them, right? This isn't an issue, just a clarification.

Yes.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

I'll still make the gem.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spend turn entirely assisting teammates.
Make sure he doesn't assist me, because we have a negative.

Actually, as a standing order for my character, don't let anyone try to help me, as it will likely turn out badly.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7