Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS - Sneaky Crime?  (Read 2070 times)

Landric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
LCS - Sneaky Crime?
« on: August 27, 2013, 04:00:08 am »

I've noticed when I try to juice up my lieutenants by having them spray up the crackhouse that they get 120-odd counts of vandalism tied to their criminal records (even when there were no witnesses and no alarms).

But (possibly using the new sneak attack rules) my sneaky-ninja-founder has been able to murder entire swathes of the conservative scum with absolutely no dent to his sparkly clean record.

What gives?

Landric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS - Sneaky Crime?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 05:12:37 am »

Oh, okay. It seems that crimes are added to your record regardless because of the mechanics EXCEPT sneak attacks.

There were mentions of overhauling the system and, for one, I'd love to see that. I particularly liked the idea of having a trail that can lead back to you in the case of things like theft, murder or arson. You could even deliberately leave a "calling card" at the scene or take call up the radio station and take "credit" if you wanted to increase the notoriety of the LCS. Or, play it sneaky, hide evidence, avoid (or silence) witnesses and have a squeaky clean record (and public image).

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »

There is stuff about this in the code already, mostly commented out, about a "squad stance". Either covert, normal, or battle colors. Covert would be, you try to avoid detection as much as possible, and are likely to get away with crimes, and have little to no heat or impact on public opinion. Normal would be the current system. Battle colors would be, you openly take credit for every crime you commit, and Conservatives are likely to be alarmed from the moment you step foot in the door of a site, you wouldn't have any disguise or stealth at all, and you'd get huge amounts of both heat and impact on public opinion. It isn't fully implemented yet though. Well I guess it's obvious it isn't fully implemented yet since if it were fully implemented, it would be an enabled feature that's part of the game and everyone who plays the game would know about it by seeing it in the user interface.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »

I was thinking earlier today that it might be a nice minor change to make it so that clothing that conceals a liberal's face (like masks and a few of the body armour options) would make it so that crimes don't immediately get added to that liberal's record, even if they've been witnessed, maybe depending on the liberal's disguise skill.

After all, what's the point of robbing a bank while wearing a bunch of masks of former presidents if everyone automatically knows exactly who did it?

(the LCS in general should still get heat from this since I'm assuming they'd still take credit for crimes committed in disguise, but the specific perpetrators could still go out in public without risk of being recognized, at least until they've committed enough crimes that the police can build a genetic profile and identify them that way).
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »

I was thinking earlier today that it might be a nice minor change to make it so that clothing that conceals a liberal's face (like masks and a few of the body armour options) would make it so that crimes don't immediately get added to that liberal's record, even if they've been witnessed, maybe depending on the liberal's disguise skill.

After all, what's the point of robbing a bank while wearing a bunch of masks of former presidents if everyone automatically knows exactly who did it?

(the LCS in general should still get heat from this since I'm assuming they'd still take credit for crimes committed in disguise, but the specific perpetrators could still go out in public without risk of being recognized, at least until they've committed enough crimes that the police can build a genetic profile and identify them that way).
This sounds good, but it should depend on the disguise skill. Otherwise, the game would get a bit too easy.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 09:18:32 am »

Or, make it so we can wear both masks and armor at the same time. I want my trenchcoat-and-Guy-Fawkes-mask-wearing uber-ninja, dammit!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 07:14:16 pm »

There is stuff about this in the code already, mostly commented out, about a "squad stance". Either covert, normal, or battle colors. Covert would be, you try to avoid detection as much as possible, and are likely to get away with crimes, and have little to no heat or impact on public opinion. Normal would be the current system. Battle colors would be, you openly take credit for every crime you commit, and Conservatives are likely to be alarmed from the moment you step foot in the door of a site, you wouldn't have any disguise or stealth at all, and you'd get huge amounts of both heat and impact on public opinion. It isn't fully implemented yet though. Well I guess it's obvious it isn't fully implemented yet since if it were fully implemented, it would be an enabled feature that's part of the game and everyone who plays the game would know about it by seeing it in the user interface.

This would naturally be followed by False Flag outfits that make people think you're the CCS, right?   :D

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 02:16:55 am »

Seems like the sort of thing the CCS ought to be doing, being CIA-backed and all.